Clare/Pendar high profile reed
|This article requires photographic illustration|
|Manufacturer||Clare Belgium, Pendar (France), CEDI, ESM|
|Switch type||Linear; momentary, alternate action; illuminated; SPST, DPST|
1M (alternate action)
|Bounce time||500 µs|
0.8 mm (SF, SI, SH)|
2.1 mm (SG, SK)
5 mm (SF, SI, SH)|
5.5 mm (SG, SK)
|Keycap mount||Clare-Pendar mount|
|Switch mount||Plate mount|
The momentary types are cited as having 1.9 mm pretravel, 0.8 mm overtravel and a 1.0 mm release point. (For the alternate action types, these figures are 2.1 mm, 1.5 mm and 1.2 mm respectively.) This would suggest that the switches have hysteresis. The 2.3 mm discrepancy between the pretravel and overtravel regions is likely the switching region, in which the resistance is inversely proportional to travel.
The series was discontinued in 2012 or earlier; the exact year is not known for certain, but it is likely to be between 2008 and 2012.
The product range was divided into five sub-series:
- Momentary (the only version to support DPST)
- Alternate action
- Momentary illuminated
- As SI, but without the lamp terminals: it allows illuminated keycaps to be used with a non-illuminated switch
- Alternate action illuminated
These families were branded either Clare/C. P. Clare (with some marked as being made in Belgium), or Pendar (made in France, as shown on the ESM website). No explanation exists for why both companies were making the parts separately.
UK distributor Visualux report that the high profile series went out of production in 2012; whether this also applies to S820 series is not known.
Part numbers follow the format:
- Switch sub-series; F = momentary, G = alternate action, I = momentary illuminated, H = momentary for illuminated keytop, K = alternate action illuminated, IX = unknown
- Terminals and keystem
- 1 = Sloped (upright keystem); 5 mm terminals
- 3 = Stepped (angled keystem); 5 mm terminals
- 5 = Sloped; 3.5 mm terminals
- 6 = Stepped; 3.5 mm terminals
- Primary contacts; 0 = No contacts, 1 = form A (SPST NO), 5 = form A with diode
- Secondary contacts (DPST, SF series only); 0 = No contacts, 1 = form A (SPST NO), 5 = form A with diode, L = unknown
- Operating force (weight); 0 = Fixed slider, 1 = 50 gf, 2 = 80 gf, 3 = 130 gf, 4 = 200 gf, 5 = extra heavy
None found to date.