Oak Full-Travel Membrane
|This article requires photographic illustration|
|Switch type||Progressive rate|
Oak Full-Travel Membrane (also written FTM on the label on the keyboard) is a progressive rate spring-over-membrane switch.
These have a typical cross mount on the slider's flat top. A spring at the bottom of the slider applies pressure to the membrane, and this in addition to the return spring gives it its progressive rate feel.
This appears to be the more common version. The slider is octagonal on top, and it does not appear to make direct contact with the membrane. Full disassembly has yet to be confirmed and it is not clear how the switch works. Black and white sliders exist.
- Osborne 1 (cross mount)
- Sun Type 3 (flat top)
- Some IBM Industrial XT
- GE Fanuc WorkMaster I (flat top)
- Deskthority — Osborne 1: Oak Switch Systems Full Travel Membrane Keyboard!
- Deskthority — Oak FTM Switch Dissection
- ちゃたりたいね — Sun Type 3 OAKスプリング (Japanese) Dated 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- Deskthority — IBM Industrial Complex
- Radwell Industry — [http:/https://www.radwell.com/Buy/FANUC/GE%20FANUC/IC640MWS901/]