Futaba linear lock
|This article requires additional photographic illustration|
|Family||Futaba linear switch|
|Switch type||Latching lock|
|Sense method||Metal leaf|
|Switch mount||Plate mount|
Futaba linear lock is a provisional name for a latching action switch in Futaba's range of linear switches. The switch is a variant of the Futaba complicated linear and appears to share the same moulds.
In all examples discovered so far, the switch shell is black, with a very dark grey slider.
The extra recess above the slider, which is redundant in the complicated linear, holds a slot-in block that bears the latch track. The single-piece slider holds a follower arm that runs inside this latch track. It's not clear whether the slider contains a rubber damper; if not, the switch overall will have one fewer part than the complicated linear, for a total of 15 parts.
- Commodore 8032-SK (in a keyboard module manufactured by Mitsumi)
- TeleVideo Model 925 CRT Terminal keyboard (Alpha Lock key)
- TeleVideo TS-800A satellite station keyboard (Alpha Lock key)
- TeleVideo TS-802 workstation keyboard (Alpha Lock key)
- TeleVideo TS-825 keyboard (unknown product) (Alpha Lock key)