Comptec International was a plastic injection manufacturer headquartered in Canada. In the keyboard community, it is the US arm—Comptec Incorporated in Custer, Washington, USA—that is the best known; Comptec Inc was bought out by management in 2001 to become Signature Plastics.
Comptec International in Canada closed down in July 2003.
- Le groupe COMPTEC est réparti en 2 sites de production :
- SIGNATURE PLASTICS LLC (État de Washington - USA)
- COMPTEC S.A. (Montauban - France)
Comptec in its day was a very successful keycap manufacturer, producing double-shot keycaps for a huge range of equipment around the world. One of the best-known customers was Wyse. Another major customer was Wong's.
WYSE ASCII keycaps from Comptec
Comptec keycaps for the Acorn BBC Microcomputer, along with the associated switches
- Signature Plastics — About Us
- Northwest Business Monthly (May 2006) — Custer company delivers satisfaction worldwide
- Canadian Plastics — Comptec Closes Doors
- Verif.com — Société COMPTEC SA à MONTAUBAN (Chiffre d'affaires, bilans, résultat) avec Verif.com - Siren 702014960
- Comptec SA — Présentation et Organisation de COMPTEC S.A.
- Correspondence with Signature Plastics, 2015-10-02