|Tactile force||34 cN, 44 cN, 54 cN|
|Total travel||3.8 mm|
Fujitsu Libertouch is a tactile spring-over-membrane switch.
Fujitsu Libertouch switches use buckling rubber sleeves for tactility. The stock sleeves in the Fujitsu FKB8540 are rated for a 44 cN tactile force, and the keyboard shipped with 15 additional sleeves each of 34 and 54 cN, for user customisation, along with a keycap puller; the details of the replacement domes are given in the press release.
The press release appears to indicate that one of the design goals was to provide pretravel, with force curves showing the Libertouch actuation point occurring higher than it would in a normal rubber dome over membrane switch.
- Fujitsu FKB8540-001/W (White, 103-key US layout)
- Fujitsu FKB8540-101/B (Black, 103-key US layout)
- Fujitsu FKB8540-051/W (White, 108-key JP layout)
- Fujitsu FKB8540-052/B (Black, 108-key JP layout)
- Fujitsu — キー感触にこだわったキーボードFKB8540シリーズの販売を開始製品名：リベルタッチ（Libertouch） (press release, Japanese only). Dated 2007-06-19. Retrieved 2015-07-25.
- Imgur — Fujitsu Libertouch Dated 2012-08-07. Retrieved 2015-07-25.