Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Mal-2

11 Mar 2015, 06:08

Would anyone have interest in the relegendable keytops for a Cherry G86 series? I may have a fair number of brand new spares and would price them at something like $0.50 a key plus shipping.

(Why? Because I grabbed a matrix layout version covered entirely in them, but intend to use as many of the standard keys from my current keyboard as possible.)

shreebles
Finally 60%

11 Mar 2015, 10:18

base_on_base wrote: A fully working Dell AT101 with Black Alps switches. It has the 'new' logo but no windows keys. The keyboard is very dirty, but not damaged. I plan on fully cleaning it before selling. Any idea on value?
less than 20$

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

11 Mar 2015, 11:21

How much for this little Goupil? :)
Attachments
goupil.jpg
goupil.jpg (873.69 KiB) Viewed 5437 times

photekq
Cherry Picker

11 Mar 2015, 11:25

No badge! It's worth NOTHING*!!! :x

*to me, at least.

scottc

11 Mar 2015, 11:26

I'll give you 5 euro for the case. ;)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

11 Mar 2015, 11:26

:(

IvanIvanovich

11 Mar 2015, 16:59

I say 70-80EUR for that goupil. It's still in fair shape though it looks like some of the keys are shiny, but you get that unique goupil colorway. If it was just a standard beige 1000 model then 15-20EUR would be just right.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Mar 2015, 17:11

IvanIvanovich wrote: […] that unique goupil colorway […]
Doubleshot caps, a bit darker than usual with the print a very dark grey.
Simply beautiful.

photekq
Cherry Picker

11 Mar 2015, 17:28

I would like to witness this beauty..

Someone find me a set in ANSI or UK ISO :ugeek:

jmcdf

12 Mar 2015, 17:02

Hi, any idea what this is worth, if anything? (Obviously after an intense clean)

Viglen K104

Last edited by jmcdf on 12 Mar 2015, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

12 Mar 2015, 17:03

Monterey K-104, by the looks of it. Not sure of a price, though.

Prelim

12 Mar 2015, 17:32

in the current state I would say worthless or up to 10€... I've seen NIB ones selling at 30-40€ maximum

imbattable

12 Mar 2015, 21:23

It is Goupil month apparently. Depicted is a G80-1861HBD with production code B25. Keycaps are slightly yellowed, I cleaned it with denture tabs twice, but used no force, so maybe they can get cleaner. Feel is nice, if you like ABS doubleshots, nothing beats vintage cherry in my opinion. Sadly, I don't fancy black and don't want to mod the board. It has no diodes in the switches so I guess it does not have NKRO.

More images found in the album. I might be the world's worst photographer:
http://imgur.com/a/82KT8

Since I think this deserves a good spot in someone's collection, I am not going to keep it. How much would you guys deem appropriate?

IvanIvanovich

12 Mar 2015, 22:24

Doesn't look yellowed to me, Goupil has a more tan/darker tone than standard beige keys so it looks like it's supposed to. I have the exact same board in US layout that came with my Goupil Golf 286 system. You are correct that it is a 2KRO board, same as most other 1800 variants. Looks to be in pretty nice shape, I would say 100-120EUR for that one.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

13 Mar 2015, 00:24

Prism case: Photekq might already have proposed you a price, am I wrong? :lol:

photekq
Cherry Picker

13 Mar 2015, 00:25

Nah. I don't like 1800s. Although, maybe it would be nice to get a matching pair.. 8-)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

13 Mar 2015, 00:29

Actually, I thought you wouldn't had any hesitation in getting the matching pair!

axiom

13 Mar 2015, 01:41

Hi all,

Love the site, I've been a lurker but am considering becoming more of a contributor once I get some decent modding experience. It has the community feel of a forum, with very polite, well-spoken members, and has a color scheme that oesn't make my eyes burn.

My question: How much would a Coolermaster Storm XT with MX Green switches fetch? I live in Ontario, Canada, and MX Green switches are very rare to come by up here. It's barely been touched for 30 minutes, bought it off a guy who just spent enough time to switch keycaps before realizing he didn't want it. (guess the board is cursed haha).

I'm selling it because the costar stabilizers don't work well with my thick Ducky PBT, and I refuse to sand those gorgeous keys, so I bought a Ducky Shine MX Greens instead, and want to get rid of the Storm. Local vendors are all sold out of the CM Storm XT MX Green, and it goes for about 150CAD after tax. Do you think asking 120-130CAD is fair?

Stabilized

13 Mar 2015, 11:25

Seems like a reasonable price, if you think your market is in Canada though, you might be better sticking it up on GH or r/mechmarket, as there seems to be Americans/Canadians there. I mean if they are in high demand in your area, the easiest way would be to use eBay and choose to list it up as Buy It Now at the RRP, accepting offers.

I would stick it up for your optimal price first and then reduce the price if no-one bites, you might find people offer you different amounts or offer to trade; it's worth a shot anyway ;)

axiom

13 Mar 2015, 16:25

Stabilized wrote: Seems like a reasonable price, if you think your market is in Canada though, you might be better sticking it up on GH or r/mechmarket, as there seems to be Americans/Canadians there. I mean if they are in high demand in your area, the easiest way would be to use eBay and choose to list it up as Buy It Now at the RRP, accepting offers.

I would stick it up for your optimal price first and then reduce the price if no-one bites, you might find people offer you different amounts or offer to trade; it's worth a shot anyway ;)
Thanks for the input :) I ended up buying the GMK Hyperfuse set however (debt is good, they say...) so I'll be putting those badboys on the Greens. Hopefully the wire stabilizers don't interfere with the hyperfuse.

shreebles
Finally 60%

13 Mar 2015, 16:44

axiom wrote: Thanks for the input :) I ended up buying the GMK Hyperfuse set however (debt is good, they say...) so I'll be putting those badboys on the Greens. Hopefully the wire stabilizers don't interfere with the hyperfuse.
A lot of people actually prefer the wire kind stabilizers. I do because they feel a lot lighter, and don't seem to interfere with the feel of the individual keys as much.
A damped and lubed wire stabilizer on a spacebar is the highest feeling of quality you can achieve with Cherry MX, in my opinion.

axiom

13 Mar 2015, 17:35

shreebles wrote:
axiom wrote: Thanks for the input :) I ended up buying the GMK Hyperfuse set however (debt is good, they say...) so I'll be putting those badboys on the Greens. Hopefully the wire stabilizers don't interfere with the hyperfuse.
A lot of people actually prefer the wire kind stabilizers. I do because they feel a lot lighter, and don't seem to interfere with the feel of the individual keys as much.
A damped and lubed wire stabilizer on a spacebar is the highest feeling of quality you can achieve with Cherry MX, in my opinion.
I agree with you 100%, my only worry is that I have read thick PBT does not work well with wire stabs. I am hoping thick GMK doubleshots will not have this issue.

vernonseta

14 Mar 2015, 12:33

Hello everyone. I recently bought a HHKB Pro 2 and found myself not using my Poker II anymore.

The board has Cherry MX Blues, a TEX acrylic case and blank grey DSA keycaps. I could also throw in some leftover DSA keycaps and the original keycaps and case. Suggestions?

dzhoou

18 Mar 2015, 15:16

axiom wrote: Hi all,

Love the site, I've been a lurker but am considering becoming more of a contributor once I get some decent modding experience. It has the community feel of a forum, with very polite, well-spoken members, and has a color scheme that oesn't make my eyes burn.

My question: How much would a Coolermaster Storm XT with MX Green switches fetch? I live in Ontario, Canada, and MX Green switches are very rare to come by up here. It's barely been touched for 30 minutes, bought it off a guy who just spent enough time to switch keycaps before realizing he didn't want it. (guess the board is cursed haha).

I'm selling it because the costar stabilizers don't work well with my thick Ducky PBT, and I refuse to sand those gorgeous keys, so I bought a Ducky Shine MX Greens instead, and want to get rid of the Storm. Local vendors are all sold out of the CM Storm XT MX Green, and it goes for about 150CAD after tax. Do you think asking 120-130CAD is fair?
Curious. Are you having trouble installing it? I'm typing on exactly the same board with new keys installed.

I recalled that the stabs were too loose for the new spacebar, so I had to put some tissue paper in. Worked fine for me.

Vax

19 Mar 2015, 09:54

How much are dirty uncleaned IBM Model Ms ISO DE going for these days? Still got a couple stored in the basement. Might be selling them soon so they get some love. ;)

shreebles
Finally 60%

19 Mar 2015, 11:32

Vax wrote: How much are dirty uncleaned IBM Model Ms ISO DE going for these days? Still got a couple stored in the basement. Might be selling them soon so they get some love. ;)
Why don't you give them a cleaning first?

I bought my german Model M for less than 30€ on eBay, because it was a little dirty. Had the seller cleaned it beforehand the price would've been much higher. I just don't understand how people (buyers and sellers) can be so put off by a little grime that water and elbow grease can fix in 10 minutes.

Prices have been increasing on eBay, too, so if you're gonna sell it there, I would clean it and take some nice pictures if your goal is to get the most profit.

OR, you could make sure it will be taken care of properly, and sell it on the DT marketplace for a fair price. You will help the community and feel better about yourself for not ripping off someone on eBay 8-)

Vax

19 Mar 2015, 12:53

Because a lot of guys here actually prefer to do the dirty work themselves. Trust me, I sold a batch already couple of years ago. And a real cleaning (at least when I do it for my own KBs) is definately NOT done in 10 minutes. Most of the guys will open them and clean the plate and mount also which takes a couple of hours at least, so yeah.

spartan7

19 Mar 2015, 21:15

vernonseta wrote: Hello everyone. I recently bought a HHKB Pro 2 and found myself not using my Poker II anymore.

The board has Cherry MX Blues, a TEX acrylic case and blank grey DSA keycaps. I could also throw in some leftover DSA keycaps and the original keycaps and case. Suggestions?

How much for the poker 2? Are there any scratches on case? Any shine on keycaps? Can you post more images ?

ollir

19 Mar 2015, 22:04

I have two keyboards I'm thinking of MAYBE selling. Both in Swedish/Finnish ISO layout.

- First one is a 1987 Model M 1391411. Fully functional and in ok condition. Missing right alt keycap (the lower cap of the two-part cap is still on though).

- Monterey K108 with Monterey switches. Board doesn't have left CTRL-key or switch on. I still have the switch and keycap though. Just haven't bothered to solder it back to the PCB as I map ctrl to capslock anyway. (the monterey switches ofc amounts to infinite $$$ :p)

Any estimate on how much these would be worth?
And in the case I put the Monterey CTRL-key switch in working order?

Thanks.
Last edited by ollir on 19 Mar 2015, 23:42, edited 3 times in total.

davkol

19 Mar 2015, 22:42

snip (got no reply)
Last edited by davkol on 04 Jul 2015, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Marketplace Help”