Adding Haata's force curve gauge measurements?

Hking0036

07 Dec 2016, 06:26

After seeing the thread on the Vintage MX Black vs. Modern MX Black it makes sense to include these in the wiki articles (presuming Haata is ok with it), if put under the image of the switch in question on the section to the right so that people can get an impression. MX Blacks in particular have a section that addresses the alleged difference between vintage and modern (something I didn't buy into until I actually saw the chart), and it would benefit from having some graphical evidence to back it up.

ohaimark
Kingpin

07 Dec 2016, 06:33

I've already communicated with HaaTa about getting his graphs up on the wiki.

Once the DTAs end, we're planning to coordinate a system that keeps the graphs posted and updated.

Hking0036

07 Dec 2016, 06:39

ohaimark wrote: I've already communicated with HaaTa about getting his graphs up on the wiki.

Once the DTAs end, we're planning to coordinate a system that keeps the graphs posted and updated.
Cool stuff. Are you going to do common comparisons like that in the keyfeel section like the black vs vintage vs nixie or maybe a red vs pink or silver, clear/ergo vs a zealio or something, etc. or just have the graphs associated with their own page?

ohaimark
Kingpin

07 Dec 2016, 06:46

The graphs will probably go in the feel section OR at the very top of the page somewhere. If a page has multiple switches (or switch generations) on it, multiple graphs will be placed there for comparison.

On the MX Black page, two graphs will be shown to illustrate the difference between vintage and modern switches. I don't think vintage MX Blacks merit their own page.

Hking0036

07 Dec 2016, 06:53

ohaimark wrote: The graphs will probably go in the feel section OR at the very top of the page somewhere. If a page has multiple switches (or switch generations) on it, multiple graphs will be placed there for comparison.

On the MX Black page, two graphs will be shown to illustrate the difference between vintage and modern switches. I don't think vintage MX Blacks merit their own page.
makes sense, I'm just interested because they make for great comparisons to each other. Thanks for the heads up.

ohaimark
Kingpin

07 Dec 2016, 06:55

If you know how to edit wikis and want to get involved, I'd be happy to talk with HaaTa about getting you in on the process.

Right now we're thinking about a Google Drive spreadsheet format for change tracking.

Hking0036

07 Dec 2016, 12:55

ohaimark wrote: If you know how to edit wikis and want to get involved, I'd be happy to talk with HaaTa about getting you in on the process.

Right now we're thinking about a Google Drive spreadsheet format for change tracking.
I can't say I've done very much wiki work, but for what it's worth I'd be more than willing to help where possible if you would want. I like to think I'm okay with spreadsheets but I'm sure you guys can put me to shame. :lol:

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”