Well, the previous MD wasn't one for sentiment or keeping stuff we didn't need. I kept what I could, but it wasn't a lot....unfortunately.
Good news / bad news time....
1) Esc key - double shot, beige grey cap. 1 only
2) A full set of 'round' keycaps for a num-pad - bagged and ready to go. It's a bit of an odd-ball set though - 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,00, *, %, =, +, X, (division symbol), -, . 20 caps in all and something we used to supply RS with. All double-shot and light-grey variants.
3) A whole bag of these caps, barring the number 5. Part number G99-639AC. Not sure how many sets there are in the bag (barring all of the number 5 keys though!!), but it's a big bag....
4) An incomplete set of keycap colour swatches. Back in the dim and distant past, we had the opportunity to make the keycaps in different colours - a bonus with double-shot caps - so we had to produce a colour chart, which is basically a metal ring with the corresponding plastic colour (along with its code) attached. each has the Cherry logo printed on. Now, there are a few missing - mainly the blue ones. Due to me being a bit stupid (!), I've removed the blue colours as my son wanted them for a school project.....typical. I don't know of another one of these in the country though....
5) 5 x G80/G81-1800 Caps/Num/Scroll 'Stickers' - Square versions
6) 6 x G80/G81-1800 Caps/Num/Scrol 'Stickers' - Rectangular versions.
7) Black Cherry stickers - small versions. I think these were actually designed to retro fit either keyboards, digitisers or switch assemblies.
8) Full colour Cherry sticker - the 'original' logo and the same as the one found on the G80-3000 we were auctioning on ebay - this has a black line going around the logo itself.
9) Full colour Cherry sticker - this is a large version though. Not good for keyboards, but great as a window sticker. This is in the second incarnation of the logo with no line and a slight font adjustment.
10) Full keyboard matrix, no caps, but with 137 keys, 135 brown switches, 1 white switch, 1 grey switch. Two Cherry DG switches are also on the board, designed to fit the touchpad that was meant to be in the centre. Full matrix part - 701-2215. I have 4 or 5 of these, originally designed as the replacement internals for the G80-8910 (Nationwide) keyboard or for the G80-8109/8113/8114 series.
11) A Nationwide keyboard - G80-8910. Supplied to Nationwide Building Society around 12/13 years ago, it's a fully loaded product - All MX, Touchpad, Magnetic Card reader & Smartcard reader with programmable buttons (using Cherry Tools software)
Now the bad news...
Can't find ANYTHING with double shot caps at all. I had thought that there were a couple lurking around, or at the very least, a US layout G81-8000HRMUS, but it appears that it's disappeared somewhere....There's literally nothing left of any consequence down there at all - yes, there's a few G80 models (G80-3000 & G80-11900 mainly), but they're all later versions with laser caps. They do have their matrix intact - 11900's with black switches, some G80-3000's with blue or black, no other type, sorry - but they're from the last 8 years or so, where everything's lasered.....bum!
So, that's the extent of our kept stock. If I do locate anything else, I'll let everyone know - I have asked Germany for anything they may have left in double-shot mould lurking in store cupboards, under desks or as museum pieces, so we'll see what happens with those..
If there's any interest, please contact me through the site or directly - firstname.lastname@example.org
- our 'normal' e-mail addresses STILL aren't functioning!! AARRGGHH!!!