Alps SKCC Cream
|Family||Alps SKCC series|
|Sense method||Metal leaf|
|Actuation force||ca. 70 gf|
|Switch mount||Plate mount|
Alps SKCC Cream is a switch in the Alps SKCC series.
The return spring in SKCC Cream (black switchplate) is 10.9 mm long, of 0.22 mm gauge wire, and has 9 active turns. This is virtually identical to the spring in black switchplate Alps SKCC Tall Cream, indicating that they do indeed differ solely in keystem height.
Based on non-scientific keystem-to-keystem testing, SKCC Green appears to be 60 gf, so with the 11:9 free turn ratio of the Cream and Green return springs, the heavier SKCC Cream would be in the region of 70 gf actuation.
- Some late model Dragon Data Dragon 32[Citation needed]
- Some Dragon Data Dragon 64
- Some Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I (1979)
- Some Radio Shack TRS-80 Model III
- Some Texas Instruments TI-99/4A
- Deskthority — Keyboard mystery: Alps 12KC018A for TRS-80 Model III