The SurpriseBox Worldwide Trip 2

andrewjoy

23 Nov 2015, 23:44

Oh indeed. I will photo it for the bodge thread at some point. But hey its alight i used green wire so its the same colour as the errmm "Analog" PCB, like a bought one!

Muirium
µ

23 Nov 2015, 23:51

It lives!

andrewjoy

28 Nov 2015, 20:46

I am almost done with the box.

Excluding the caps form the junk bag this is what i am keeping.

HDI Liberation Device ( controller for Filco MJ2)

Round 4 repair kit

I will be adding several large things . if they don't fit in the box i will MAKE them fit!

Muirium
µ

28 Nov 2015, 20:50

Watch out for the weight. It was damn close Hermes' max 15 kilo limit when you got it.

I also need to figure out who it's going to next, as well. Mr.Interface gave me jurisdiction of the UK portion of the tour. It ends with Hoggy, but the order up until that point is up for grabs.

andrewjoy

28 Nov 2015, 20:53

There are a few boxes that dont need to be in there as the stuff can just go in a baggie, that hopefully will allow me to put in what i want :)

HzFaq

28 Nov 2015, 20:54

Muirium wrote: Watch out for the weight. It was damn close Hermes' max 15 kilo limit when you got it.

I also need to figure out who it's going to next, as well. Mr.Interface gave me jurisdiction of the UK portion of the tour. It ends with Hoggy, but the order up until that point is up for grabs.
Ooo, me next pls!

Muirium
µ

28 Nov 2015, 23:07

Sure, you're up next then, Hz. The plan is to get it to urbancamo when he's ready, then Scottc in January when he's back in London. No sooner! Then Hoggy is last, as he volunteered for the export back to Europe.

If anyone wants to hurry the process, I guess money would help shift it out of Britain for Christmas. So long as Scott and Hoggy get it eventually. But we're not paying! International shipping that 15 kg box will cost a bloody fortune!

@Andy: Aye aye. But leave the yellow box and the green box intact. Those are nice. I was tempted by them myself.

photekq
Cherry Picker

29 Nov 2015, 00:09

I don't suppose I would be allowed a very, very, very late entrance into this tour?

I know the answer will be no, but I thought there'd be no harm in asking..

I didn't really see this during the sign up period, but I saw it a few months back after people started posting what they were taking out/putting in and have wanted in ever since! :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

29 Nov 2015, 00:12

Ah, bugger. I wanted to be right after you, just in case…

Anyway, I'll let you in. It's going to be a while over here anyway. Might as well open a few extra UK signups.

photekq
Cherry Picker

29 Nov 2015, 00:14

Lovely jubbly!

Muirium
µ

29 Nov 2015, 00:26

Provisional UK route:
  • Muirium
  • Andewjoy
  • HzFaq
  • Photekq << Not before December 13th
  • urbancamo
  • …?
  • Scottc << January!
  • Hoggy
  • End of UK tour. Back to Europe
Anyone else want in? Or want moved? I can understand anyone wanting the slot right after Photekq!

photekq
Cherry Picker

29 Nov 2015, 00:27

I'm happy to be right after Hzza, although I should note that I won't be back home until the 13th. That shouldn't matter too much though, since people have taken much longer with the box by the looks of it.

andrewjoy

29 Nov 2015, 19:08

ok i will pack it up and book collection tomorrow,

I also put on the repair kit today with my R4 , its even more awesome than i imagined

I had to take the magic eraser to the other caps as they had started to shine ! No longer! ( magic erasers can remove shine from ABS as long as its not too bad ( on double shot only ofc). Its worth keeping on top of :)

Muirium
µ

05 Dec 2015, 14:54

Okay, here's something else I took out the box. To get it *down* to the hard 15 kilo limit I could find for shipping! Chyros hadn't tried Mitsumis before. I also sent him a sampling of switches from my collection.

http://deskthority.net/review-f45/chico ... 12258.html

The Surprise Box is now on its way to HzFaq.
Muirium wrote: Provisional UK route:
  • Muirium
  • Andewjoy
  • HzFaq
  • Photekq << Not before December 13th
  • urbancamo
  • …?
  • Scottc << January!
  • Hoggy
  • End of UK tour. Back to Europe
Anyone else want in? Or want moved? I can understand anyone wanting the slot right after Photekq!

HzFaq

09 Dec 2015, 18:56

Surprise box came today, holy shit that's a big box...

Will post back in a few weeks once I've been through everything :D.

andrewjoy

09 Dec 2015, 21:04

Its a large box indeed, Some very cool secrets hidden in that thing!

Also without spoilers , whoever 3d printed that thing for removing them things , can you send me the model please !

HzFaq

14 Dec 2015, 13:34

OK, I think I'm ready to part with this thing, going to add the last few little bits and get some pics of what I've taken out tonight.

I've just messaged Pho for his details.

7bit

15 Dec 2015, 16:48

Why nobody is posting photos?
:?

Did you all sell your cameras to be able to order more HONEY-madness?
:evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

15 Dec 2015, 16:55

I need to do that in reverse…

But I did take pictures. Two turns back.

HzFaq

15 Dec 2015, 21:47

I took this thing...
Spoiler:
and these things...
Spoiler:
...and put in some modding bits and some other random bits and bobs.

Currently arranging logistics with Pho as well, the package is down to 9.5kg now so it's full of awesome and reasonably shippable :D.

Chyros

15 Dec 2015, 22:32

...is that a tiny spacebar in the centre of the keyboard? Oo

gogusrl

15 Dec 2015, 22:56

That looks like a great setup for some palm buttons.

HzFaq

15 Dec 2015, 23:00

Chyros wrote: ...is that a tiny spacebar in the centre of the keyboard? Oo
Yup, its a little 3u jobbie. Reasonably common on these Access POS (point of sale, not the other POS) boards.
gogusrl wrote: That looks like a great setup for some palm buttons.
That's what I was thinking, I've got some 4x4 caps kicking around so can have some nice chunky FN keys to make up for the tiny alpha section :D.

gogusrl

15 Dec 2015, 23:02

You do need a LOT of key blockers to make this right. and some dsa profile 2x and 4x pos caps (if they even exist).

scottc

15 Dec 2015, 23:22

I've got a load of 2x1 and 2x2 caps from the Jarltech board I parted out if you want some, Hz!

photekq
Cherry Picker

31 Dec 2015, 11:52

So.. I really didn't want to take a package with MyHermes, which is the cheapest delivery service here, since my local MyHermes has a habit of taking 2 weeks to deliver a package to me.

I suggested I'd have it arranged with my dad's delivery account which about the same price, but is next day and absolutely 100% reliable.

First time I cocked up by not including the parcel dimensions, which is a new requirement or something :oops:

Second time my dad cocked up by not including the dot in their email address when arranging the collection :roll:

Third time they cocked up! :x I had arranged a collection for yesterday - all the information went through, got the collection request confirmed over phone, they sent it to the local depot.. No collection! I just got off the phone with them now and they've no clue why nobody turned up.

I go back to the university on Sunday, so that's me out of being able to receive this package until around Easter.

Can I either be moved down the list or removed entirely?

Sorry for these immense cock ups and the delays I have caused. I am very embarrassed and very sorry, especially since I'm the late entrant.. :oops:

hoggy

01 Jan 2016, 12:37

How about one of us chooses something from the box on your behalf (with your help of course) and your dad sends something from your stash to put back into the box? Discretion would be required of course.

You wouldn't get the full experience, but it would allow the box to move on to mainland Europe.

Assuming you and others agree, I'd be happy to help.

Of course, it's possible that the box will be delayed in the UK until Easter...

HzFaq

01 Jan 2016, 14:10

Let me know if you want to do that Pho, I think I could make an educated guess as to what you might like out of it :D.

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2016, 17:39

A worse mess than Hermes, eh? Sounds like every experience I've ever had with ParcelFORCE!!!! minus the broken goods. I'll take Hermes over those vicious fuckers any day.

Anywho, Hz is quite right. You two work together to pick a remote selection and addition to the unfortunately huge parcel. Then ship it on to the next on the list. Which is urbancamo then Scottc and finally Hoggy.

The parcel WILL NOT REMAIN IN BRITAIN until Easter! Come on, we can do better than 7bit, can't we?

photekq
Cherry Picker

01 Jan 2016, 21:29

Sounds good! What kind of stuff have we got in there for me to choose from Hzza? :mrgreen:

Got any more of these by any chance? :lol:

Return to “Keyboards”