This article is a stub. You can help Deskthority by expanding it.
The Matias switch is a type of switch by Matias Corporation, primarily for its own keyboards. Matias corp. plans to also sell its switches to other companies , and also to keyboard enthusiasts. .
Up until 2012, Matias Corporation used the "Fukka" switch in its Tactile Pro keyboards. Since Forward Electronics (Fuhua) announced that it would discontinue production the Fukka switch in early 2012, Matias decided to develop its own clone of the Alps CM A Matias corp. representative claims also that they have eliminated ping which used to plague the Fukka. .
Like other switches, the switches are differentiated by the colour of its slider.
The "Matias White" (official name) is a clone of the clicky Alps CM with White slider.
It was intended as a direct replacement of the white "Fukka" (Fuhua) switch.
The "Matias Orange" (official name) is a clone of the tactile Alps CM with a Cream-coloured slider.
The slider does supposedly have two rubber bumpers that cushions both the down-stroke and the up-stroke. This should remove "clack" noise on bottoming out, as well as noise when a key is released, thus making keyboards with this switch it more silent than even most rubber dome keyboards.
Matias first intended to make the switch with a cream-coloured slider, but had to change colour because the pigment used in test batches interfered with the plastic's properties.
- Matias press release. 2012-09-20, posted by a Matias representative in Deskthority thread Product news: Matias Quiet Pro Keyboard with sound-dampened ALPS switches
- Deskthority forum thread New ALPs switch coming from Edgar Matias
- Geekhack, Matias vendor forum, forum thread New switches from Matias -- 2 years in the making
- Geekhack, forum thread Another quiet mechanical keyboard thread
- Matias Quiet Pro - The first keyboard model with this switch.