Poker 2 PBT Caps question

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

26 Mar 2014, 19:34

I got my new Poker 2 today. :) It´s the non backlit version with PBT keycaps on MX Blue in this case. I´m quite happy with the keyboard so far;

BUT I noticed that the "mount" in the center of the keycap which sits on the Cherry switch is visible from the outside.

Is this normal ?

I can´t see to find any pictures online that validate this.

I think you can see what I mean on my pics:

Last edited by seebart on 27 Mar 2014, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

26 Mar 2014, 19:39

Vortex caps are about as low end as it gets. They shouldn't show through like that, but it's not exactly a surprise either…

So long as you "Enjoy Your Feeling" you'll be okay.

seebart

26 Mar 2014, 19:41

"They shouldn't show through like that"

well that´s what I was thinking too. But I´m keeping the Poker 2 anyway.

I can allways upgrade! I know just where to get some :lol:
Last edited by seebart on 26 Mar 2014, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

26 Mar 2014, 19:42

The board itself is okay. Upgrade the caps to something nice! Believe me, there are some sweet GBs on right now. Too many for my wallet!

Yslen

26 Mar 2014, 20:17

Those caps are totally different to my Poker II (also non-backlit). What do they look like from underneath?

Here are mine :

seebart

26 Mar 2014, 20:26

here:

did I get less for my € or what?

Yslen

26 Mar 2014, 22:11

seebart wrote:here:

did I get less for my € or what?
They look very similar, actually. I just thought as your legends aren't centred they might have changed the caps. They look plenty think enough, so it's odd you can see the mounts through them

seebart

26 Mar 2014, 22:34

actually I cannot see the mount on all keys, I wonder if this is a quality issue? I have looked at some of my other keyboards and none of them have this "issue". My Ducky Zero keycaps look much higher quality in comparison. I noticed the off-center legends just now! :P

Yslen

26 Mar 2014, 23:24

I guess you have off-centred legends because your layout requires multiple legends on certain keys. My Poker II is ANSI, and all the legends are centred.

As for the quality of the keycaps, the legends are dreadful, but the caps themselves aren't so bad. They're as thick as any Cherry PBT caps I've used, and give a satisfying "THOCK" noise when typing. I guess maybe there are some quality control issues that have led to the tops of yours being thin enough for the mount to be visible, which is a shame. Still, if you're replacing them anyway....!

Return to “Keyboards”