Vintage Typewriter Keyboard Concept MOD

SonicRevolution

31 Mar 2014, 04:16

Hey guys,

I've a newbie to this site but I'm pretty active on other keyboard mod sites like GH and such. Anyway I thought you guys would get a kick out of a typewriter keyboard mod I just completed recently.

I'll post my blog info if and when I get admin approval. But there are vids are pics on it.

-Sonicrevolution

SonicRevolution

31 Mar 2014, 04:24

https://vimeo.com/89983782

Here is the video of how I did it! :D

REVENGE

31 Mar 2014, 06:08

Good timing.

EDIT: Terrible comment aside, it looks like a great mod! ;)

SonicRevolution

31 Mar 2014, 09:13

OMG! Oh NO!!! Datamancer was HUGE inspiration to me. I own one of his custom keyboards. This is truly sad and TERRIBLE news! :((

REVENGE

31 Mar 2014, 09:34

SonicRevolution wrote:OMG! Oh NO!!! Datamancer was HUGE inspiration to me. I own one of his custom keyboards. This is truly sad and TERRIBLE news! :((
:( Sorry man, saw the news on GH.

Muirium
µ

31 Mar 2014, 12:03

Nice video and a great mod. You explained your motives and thinking quite well, which leads me to lesser questions. Like: have you thought of trying Bluetooth so you can use the iPad without a clunky wire and adapter? Vintage, mechanical, typewriters had no wires of course, and the iPad's silence can evoke a piece of paper quite nicely, when bare.

I believe PFU'S newly released "Enebrick" or something like it could do the trick, concealed within.

http://deskthority.net/news-reviews-f4/ ... t7705.html

IvanIvanovich

31 Mar 2014, 17:41

Nice work... but I would make a frame/dock for your iPad so it fits in. Kind of reminds me of the 'computers' from Brazil.

SonicRevolution

01 Apr 2014, 02:34

I only had the sense to research the bluetooth concept after well into the project. I think bluetooth absolutely makes sense! :D I plan to incorporate bluetooth transmitter on a new keyboard project based on the lessons learned from this project! Thanks so much for your kind words!

lowpoly

01 Apr 2014, 14:11

Beautiful.

Return to “Keyboards”