|Features||Programmable, 125/126 keys, n-key rollover.|
|Interface||AT and PS/2 / XT (not HD* boards)|
|Years of production||1990s|
The Cherry G80-2100 is a programmable keyboard and connects to machines using the AT and the PS/2 protocol and the XT protocol. The newer HD* boards don't have the AT / XT dip switch and feature the AT / PS2 protocol only.
This keyboard is programmable and has got full n-key rollover. It is possible to use it with both the AT and PS/2 protocol. All boards feature a dip switch at the bottom which enables or disables the programmability. Recorded macros are saved onto the 2-Kbyte internal storage which is powered by a battery.
The black legends are mostly double-shot, while the Cherry key and LED-window keys are pad-printed and clear-coated. HC* and HD* boards feature 3 Cherry MX Super Black switches to avoid unintended key presses. These are positioned below the Cherry key, the Layer key and the Print Screen Key. The earlier boards with the programmability caps in the function row feature only one Cherry MX Super Black switch on the print screen position.
Programming goes via the Cherry key. With the Layer key, it is possible to switch between 10 layers which can be programmed independently. An earlier version of this keyboard had these keys in a less prominent but more suitable place: In the function rows.
G80-2100 HAO Prototype board
G80-2100 HB* generation
G80-2100 HD* generation
G80-2100 HDF: Caps lock
- G80-2100 HAO (Swedish layout, prototype board)
- G80-2100 HBD (German layout, first generation G80-2100, with the programming key ("Cherry key") included in the programmable key cluster)
- G80-2100 HCD (German layout, black switches, second generation G80-2100 with AT/XT switch)
- G80-2100 HCF (French layout, black switches, second generation G80-2100 with AT/XT switch)
- G80-2100 HCU (US-English layout, black switches, second generation G80-2100 with AT/XT switch)
- G80-2100 HDD (German layout, black switches, third generation G80-2100 without AT/XT switch, only AT supported)
- G80-2100 HDF (French layout, black switches)
- G80-2100 HDU (US layout with big-ass enter, black switches)
How to disassemble
For disassembling, see How to open Cherry G80-2100/25xx keyboards.
- Deskthority – 1980s cherry unicorn (prototype) find