Small/backlit/cherry red?

abhibeckert

11 Nov 2012, 04:19

I'm looking for a second mechanical keyboard but am not sure which one to buy... the one I have now (Leopold FC700R) doesn't quite suit me.

I'm looking for:

* small size
* cherry mx red
* backlit letters, either adjustable or not very bright

Does such a keyboard exist? All the ones I can find seem to be extremely hard to find or discontinued or of dubious build quality.

My bedroom is really small and I have a lot of other things on my desk (and nowhere else to put them). With my current 10-keyless keyboard I only just have enough room for the mouse. I'd really like something smaller... but can get by with another 10-keyless if that's the only option.

I want the switches to be the same cherry red as my Leopold FC700R which I'll continue to use at work. I'm guessing it would drive me up the wall to have different switches between home and work.

I want backlit because I often game in a dark room late at night, and would prefer not to turn the light on. Obviously I can touch type fine, but with gaming my hands are in the wrong position. I don't want some fancy gaming keyboard with blinding light keys, just something subtle so I can read the letters in a pitch black room.

Vierax

11 Nov 2012, 07:17

hello too !

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Nov 2012, 09:05

Vierax wrote:hello too !
:lol:

Topre Enthusiast

11 Nov 2012, 09:42

abhibeckert

11 Nov 2012, 20:04

KBT Pure/white looks perfect! Thanks.

I wonder how I'm gonna go with the layout... I'll have to put the tilde back in it's normal position... map fn-esc to the right place.... Sounds workable! :geek:
kbdfr wrote:
Vierax wrote:hello too !
:lol:
Oh yeah... and Hi everybody! ;-)

Vierax

12 Nov 2012, 03:40

Welcome abhibeckert feel at ease here :)
And don't be shy to give us feedback about the Pure when you'll have it.

Return to “Keyboards”