Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 12:21

facetsesame wrote: If you add a NO key, make sure it's available in RAS.
Which row, 1?

Related: gah!!

7bit

03 Oct 2014, 12:45

Available in all modfun colors!

Also available:
:o

The keys that say legend n are placeholders. Just let me know the legend you want and which number it should replace.
:-)

Theoretically, I could do the following:

- Let you send a legendnumber:legend pair to 7bot.
- Generate the new updated graphic.
- Email it to you.
- And let you upload it to the wiki!

ps:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/R5_leftovers
http://deskthority.net/wiki/R5a

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 12:56

Legend suggestion: SHIP NOW

ماء

03 Oct 2014, 13:02

nice purple set

7bit

03 Oct 2014, 13:04

Which row?
:?

ماء

03 Oct 2014, 13:20

I just like the color :lol:

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 13:31

He means this:
Muirium wrote: Legend suggestion: SHIP NOW
I like everything (novelty) on row 1. Anyone else?

ماء

03 Oct 2014, 13:36

miss comunicate though i've see the time :|
but nice :P

7bit

03 Oct 2014, 13:58

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

:o :cry: :shock: :ugeek: :roll: :-) :? <---- reactions from the DT members, looking at all those kits.

spuit

03 Oct 2014, 14:13

What happens when a kit does not reach MOQ?

For example I order HONEYB/TKL/SPH and HONEYB/ISO/BLUE and the ISO keys do no reach MOQ.
This pretty much makes the rest of the order useless.

Data

03 Oct 2014, 16:04

So... many... kits...

Memoren

03 Oct 2014, 16:15

all those kits! i need to find some money

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 16:38

spuit wrote: What happens when a kit does not reach MOQ?

For example I order HONEYB/TKL/SPH and HONEYB/ISO/BLUE and the ISO keys do no reach MOQ.
This pretty much makes the rest of the order useless.
Yup. This is always the problem with ordering before MOQ is reached. A whole chain of uncertainty.

7bit

03 Oct 2014, 16:45

My plan is to order what reaches acceptable amounts in Round 5a and leave the others for Round 5b.
My plan is to order what reaches acceptable amounts in Round 5b and leave the others for Round 5c.
My plan is to order what reaches acceptable amounts in Round 5c and leave the others for Round 5d.

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 16:49

Maybe I should dial things back and just get a few SPH spacebars…

lefthandedspatula

03 Oct 2014, 16:55

7bit wrote: My plan is to order what reaches acceptable amounts in Round 5a and leave the others for Round 5b.
My plan is to order what reaches acceptable amounts in Round 5b and leave the others for Round 5c.
My plan is to order what reaches acceptable amounts in Round 5c and leave the others for Round 5d.
please no.....my wallet can't take any more of this D:

03 Oct 2014, 17:03

I'm new here and I'd like to order a set but I have a few questions.

1) I see that this is Round 5a. Where can I see pictures of the previous rounds that were run? Rounds 1-4?
2) I'm very interested in purchasing a set. But why are the prices so expensive? Is it because the amount needed for production is set to 25? If more than 25 are ordered, will we receive additional price drops?
3) We order through a PM to a bot?
4) How do we see how many of a certain kit is ordered?
5) Would it be possible to create a completely blank set but use the same profile you're offering?
6) Why not run this through PMK so it can get the exposure it deserves (and I'm sure more will be willing to purchase)?

7bit

03 Oct 2014, 17:19

01111000 wrote: I'm new here and I'd like to order a set but I have a few questions.

1) I see that this is Round 5a. Where can I see pictures of the previous rounds that were run? Rounds 1-4?
2) I'm very interested in purchasing a set. But why are the prices so expensive? Is it because the amount needed for production is set to 25? If more than 25 are ordered, will we receive additional price drops?
5) Would it be possible to create a completely blank set but use the same profile you're offering?
6) Why not run this through PMK so it can get the exposure it deserves (and I'm sure more will be willing to purchase)?
In the Wiki!

R1: had been run by WhiteRice over at GeekHack. But the rootworm ate all the pictures.
R2: a pondering panda took over from someone else (had forgotten who) and it never made it.
R3: Look for Round 3 in the wiki. You only find Round 3-style as part of Round 4, but also some photos of Round 3 keys.
R4: Just type R4 and follow those many links.
R5: Just type R5 (still in production, no photos yet)
R5a: Just type R5a (still not even ordered, no photos yet)

2: Prices will get down, as more orders come in.
3: Yes, pm 7bot.
4: I will add that information to the spam you get from time to time, and also post it here.
5: Blanks are currently only for ErgoDox keyboards.
6: PMK??? :lol:
Mrs. Signature Plastics would kill me if I'd even think of it!

Iacoizumi

03 Oct 2014, 17:27

01111000 wrote: I'm new here and I'd like to order a set but I have a few questions.

Seeing how 7bit handled number 1, I'll try and tackle some of your other questions.

2) The current prices represent the maximum prices of the kits assuming we just barely order enough of each to hit the kits respective MOQs (minimum order quantity). The more people that buy, the cheaper the kits get!
3) Yep. The wiki will tell you how. It is a particularly lazy bot though, and likes to spend most of the day snoozing, so don't be surprised if it doesn't respond to you immediately!
4) Wait until 7bit tells us! :P
5) Grabbing some of those HONEYB/ERGOALPHA/COLOR kits, plus a few blank modifiers would get you a totally blank set.
6) What, and adhere to a deadline? :lol:

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 17:33

PMK is a nice idea but its sky high initial prices scare people too much and the deadline comes too quickly.

7bit's GB system is a nice idea, but its game theory-like complexity scares people too much and the deadline comes too quickly you forget how many times it already rolled over quite soon.

There's got to be a better way!

03 Oct 2014, 17:39

Alright, looks like I'm going to order: [HONEYB/TKL] (TKL grey/white kit | $129)

One last question (hopefully). Are we invoiced at the end when it's determined if the set makes production?

Thanks for all the support guys.

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 17:43

No, we're invoiced up front. As if things would be so simple! The key to every 7bit group buy is uncertainty…

Iacoizumi

03 Oct 2014, 17:50

Muirium wrote: No, we're invoiced up front. As if things would be so simple! The key to every 7bit group buy is uncertainty…
;) Hey now, the uncertainty is part of the charm!

:lol: And you know, Mr. binary 120 over there asked for some pictures from previous rounds... a little surprised we haven't seen a picture of your round 4 keycaps yet!

Flintfish

03 Oct 2014, 17:54

Muirium wrote: No, we're invoiced up front. As if things would be so simple! The key to every 7bit group buy is uncertainty…
And perhaps a bit of patience. You should be prepared to wait a rather long while but most of the stuff will most likely be produced in the end.

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 17:56

Iacoizumi wrote: :lol: And you know, Mr. binary 120 over there asked for some pictures from previous rounds... a little surprised we haven't seen a picture of your round 4 keycaps yet!
<Whistles…>

Iacoizumi

03 Oct 2014, 18:09

Muirium wrote:
Iacoizumi wrote: :lol: And you know, Mr. binary 120 over there asked for some pictures from previous rounds... a little surprised we haven't seen a picture of your round 4 keycaps yet!
<Whistles…>
:roll: We should add a new category to this year's DT awards: User most responsible for advertising Round 5.

:) I swear those pictures have sold more people on these spherical caps than even this 25% off sale!

03 Oct 2014, 19:09

Iacoizumi wrote:
Muirium wrote:
<Whistles…>
:roll: We should add a new category to this year's DT awards: User most responsible for advertising Round 5.

:) I swear those pictures have sold more people on these spherical caps than even this 25% off sale!
Those images are what sold me on Pulse. So yeah, it's advertising SA as a whole.

beltet

03 Oct 2014, 19:22

I believe that aswell, Muirium maybe gets secret paychecks from 7bit? As his marketing agency. ;)

Kalcifer

03 Oct 2014, 19:25

ROUND5A HONEYB/TKL/SPH is basically a reproduction of ROUND4 SPH? :o

This is madness. Shut up and take my money now.

03 Oct 2014, 19:36

Payment sent via Google Wallet.

Now for the waiting game.

Return to “Group buys”