03 Jul 2012, 15:26

New month, new bump :lol:

7bit

03 Jul 2012, 17:16

messages sent:
2012-05-16
2012-06-29
2012-07-03

No life-sign from theferenc since more than a month!
:shock:

grasshopper

07 Jul 2012, 21:14

It's been quite a while since I looked at this thread so I thought I'd give it another bump.

7bit, to save me reading thought 302 posts could you briefly summarise what (if anything) is happening with this group buy.

Thanks.

nathanscribe

22 Jul 2012, 14:07

Well, it's been over a year now. I think by the time I get any of the things I've paid for, I'll be too old to know what a keyboard is.

woody
Count Troller

22 Jul 2012, 19:25

Agreed. If a year has passed it's time to start resolving things, it won't get any better.

paat

30 Jul 2012, 20:01

Man, I spent over 70 € in this hole thing. And after a year nothing has changed :( . I mean it isn't 7bit's fault but the hole unclear situation sucks badly.

paat

16 Aug 2012, 20:36

bump

pederlol

17 Aug 2012, 10:30

So by now we can assume, that theferenc has taken our money, and nothing more can be done?

I can't even find "theferenc" in the members section and he never wrote in this thread (correct me if I'm wrong). Who is that guy anyway?

Ascaii
The Beard

17 Aug 2012, 18:56

Theferenc is a long time geekhack member.

hashbaz

18 Aug 2012, 07:55

I haven't seen theferunc around geekhack in months. :-/

IIRC he is a university professor or something ... he didn't seen like the kind of guy to rip people off.

woody
Count Troller

18 Aug 2012, 09:48

Academia or not, this has passed the point of patient waiting and needs resolving. It is still vacation-intensive part of the year, though.

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Aug 2012, 10:00

Try to contact him in RL? If he's not dead or otherwise incapacitated. he has got a problem.

woody
Count Troller

18 Aug 2012, 21:52

7bit has his contact, but I haven't seen recent posts from him so he must be on vacation. Cocktails and stuff.

TacticalCoder

19 Aug 2012, 00:57

pederlol wrote:So by now we can assume, that theferenc has taken our money
From the thread it doesn't seem so that "theferenc" stole our money seen that 7bit wrote that the stuff did actually arrive at the "zollamt" or whatever and that the people there were playing with the stuff, before it went back to "theferenc".

But by now I'm not sure I'm buying this either...

Trent

19 Aug 2012, 06:43

Aaaaaaand this is why I've always been hesitant of group buys.

woody
Count Troller

19 Aug 2012, 10:04

TacticalCoder wrote:7bit wrote that the stuff did actually arrive at the "zollamt" or whatever and that the people there were playing with the stuff, before it went back to "theferenc".
"Zollamt" is Customs, they're not fun to deal with, and in Germany I believe they can be pedantic.

The real problem is that the shipment from theferenc took ages, something with the papers probably was not right, and worst of all - no cooperation to fix that.

7bit

20 Aug 2012, 10:55

theferenc promised to send out the packages some weeks ago. I will contact him, again....

:roll:

woody
Count Troller

15 Sep 2012, 20:08

Guys. This is now seriously and officially borked.

More than a year ago I sent theferenc total sum of $169.50 (and few more bucks for PayPal fees). All the patient waiting so far is useless.

To 7bit and all the others involved in this mess - what could and should be done?

paat

17 Sep 2012, 08:03

woody wrote:[...]
To 7bit and all the others involved in this mess - what could and should be done?
Nothing. theferenc took our money and our stuff. Thats it. At least from my point of view.
I mean if there are personal issues involved fine, but a short statement in this thread from him would worked out.

TacticalCoder

17 Sep 2012, 13:57

paat wrote:
Nothing. theferenc took our money and our stuff. Thats it. At least from my point of view.
I mean if there are personal issues involved fine, but a short statement in this thread from him would worked out.
hey paat and woody and all,

I'm in for 70 bucks or so but...

This doesn't add up: if 'theferenc' took the money and/or the stuff, how could he possibly have managed to ship something to germany knowing the zollamt would keep it and then re-send it to the U.S.!?

That's what 7bit told us happened and it told us this happened already several months into the group buy.

So if someone stole our munnies or our stuff I'm really not sure it's theferenc because if it were him sending a shipment to germany (knowing it would come back!?) after x months wouldn't make such sense IMHO.

?

TacticalCoder

17 Sep 2012, 13:57

paat wrote:
hey paat and woody and all,

I'm in for 70 bucks or so but...

This doesn't add up: if 'theferenc' took the money and/or the stuff, how could he possibly have managed to ship something to germany knowing the zollamt would keep it and then re-send it to the U.S.!?

That's what 7bit told us happened and it told us this happened already several months into the group buy.

So if someone stole our munnies or our stuff I'm really not sure it's theferenc because if it were him sending a shipment to germany (knowing it would come back!?) after x months wouldn't make such sense IMHO.

?

Ascaii
The Beard

17 Sep 2012, 18:11

In any case, something needs to happen.

lal

17 Sep 2012, 22:57

7bit, have you heard anything from theferenc during that last month?

Luhmaniac

31 Oct 2012, 01:08

October (2012!) bump.

paat

03 Nov 2012, 01:05

November bump!

7bit

03 Nov 2012, 08:39

lal wrote:7bit, have you heard anything from theferenc during that last month?
No nothing.

I gave him the amount he requested to ship 4 packages, but he obviously never shipped them.

lal

03 Nov 2012, 12:06

So our money is lost? Can you give contact details of theferenc to those involved?

paat

06 Nov 2012, 09:53

Maybe some of the geekhack guys have still contact with him. We should open a topic there.

TacticalCoder

07 Dec 2012, 19:02

So who got scammed for how much?

I lost 70 EUR... (first time I fall for a scam btw)

7bit

07 Dec 2012, 19:13

TacticalCoder wrote:So who got scammed for how much?

I lost 70 EUR... (first time I fall for a scam btw)
I've sent yet another meail some days ago. So far no reaction.

I've told him he should tell me his address so I can find someone who can fetch the packages and send them off.

I only remember that I've sent another $300 for shipping. Don't want to remember the rest.

I don't have much money at the moment becuase of Round 4 and another Cherry MX order, but you will get your money back or can use it in one of my group buys immediately (buying switches for example).

Return to “Group buys”