WASD Keyboards Group Buy Order Form [US COMPLETE, EU DELIVERED]

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2015, 00:54

I suppose that's one way of looking at it! I would say some vendors to mark up their prices more because of the name. Some are just more expensive because of where they come from...

I would say the Filco and the CODE are very similar. CODE is slightly heavier, has the optional backlight and has an MX clear option!

citronbleuv

10 Jul 2015, 01:05

For me if I buy this keyboard this price. I am as an Apple customer ^^. But I love the keyboard so I can do that, I can creak (I considers that the price is high). My favorite for the moment is the logitech illuminated keyboard, no mechanical (buy for the design, but broken lol). The default of mechanical is also the height of keyboard. On my desk is not top for my position (test with my actuel keyboard). I should also buy a Soft Foam Wrist Pad for example I think.

I search a keyboard TKL and ANSI. There are no very large choose in EU. And this CODE will be perfect for me I think.

130 - 150€ in total will be more just for this keyboard I think (but it's not possible now in EU).

pcaro

10 Jul 2015, 01:07

pizza_is_a_lie wrote:
Have you look at the WASD V2?
Onother one. For me, the same keyboard. Same specs than my keycool with highter prices, import taxes, etc.

I need another keyboard (the keycool travel to the office and the new is for home). I wish a good one, and for now, I think will be the Novatouch only because with the rest I think I am always paying extra money. I am thinking in the Fico too but not for the keyboard itself, due to the possibility of changing the controller and wearing several layers...

citronbleuv

10 Jul 2015, 01:08

pizza_is_a_lie do you don't always sleep :) ? I don't work me today.

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2015, 01:23

Yeah. I really thought I would be able to get the price a whole lot cheaper. But, it didn't work out with the original courier. Remember - the more European interest we get, the cheaper it will be!

There's still a good saving to make. It's just whether you think it's worth it. pcaro, if you go with the Novatouch then that's fair enough! I hear good things about it. Though, you're always welcome to join this group buy!

citronbleuv... I have work tomorrow, yes! So, I need to go to sleep NOW! :P See you all tomorrow!

Muirium
µ

10 Jul 2015, 01:50

The Code is a solid board. I wouldn't consider it quite premium (I'm not much into MX switches, I much prefer IBM and Topre) but if you insist on backlighting, it's one of the best with that. The caps are meant to be okay, not great. You can replace them easily enough, but backlighting really limits your choices. The best caps available are opaque.

The Novatouch is an interesting board. Personally, I'd go with that instead of a Code, if they're the same price. It feels nicer than an MX board. Not quite as good as a Topre Realforce, but most of the way there. Plus it also takes all the MX mount caps I throw at it. Which is fortunate, because the stock caps suck!

Review here:
http://deskthority.net/review-f45/a-tal ... t8968.html

Loads of pictures with very fancy caps here:
http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/round ... 10938.html

So: Code for backlighting and if you favour MX clear. It's at least as good as a Filco. Nicely built. Less ping! But still MX of course.

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2015, 18:35

Thank you for the review, man! Yep, definitely depends on whether the board fits your needs.

SL89

10 Jul 2015, 21:01

Or MX Green, or now MX Brown Muirium! Same OEM as a filco.

Muirium
µ

10 Jul 2015, 21:10

Well, you can be wrong if you want to.

As for the OEM issue: are Codes as pingy as Majestouch IIs? Those boards can really sing.

http://deskthority.net/post151978.html#p151978
http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/key ... t9343.html

maxmalkav
dye hard

11 Jul 2015, 01:37

I wanted a KUL with MX Clears, but the only source in Europe seems to have it out of stock (http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.nl, in the Netherlands) and now I see this GB ..

Does the WASD v2 match the quality of the KUL? I have been checking reviews and it seems the KUL is sturdier. Currently I use a couple of CM QuickFire Rapid and I consider their quality quite ok, just to let you know which one is my current standard about decent keyboards.

Can anyone convince me to get the WASD v2, please? ;-)

SL89

11 Jul 2015, 01:51

Regarding ping, its more noticeable on the clear (and I'm assuming brown) boards. And people have made note of it, I think they are somewhat pedantic about it and am calling McRip effect on it.

Regarding quality, they are as sturdy as KUL from what I've seen, possibly the same OEM as well. I have a green and clear board, and both have been rock solid.

Get the WASD if you don't want backlights (get the barebones if you dont want backlights AND have your own caps) or get the CODE if you must have backlights.

pizza_is_a_lie

11 Jul 2015, 02:26

All I can say is that this group buy makes the WASD keyboards a feasible option when selecting a board. They each have their pros and cons. From a quality and durability point of view, I believe WASD excel. Their switch choices are great as well.

maxmalkav
dye hard

11 Jul 2015, 23:34

Ok, I'm in. I will go with the barebone, I'm not into backlight and I really have a bunch of nice thick PBT around here.

Thanks SL89 (again) and pizza_is_a_lie :-)

pizza_is_a_lie

12 Jul 2015, 05:01

I too must commend SL89 through a combination of drunken admiration and appreciation of his input. maxmalkav, thanks for your interest! :D

citronbleuv

13 Jul 2015, 00:24

hello, hoo it's intersting the KBP V80 TKL. But I prefer the CODE. I will buy only if this command it's not possible or too expensive ^^.

pizza_is_a_lie

13 Jul 2015, 19:40

Quick update!

10 orders: 9 within Europe, one from the States. I anticipate to let this run for another 3.5 weeks, too.

Thanks for the support, guys!

pizza_is_a_lie

15 Jul 2015, 12:10

18 days left! Is another 11 European orders possible, guys? Get involved ;)

Apocalippo

17 Jul 2015, 21:24

Hello,

I have a question about this group buy. I´m from the Netherlands, so just about everything coming from wasdkeyboards is expensive as shit to get shipped over here.

Say I want to buy the ANSI Code Keyboard 104 keys MX Brown. That would cost me $150 + $55 shipping (About €180)

On the order form for this group buy, it says 20% discount for EU, but the prices at the field of ANSI Code Keyboard 104 keys MX Brown is $180 for UK/EU and $155 for rest of world? Plus shipping on top? I don't really see how I save money on this.

Edit: I just checked, and shipping is 29 dollars from WASD. So about €165 in total if I do it myself.
Last edited by Apocalippo on 17 Jul 2015, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

17 Jul 2015, 21:42

That's pretty much what I've been saying from the start. Britain's far from the first country in Europe I would choose to import into for a group buy. Our customs here are really hardcore, and subsequent shipping is more expensive too.

A GB is a nice idea, but I don't see much saving going on, this route.
Apocalippo wrote: Edit: I just checked, and shipping is 29 dollars from WASD. So about €165 in total if I do it myself.
Remember your import taxes too! They're 20%. But in Britain, they're 20% + 20% of the total shipping cost + random fees. Then more shipping to get it to you.

pizza_is_a_lie

18 Jul 2015, 01:37

Apocalippo wrote: Edit: I just checked, and shipping is 29 dollars from WASD. So about €165 in total if I do it myself.
To do it through WASD, you're looking at: $150 keyboard plus shipping, like you say. This is actually about €190?

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... 0%E2%82%AC

Plus Dutch VAT (21%?), this totals €228.

In the group buy, tax in to the EU is INCLUDED. There would be no additional tax from the UK to you.

The price of the keyboard in this group buy is €162. Shipping from the UK to you is €23. This totals €185 thus saving €43 :mrgreen:

Any questions, do ask!

chzel

18 Jul 2015, 02:10

Actually $150+29=$179 which, according to google currency converter, is indeed 165€. Assuming he dodges customs, he saves 20€ by importing himself.
If he doesn't, and assuming 20% tax, the total goes to 198€ and he loses 13€.
So depends on how easy it is to dodge customs over there.

pizza_is_a_lie

18 Jul 2015, 16:38

Sorry, I was assuming the $55 shipping which it costs to get to the UK. Can't work out why it would be cheaper to ship to the Netherlands.

Plus, like I've reiterated, the shipping costs to the UK are WORST-CASE prices. I expect it to be less if more get involved.

Muirium
µ

18 Jul 2015, 17:23

US shipping to Britain usually costs more. (XMIT has to charge us extra with his sales, as the difference is too large to just write off.) Could be our goofy currency that affects the shipping cost, but really everything is more expensive here anyway so it's no surprise!

pizza_is_a_lie

19 Jul 2015, 12:14

Hey guys,

No new orders since last time. Just under 2 weeks left to go!

maxmalkav
dye hard

19 Jul 2015, 21:50

I'm located in the Netherlands too, would you consider delegating the shipping to a Dutch proxy? Shipping rates to the rest of Europe here are kind of competitive.

scottc

19 Jul 2015, 21:51

Germany has great shipping rates to the rest of Europe, in my experience.

pizza_is_a_lie

19 Jul 2015, 22:28

I'm not sure. Means the money would bounce around more hands. I would be a bit out of my comfort zone, in all honesty!

chzel

19 Jul 2015, 23:01

Imagine for the rest of us, your only activity is for this GB after all...
Not trying to imply anything about your honesty, but the irony is so strong with your comment...

pizza_is_a_lie

19 Jul 2015, 23:28

I was more concerned with extra fees incurred having to transfer the money through more hands thus making the proxy null and void - unless more time had been put in to it.

I asked people for help and advice from day one and didn't get it. Between here, GH and r/MK a proxy was deliberated but noone delivered. The only help I got was on the GH IRC with some group buy fundamentals. I appreciate your help, all of you, I really do. But it's a bit frustrating to watch people umm and arr about the way I've run it now.

maxmalkav
dye hard

19 Jul 2015, 23:59

Scottc is right about the German shipping prices, I think they are better than the Dutch ones.

@pizza_is_a_lie: I discovered kind of late this GB (I'm discovering late almost everything lately, just ask chzel about my phantom plate ;-) I was kind of offering myself as proxy, but I was not too direct about it. For myself, any complain about how you are running the GB, I just thought to volunteer just in case you would consider it handy, I totally understand your concerns.

Return to “Group buys”