Alps SKCM Brown
|This article requires additional photographic illustration — full photo sets of both versions|
|Family||Alps SKCL/SKCM series|
|Precedes||Alps SKCM Green|
|Sense method||Metal leaf|
|Keycap mount||Alps mount|
|Switch mount||Plate mount|
Alps SKCM Brown, or tactile brown Alps, is a tactile switch in the complicated Alps SKCL/SKCM series.
Tactile brown Alps is the original tactile switch in the SKCM series. Tactility was introduced by placing a second, modified switchplate actuator leaf onto a dummy block on the opposite side of the switch. This arrangement has been reported to have a superior feel to the later design.[Citation needed] Tactile brown Alps has also been found with standard tactile leaves.
The feel of tactile brown Alps has been reported to be similar to the officially documented force curve of Alps SKCM Green switches, which have a tactile leaf of a shape quite close to that of tactile brown Alps. It is possible therefore that tactile green is the successor to tactile brown.
Linear brown switches also exist; these can (typically?) be identified by an LED cutout in the upper shell.
Early SKCM Brown switches with a modified actuator leaf for tactile feel.
- IBM PC Convertible
- Yamaha KB-1000
- Texas Instruments 2228995-0002
- Some Magnavox VideoWriter keyboards
- Most Xerox 6085 Keyboards
- KBDMania — 알프스 스위치 분해와 결합, 윤활 방법입니다. (Korean only) Dated 2008-09-08. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Geekhack — Tactile Green Alps? Dated 2014-07-22. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Deskthority — The Mrinterface Switch Sample Bag (p. 8)
- Reddit — Does anyone know what this switch is called? Dated 2016-02-23. Retrieved 2016-07-31.