Ducky Shine 3
DK9008S3 (full size),|
|Manufacturer||Ducky, possibly Costar|
|Product family||Ducky Shine|
dual layer PCB
7 backlight modes
|Switch mount||Plate mount|
442 x 140 x 41.5 mm (full size),|
360 x 140 x 41.5 mm (TKL)
1.4kg (full size),|
|Precedes||Ducky Shine 4|
|Supersedes||Ducky Shine 2|
|Price||~ $160 (new)|
|Website||www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/Shine 3 DK9008.html|
The Ducky Shine 3 was launched in mid-2013 as a replacement of the Ducky Shine 2. It features a choice of blue, brown, black and red Cherry MX switches as basic options and even more depending on layout and retailer.
For the Ducky Shine 3, Ducky used the "extended" naming scheme from the Shine 2 from the get go.
Please note that not all combinations of layouts and colours were available.
- A = switch type (A = Cherry MX Black, B = Cherry MX Brown, C = Cherry MX Blue, G = Cherry MX Green, Q = Cherry MX White, R = Cherry MX Red, W = Cherry MX Clear)
- BB = layout, eg. "US", "UK", etc.
- C = keycap colour (A = Black, W = White)
- D = case colour (A = Black, W = White)
- E = backlight colour (B = Blue, G = Green, P = Purple, R = Red, T = Orange, W = White)
- A Yellow Edition xUSPTYYY1 with yellow case, keycaps and backlight was available both for the full size and the TKL form factors. This edition used keycaps made of PBT and a choice of black, brown, blue, red, clear or white Cherry MX switches. Price was slightly higher than that of the stock version. A Blank Yellow Edition with blank keycaps (xUSPUYYY1) was also available.
- A Gold Edition xUSALAJW1 featuring a golden case was available for the full size form factor. This edition was available with a choice of black, brown, blue, red and green Cherry MX switches. Besides the premium price (around $240), it was also heavier than usual at 4.0 lbs.
- The Year Of The Snake edition featured a brushed aluminium upper body with a special engraving next to the arrow keys and an alternate design for the space bar.
- The Premier CCnG (Cream Cheese and Green) DK9008P edition is a full-size Shine 3 without LED backlighting (included only indicator LEDs) and came with a thick PBT dye-sub keycap set.
DIP switch functions
|DIP 1|| Left
|DIP 4|| DEMO mode
(no keycodes sent)
- Ducky Channel video — The making of Year of the Ducky Shine 3 Snake and tuhaojin Dated 2013-12-26. Retrieved 2015-07-28.