|Keycap mount||Cherry MX mount|
|Switch mount||Plate mount|
Flaretech is a optoelectronic keyboard switch family from Adomax.
There are no electronics in the switch modules themselves. Instead, surface-mounted infra-red optoelectronic components on the circuit board provide the sensing in conjunction with a prism in the module's transparent slider.
Because the sensing is optical, sensing is fast with debouncing rated at 0.03 ms. It also allows "analogue" reading of key travel, currently at between 2 and 4 mm of key travel.
Flaretech switches support backlighting through a transparent light-guide from a surface-mounted LED on the circuit board into the keycap. The light-guide is almost in the same position as the LED on a Cherry MX switch, only somewhat to the right. That makes them compatible with most keycaps for backlighting made for Cherry MX switches.
Two variants of switch modules with different key feel have been announced:
The switches shipped with the Wooting One do not have different colours to designate switch type: both have black housings and transparent sliders. However, the inner slider in the clicky variant is orange and can be seen through the top of the transparent slider.
In promotional materials at Computex 2015, the switch variants were instead indicated by different colours of the top housing. A "black" and a "brown" switch were also shown.
- The coiled springs can be replaced with springs for Cherry MX.
- Wooting One, shipped to backers on Kickstarter in July 2017.
- Zowie Celeritas II
- Aorus K9, announced at Computex 2017, is supposed to be waterproof.
- Custom PC Review – Computex 2015: Adomax Flaretech Infrared Keyswitches Could Be Keyboard’s Next Big Thing. Retrieved 2016-05-31
- Kickstarter.com – The Analog mechanical keyboard for precise movement in Games by Wooting. Retrieved 2016-05-31
- c|net – The Flaretech Prism Switch is the key to smarter keyboards. Dated 2017-05-30. Retrieved 2017-07-26.