Das 4C Pro

eldorange

26 Feb 2015, 15:31

seebart wrote:
zts wrote: Negative: the widest TKL I've seen lately; UV coated ABS caps (they seem to be of a higher quality as ABS caps go); a bit overpriced for what it is; not disclosing on the packaging that GREETECH clone switches are used (instead of Cherry MX)
I can´t believe that they are selling this with GREETECH clone switches and NOT telling the customer! Unbelievable bullsh... :o :evilgeek: WTF ?!? Nice, let´s screw the customer over, who cares right? They must assume their customers are too retarded to pull a cap and notice!

I do actually like the looks of it. It´s the first Das I would buy, but after reading this...NOT happening for me. I don´t see any mention of the GREETECH clone´s online either:

http://www.daskeyboard.com/de/daskeyboa ... fessional/

mind pulling a cap for us zts so that we can see that GREETECH clone glory?
+++++++++++++++

Totally agree...This business practice of Das "PROFESSIONAL" keyboard should not be tolerated. But I am still grateful to this keyboard company for introducing me to the world of mechanical keyboards. But this brand will never be in my future buy list....

Halvar

26 Feb 2015, 15:37

Did you see the "Destroy this site" link in the footer menu? :P
Last edited by Halvar on 26 Feb 2015, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

andrewjoy

26 Feb 2015, 15:37

eldorange wrote: But I am still grateful to this keyboard company for introducing me to the world of mechanical keyboards. But this brand will never be in my future buy list....
replace das with razer and its the same for me :)

scottc

26 Feb 2015, 15:39

Replace razer with IBM and... oh, wait...

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Feb 2015, 16:01

Hey now. The ugly asymmetrical blob has moved from the top to the side.

scottc

26 Feb 2015, 16:03

That's good, right..? Errr...

At least it serves a purpo-... oh. Wait.

zts

26 Feb 2015, 18:00

Muirium wrote:
zts wrote: add two more inches and you could be typing on this amazing thing instead
The best way to end a runaway keyboard collecting habit is to get a Topre. Why on Earth did you even look at a Das when you've got a HiPro? (Assuming that's what you meant.) ...
:lol: I go through anywhere between 30 and 50 keyboards a year when ordering stuff for about 300 employees ... so, it's a nice opportunity to experience many different keyboards and manufacturers ... and then I have my personal Topre stash. BTW, that HiPro is just an awesome experience and I wish Topre decides to make a TKL version of it.

Stabilized

26 Feb 2015, 18:05

I really hope they do too, until then I can try and get the effect with a Novatouch and some Round 5(a)s!

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2015, 18:47

Yup. TKL HiPro is an instant classic waiting to happen. Preferably in "Round 5 tribute" JUST Systems colours.

https://www.justmyshop.com/camp/realforcehipro

zts

26 Feb 2015, 21:03

Muirium wrote: Yup. TKL HiPro is an instant classic waiting to happen. Preferably in "Round 5 tribute" JUST Systems colours.

https://www.justmyshop.com/camp/realforcehipro
looks awesome in that color. I usually prefer white-ish keyboards, especially when attaching them to Mac. But the darker *industrial" coloring is actually great too on that HiPro ... plus it gives me a sense like I'm doing something really important :o

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2015, 21:42

Hmm… maybe if I was to see one in person I'd change my mind, but in pictures the dark HiPro doesn't look inspiring at all. It doesn't have the industrial SSK's contrasting mods and, well, joie de vivre.

But the beige one, [engage George Takei voice] oh my…

Just's is probably my favourite of the three. It's close. Well, besides the one in last place.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

26 Feb 2015, 22:49

It's so sad to read that they are worse than Kailh switches. Das Keyboard used to be a premium brand. Then they moved their production to China, then crappy mx ripoffs. Their price is still pretty premium, though!

cookie

04 Mar 2015, 11:53

Too clumsy for my taste :/

Return to “Keyboards”