Noppoo Choc Mini, repeating/missing keystroke

kvad

02 Jul 2012, 00:44

Been using a Noppoo Choc Mini for about 6 months. In general been very happy with it, but lately I've had trouble with certain keys from time to time either not registering the keystroke, or returning double characters.

Opened up the case and had a look underneath the circuit board, but all looks okay (to my admittedly untrained eyes).
Have taken off the caps and made sure it's clean, blasted it with compressed air - which does seem to make it better for a short amount of time (but not sure if that is just down to the random nature of it, or wishful thinking on my side).

The keyboard is hooked up to an HP Envy 17 2xxx series via USB, but also tested on a Sony Vaio X - just to make sure it's not the computer.

Anyone else had problems like this?

Recoil3842

03 Jul 2012, 19:01

I have a similar problem with my Noppoo. In my case it is the apostrophe key that will only register after either itself or another key has been pressed. So, if I press the apostrophe key once, nothing, but if I press it again I will get two apostrophes. A bit weird as I have done nothing to the keyboard other than replace the key caps.

Icarium

03 Jul 2012, 19:23

That sounds like what the US international layout does. Dead keys.

kvad

03 Jul 2012, 20:52

@ Recoil3842: That is normal behaviour with Norwegian layout at least, so probably as Icarium suggested you are running US international? On my keyboard it's especially T, O, P and increasingly left ALT (loads of fun when ALT+TAB'ing : ).

hamza_tm

04 Jul 2012, 11:32

If you get inexplicable chattering then try compressed air. If not you would need to solder new switches on for the dodgy ones.

Unless its some kind of PCB issue, which would be more challenging to fix

kvad

10 Jul 2012, 19:45

There's no sounds out of the ordinary, so I guess I'll be looking to replace this one as I don't have much experience soldering. Thanks for the help though!

Return to “Keyboards”