NIB minitouch monterey blue : how rare is it?

maxrunner

23 Jun 2012, 19:08

Wow not following this, ripster, you have a smk-85?what is sc226?

maxrunner

23 Jun 2012, 19:10

ripster wrote:Oh, this feels NIIIIIIICCCCEEEEEE!

Anyhoo, it is SC226. I've seen that key be used for \ before IIRC.
so the blank key is the <> key in iso layout???great, now i need to get this asap :P

Soarer

23 Jun 2012, 19:11

ripster wrote:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 71%29.aspx
OemBackslash The OEM angle bracket or backslash key on the RT 102 key keyboard (Windows 2000 or later). 226
Microsoft Uber Alles.
That's the Windows virtual key code, NOT the scan code. :roll:

Soarer

23 Jun 2012, 19:14

maxrunner wrote:Wow not following this, ripster, you have a smk-85?what is sc226?
SCnnn is a notation used by Autohotkey (AHK). To remap the key to Home you could write:

SC056::Home

in the AHK script.

ripster

23 Jun 2012, 19:19

That is why my notation is best Soarer and 7bit.

Woohoo, another pic to add to the Click Clack pics thread...

TexasFlood

23 Jun 2012, 19:55

ripster wrote:I got mine from Biniaris and he was gracious enough to throw in shipping for free.

Not ALL Americans are Greedy. Only MOST of us.
ripster wrote:
sixty wrote:I will stone you with nickles, if it turns out to be the ALPS variant.
It was indeed Monterey switches. 1903 is the magic number.

If I post a picture will you RipOmeter something for me?
Not all 1903s, just MOST of them, see this post from didja.

ripster

23 Jun 2012, 20:38

LIke I said I'm no Minitouch collector.

Didja is the expert.

Surprising he bothers to post at Geekhack. Those Noobs don't even know the value of a Northgate.

Meanwhile in your passive/aggressive way you continue, TF, to be every sheepish. BUT still deleted.
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?3278 ... post620294

<have a screenshot but who gives a fuck as GH sinks into mediocrity>

baaaaaa
baaa
ba

TexasFlood

23 Jun 2012, 20:50

ripster wrote:LIke I said I'm no Minitouch collector.

Didja is the expert.
Neither am I, wasn't trying to criticize you, just spread the news so folks would know what to look for.
ripster wrote:Meanwhile in your passive/aggressive way you continue, TF, to be every sheepish. BUT still deleted.
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?3278 ... post620294

<have a screenshot but who gives a fuck as GH sinks into mediocrity>

baaaaaa
baaa
ba
Not quite sure what you're trying to say. All's well that ends well and that ended well IMHO.

ripster

23 Jun 2012, 21:06

Np TF. Just like hassling you. All will be forgiven if you upvote me at Reddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/keyboards/comme ... _switches/

MOAR pics here! SURE looks like 1903 is Monterey. Even the box pic shows blue embedded numpad numbers. Maybe the SN is a clue too.

HELVETICA FTW!
Last edited by ripster on 25 Jun 2012, 16:45, edited 3 times in total.

TexasFlood

23 Jun 2012, 21:15

ripster wrote:MOAR pics here! SURE looks like 1903 is Monterey. Even the box pic shows blue embedded numpad numbers. Maybe the SN is a clue too.

http://imgur.com/a/JOvEO#0
That one looks just like Didja described. Would be nice if he serial could be decoded yes...

maxrunner

23 Jun 2012, 21:21

what do you guys think about the DSI smk-85?

fossala
Elite +1

23 Jun 2012, 21:23

maxrunner wrote:what do you guys think about the DSI smk-85?
Better started in a new thread, no?

maxrunner

23 Jun 2012, 21:26

fossala wrote:
maxrunner wrote:what do you guys think about the DSI smk-85?
Better started in a new thread, no?

i just love these small boards...sorry. :P

Edit:still searching for more of these type of boards, preferably clicky :)

fossala
Elite +1

23 Jun 2012, 21:32

Don't be sorry. It will just be easier for people to find when searching if you start a new thread.

maxrunner

23 Jun 2012, 21:40

fossala wrote:Don't be sorry. It will just be easier for people to find when searching if you start a new thread.

ok will do that. :)

phetto
Elite

24 Jun 2012, 07:41

Was looking at ebay for a minitouch and this appeared, da FUK is this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIIG-OLD-CLICKY ... 815wt_1163

Cherry? ALPS?

maxrunner

24 Jun 2012, 15:34

Does the GeekHack edition has monterey switches or are they ALPS?i've been told that it uses ALPS...

didja

24 Jun 2012, 16:13

They were XM ALPS

maxrunner

24 Jun 2012, 16:15

didja wrote:They were XM ALPS
didja have you found your SiiG's ? ;)

TexasFlood

24 Jun 2012, 16:20

maxrunner wrote:Does the GeekHack edition has monterey switches or are they ALPS?i've been told that it uses ALPS...
They were white ALPS NOS (new old stock) with added custom lime green keys and a canvas drawstring bag from didja..

Here is a review of a white ALPS SIIG Minitouch

Here is what you got:

maxrunner

24 Jun 2012, 16:23

So many ALPS designations and versions X)....still,ALPS NOS, i assume are the whites complicated clicky and tactile?

What i like about this board, is that it has the added iso key, so i can snag keycaps for my country and make a full euro keyboard it seems....

TexasFlood

24 Jun 2012, 16:40

They're ALPS Type II simplfied or XMs. Most of us prefer the older complicated ALPS of course. But not everyone hates XM switches. They are relatively heavy (70g), loud, many describe the action as not smooth or "gritty". For me I don't like the loudness simply becuase it interferes with my work, but some folks like it. I have the same problem with IBM buckling spring keyboards, like the model F or M, those feel great but too loud for my work. But if you look around many folks like these switches in a variety of keyboards (SIIG Minitouch, Filco Zero etc) and enjoy them although I wouldn't say it's one of the most popular switches. Would I rather have a monterey? Yes, love those switches, a lot of fun to type on IMHO, but also a bit loud for my work. I have a Chicony KB-5181 with montereys but have yet to snag a Minitouch with them, :(

Vax

25 Jun 2012, 16:15

I tested this baby on the DT Keyboard Party and it was really nice typing on. Now I'm looking for a Monterey Blue Board. But it should be full length and ISO (QWERTZ if possible). What boards are out there matching my description?

off

25 Jun 2012, 16:20

maxrunner wrote:So many ALPS designations and versions X)....still,ALPS NOS, i assume are the whites complicated clicky and tactile?
Incorrect assumption.
NOS is not a reference to a switch of any kind, it's a general reference like NIB; explanation a few posts up. ;)

ripster

25 Jun 2012, 17:32

NOS kicked in, Yo!

maxrunner

25 Jun 2012, 18:21

AHAH ok i get it.

maxrunner

26 Jun 2012, 02:58

Soarer wrote:Dunno where you get 226 from! :lol:

It's ISO 'Europe 2', scan code 56 hex (86 decimal) in set 1, scan code 61 hex (97 decimal) in set 2, \ on UK, <> on DE, etc.

Hi! do you know how can i remap that key in ubunto for something like:
control + z="<"
control + x=">"

regards,

TexasFlood

26 Jun 2012, 03:13

Google is your friend, :D So I think xev to find the keycodes and xmodmap to remap, find details at these links.
Note there are some extra steps to make it stick past the current x-session, described at the first link below.

How do I remap certain keys?
Remapping keys on Ubuntu with xmodmap and xev

maxrunner

26 Jun 2012, 03:37

Thanks lets see if can fix this tomorrow....

didja

26 Jun 2012, 04:43

NOS = New Old Stock, generally refers to something no longer in production and is in new condition in original packaging.

Return to “Keyboards”