Kailh Silent Box
|Switch type||linear; tactile|
|Sense method||Metal contact|
|Rated lifetime||80 M (2020)|
|Keycap mount||Cherry MX mount|
|Switch mount||Plate mount|
Kailh Silent Box switches (Kailh CPG1511F) are sound-damped variations of the Kailh BOX switches. They can be identified by having a cylindrical shroud around the cruciform mount on the slider, unlike an undamped Box switch that has a rectangular shroud.
The metal contacts inside the switch are encased in a box, which is wherefrom the box switches have got their name. The box is there to prevent dirt and dust from interfering with switch operation. Kailh claims that the switch has a IP56 protection rating.
Unlike true Cherry MX clones, there is only one ramping surface. Because this is in a corner of the slider, they tend to sit slightly twisted, but not enough to impede operation or smoothness.
The slider has rubber bumpers that provide sound-damping when bottoming out and rebounding up.
The tactile Brown switches have been described by several reviewers as having tactile bump early in the key travel with a prominence somewhere in-between that of the Aliaz (boutique version of Gateron Silent Brown) and Zilents V2.
|Picture||Name||Code||Slider colour||Key feel||Actuation Force||Tactile Force||Bottom Out Force|
|Silent Red Box||PG1511F01S37||Pink||Linear||35±10gf|
|Silent Brown Box||PG1511F01S38||Brown||Tactile||45±15gf||65±10gf|
- Available as a customisation option for Varmilo
- Kailh on AliExpress
- Kailh BOX — which does not have damping
- Deskthority—[New Product] Kailh Silent Box Switch. Posted by kailh01 on 2020-04-02
- Reddit r/MechanicalKeyboards—Kailh BOX Silent Browns - First Impressions Started by phyLoGG on 2020-05-27
- Geekhack—Kailh BOX Silent Browns - First Impressions / Review, also started by PHYLO, but on 2020-05-28.