ANSI & ISO GON JD40 styled plate/case (MOSTLY SHIPPED)

Spaceman1200

06 Nov 2015, 16:26

Hate to be that person but, Any updates?

wafflepc

09 Nov 2015, 16:13

Spaceman1200 wrote:Hate to be that person but, Any updates?
Yes! Shipping to me in 8 days! Sorry for the long wait. Ill make a separate post about that later or tommorow.

Cucumberino

09 Nov 2015, 16:31

wafflepc wrote:
Yes! Shipping to me in 8 days! Sorry for the long wait. Ill make a separate post about that later or tommorow.
Wow that'll be a long time T.T Got the rest of the parts waiting :(

wafflepc

09 Nov 2015, 16:34

Cucumberino wrote:
wafflepc wrote:
Wow that'll be a long time T.T Got the rest of the parts waiting :(
Yeah, really sorry.

Spaceman1200

09 Nov 2015, 17:47

wafflepc wrote:
No worries! Thanks for the update

braidn

09 Nov 2015, 19:58

I know we have talked about Phantoms and Gon's but will this case fit a Winkeyless b87 PCB?

Parod

09 Nov 2015, 22:53

braidn wrote: I know we have talked about Phantoms and Gon's but will this case fit a Winkeyless b87 PCB?
I sure hope it does; mine's already here!

wafflepc

11 Nov 2015, 01:00

Parod wrote:
braidn wrote: I know we have talked about Phantoms and Gon's but will this case fit a Winkeyless b87 PCB?
I sure hope it does; mine's already here!
Probably? i dont really know.

keysmasher

16 Nov 2015, 03:53

Ok, first off thank you to wafflepc for getting me the cad file for the plate so we can get midsections made. Please let me know if I should create another thread for this. It may start to get too convoluted as one. Attached is a prelimanry drawing. I could use some feedback please as to thickness and dimensions around the usb port. Note regarding the usb port location: I based it off my GON PCB, the universal case version. It is centered between the PRINT SCREEN & SCROLL LOCK switches. Looking for help in making sure I have enough clearance from the switches too.
Attachments
ANSI-Model.jpg
ANSI-Model.jpg (256.11 KiB) Viewed 5550 times
ANSI-Model.pdf
(8.47 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

Cucumberino

16 Nov 2015, 08:52

keysmasher wrote: Ok, first off thank you to wafflepc for getting me the cad file for the plate so we can get midsections made. Please let me know if I should create another thread for this. It may start to get too convoluted as one. Attached is a prelimanry drawing. I could use some feedback please as to thickness and dimensions around the usb port. Note regarding the usb port location: I based it off my GON PCB, the universal case version. It is centered between the PRINT SCREEN & SCROLL LOCK switches. Looking for help in making sure I have enough clearance from the switches too.
So this wouldn't be compatible with GON PCBs with the USB port on the bottom? Is the one I ordered and it seemed to fit better the original case from this post :(

samhwang

16 Nov 2015, 14:09

wafflepc wrote:
Currently day 7 on my side of the globe

wafflepc

16 Nov 2015, 14:35

Shipping tommorow!

wafflepc

16 Nov 2015, 15:22

wafflepc wrote:Shipping tommorow!
Shippibg to me tommorow* please contact me if you have any concerns or special needs for shipping, even if you have already told me about it.

keysmasher

16 Nov 2015, 15:33

Cucumberino wrote:
keysmasher wrote: Ok, first off thank you to wafflepc for getting me the cad file for the plate so we can get midsections made. Please let me know if I should create another thread for this. It may start to get too convoluted as one. Attached is a prelimanry drawing. I could use some feedback please as to thickness and dimensions around the usb port. Note regarding the usb port location: I based it off my GON PCB, the universal case version. It is centered between the PRINT SCREEN & SCROLL LOCK switches. Looking for help in making sure I have enough clearance from the switches too.
So this wouldn't be compatible with GON PCBs with the USB port on the bottom? Is the one I ordered and it seemed to fit better the original case from this post :(
I'm not sure where the usb port is located on yours. When you get it, take some measurements and pics.

Cucumberino

16 Nov 2015, 17:00

keysmasher wrote:
Cucumberino wrote:
I'm not sure where the usb port is located on yours. When you get it, take some measurements and pics.
Sure. It has been on Madrid (where I live) for a few days in customs... Hope it doesn't take long and I don't get charged for customs/fees

wafflepc

17 Nov 2015, 05:34

Cucumberino wrote:
keysmasher wrote:
Cucumberino wrote: So this wouldn't be compatible with GON PCBs with the USB port on the bottom? Is the one I ordered and it seemed to fit better the original case from this post :(
Sure. It has been on Madrid (where I live) for a few days in customs... Hope it doesn't take long and I don't get charged for customs/fees
Well, this is just an idea, you could make multiple holes for usb ports, which could make some pretty cool in-case cable management options, or space for bluetooth converters to be routed to. Just an idea. The more holes in the case the more options to have the cable come out one side, right? and if you dont do that, there should be enough room to get a male micro to a female 2.0 USB cable thats short and just route it to the whole. I dont know much about GON though, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Theanyday

17 Nov 2015, 06:57

wafflepc wrote:
Shippibg to me tommorow* please contact me if you have any concerns or special needs for shipping, even if you have already told me about it.
Waffle, I'm in the middle of a move so depending on when you actually ship them I might have a different address for you but it literally depends on what day you ship. I'm on the west coast so I'm guessing it should only take a week at the most to get to me.

wafflepc

17 Nov 2015, 13:57

Theanyday wrote:
wafflepc wrote:
Waffle, I'm in the middle of a move so depending on when you actually ship them I might have a different address for you but it literally depends on what day you ship. I'm on the west coast so I'm guessing it should only take a week at the most to get to me.
Ok!

Cucumberino

18 Nov 2015, 17:18

The GON PCB with the connector at the bottom looks like this, so it doesn't look like the connector is at the same spot.

keysmasher

18 Nov 2015, 19:48

wafflepc wrote:
Cucumberino wrote:
keysmasher wrote: I'm not sure where the usb port is located on yours. When you get it, take some measurements and pics.
Well, this is just an idea, you could make multiple holes for usb ports, which could make some pretty cool in-case cable management options, or space for bluetooth converters to be routed to. Just an idea. The more holes in the case the more options to have the cable come out one side, right? and if you dont do that, there should be enough room to get a male micro to a female 2.0 USB cable thats short and just route it to the whole. I dont know much about GON though, so take all this with a grain of salt.
I could. I would need dimensions of where the holes should go. Does the phantom have a plug on the end? Or is it a cable?

chzel

18 Nov 2015, 19:50

Phantom has a cable, it plugs right into the Teensy that is soldered on board.

keysmasher

18 Nov 2015, 19:58

Looks like your Gon pcb has its usb plug in a different spot. Could you measure center of the big hole to center of the usb connector?

Cucumberino

18 Nov 2015, 21:14

keysmasher wrote: Looks like your Gon pcb has its usb plug in a different spot. Could you measure center of the big hole to center of the usb connector?
Don't really understand what do you mean :( But if it's about sizing should be the same, just centered between F12 and Print Screen instead of between PrintSC and Scroll Lock

wafflepc

19 Nov 2015, 02:47

keysmasher wrote:
wafflepc wrote:
Cucumberino wrote: Sure. It has been on Madrid (where I live) for a few days in customs... Hope it doesn't take long and I don't get charged for customs/fees
I could. I would need dimensions of where the holes should go. Does the phantom have a plug on the end? Or is it a cable?
Phantom uses the teensy.

keysmasher

19 Nov 2015, 04:10

Cucumberino wrote:
keysmasher wrote: Looks like your Gon pcb has its usb plug in a different spot. Could you measure center of the big hole to center of the usb connector?
Don't really understand what do you mean :( But if it's about sizing should be the same, just centered between F12 and Print Screen instead of between PrintSC and Scroll Lock
Ahh. Ok. I will come up with something for yours.

heroinbob

21 Nov 2015, 19:15

Whats the status of shipping?

LeandreN

21 Nov 2015, 23:46

Hey people. They have shipped, and are currently... (checking AfterShip app)... "Shipment transiting from 【Shanghai Pudong Distribution Center】". It is not the fastest shipping, since it already costs a fortune to ship. It will take some time to ship.

50-53kg of plates. Yeah, im not kidding.

Here is a shitty picture of an ISO plate.

Let me know if there are any questions.

heroinbob

22 Nov 2015, 00:45

Yeah, I figured they were coming from china. FOR THE WIN!!!!

LeandreN

22 Nov 2015, 12:49

Well i have these. I think i paid 8$ for each of them.

4$ letter - untracked - ~1,5 weeks to the US

Let me know if you need a set!

Last edited by LeandreN on 26 Nov 2015, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

Cucumberino

22 Nov 2015, 13:32

LeandreN wrote: Hey people. They have shipped, and are currently... (checking AfterShip app)... "Shipment transiting from 【Shanghai Pudong Distribution Center】". It is not the fastest shipping, since it already costs a fortune to ship. It will take some time to ship.

50-53kg of plates. Yeah, im not kidding.

Here is a shitty picture of an ISO plate.

Let me know if there are any questions.
Damn they look good (and heavy). So hyped but at the same time tired of waiting :c

Return to “Group buys”