Alps SKBM White
|Family||Alps SKBL/SKBM series|
|Supersedes||Alps SKCM White|
|Sense method||Metal leaf|
|Actuation force||70±25 gf|
|Keycap mount||Alps mount|
|Switch mount||Plate mount|
Alps SKBM White, simplified white Alps, Fukka white Alps, or Fuhua white Alps, is a clicky switch in the Alps SKBL/SKBM series. The redesigned mould numbering differentiates it from the complicated Alps SKCM White switch.
The data sheet claims 70±25 gf actuating force, but this has been measured by enthusiasts to be an average of 65 g.
It has a reputation for being loud.
The springs in the keyboard could reverberate and cause noise when any key is pressed to the bottom hard enough. That sound has been called "ping" or "the chorus of springs".
- Early Matias Tactile Pro (branded)
- Most Matias Tactile Pro 3 keyboards (unbranded)
- Most Matias Tactile One (unconfirmed)
- Ortek MCK-84SX
- Later Filco Zero keyboards
SKBM White switches alongside a green Xiang Min KSB-LE in the Tactile Pro 3
Alps SKCM White (top) compared with SKBM White (bottom)
- SKBMFA, 2010-07-16 (clicky with white slider)
- Matias click — an Alps clone switch based on the SKBM White