Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless

The Solutor

31 Aug 2011, 20:57

As I said the honesty should be your main concern

ripster

31 Aug 2011, 20:58

Being precise and backing up your ridiculous contentions should be your concern.

itlnstln

31 Aug 2011, 21:00

ripster wrote:See, that pic is copy pasta'd from my Wiki.

I guess that's Step One. Reading my Wikis to gain understanding. But The Solutor has no idea the circumstances of how that keyboard was treated and is oblivious to nuance.

I don't censor good or bad. Just Keyboard Science.
Ah, he pulled a Welly. Quoting out of context.

The Solutor

31 Aug 2011, 21:02

ripster wrote:Being precise and backing up your ridiculous contentions should be your concern.

Being precise calling a copy/pasta a photo you noticed thank to a my message at OCN is not exactly a good way to demonstrate some honesty.

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/1075 ... ard-2.html

The Solutor

31 Aug 2011, 21:07

itlnstln wrote: Ah, he pulled a Welly. Quoting out of context.

As you can see, no.

BTW I think ripster can live w/o a free attorney.

ripster

31 Aug 2011, 21:08

So, what are the circumstances behind that keyboard?

Citation?

Link?

The Solutor

31 Aug 2011, 21:13

Given my image is cropped and, after seeing it at OCN, you managed to find the uncropped one you must be aware about the circumstances and the link.

Elementary Ripster !!!

ripster

31 Aug 2011, 21:16

So you don't know the circumstances in which the keyboard was used?

Makes a big difference. As seen in my wiki.

The Solutor

31 Aug 2011, 21:22

ripster wrote:So you don't know the circumstances in which the keyboard was used?
In Italy we call your behavior mirror climbing.

Works in English too ?

itlnstln

31 Aug 2011, 21:25

Bro, nobody is saying that you're not right, but to throw a pic out there with no context and say everyone is wrong is a bad argument.

I can throw up a pic of a wrecked Volvo with a dead driver and say, "Bullshit, Volvo's aren't the world's safest cars." If you knew that the driver was drunk, that's a whole different argument.

The Solutor

31 Aug 2011, 21:30

itlnstln wrote:Image

Read the fucking links!!! I wrote at OCN that the keyboard was used in office environment for a couple of years.

Your client Ripster linked the original source in the wiki, and the link point to nowhere.

Deductions ?

itlnstln

31 Aug 2011, 21:36

There now, was that hard? The number of people, how often it was used, and their relative cleaning habits would be nice, but it is something to keep in mind. From my own experience, I would say that it looks like it was used in an extreme condition (something like a dumb-terminal where the keyboard gets passed around more than a cheap hooker) and that any keyboard short of having double-shots or dye-sub caps would look like that. It seems like we need an experiment.

ripster

31 Aug 2011, 21:45

It does?

Gotta fix that.

This is more common though. 3 year old one from a KNOWN source. Elitekeyboards when Filcos were cool.
Last edited by ripster on 31 Aug 2011, 21:49, edited 2 times in total.

The Solutor

31 Aug 2011, 21:46

itlnstln wrote:There now, was that hard? The number of people, how often it was used, and their relative cleaning habits would be nice, but it is something to keep in mind. From my own experience, I would say that it looks like it was used in an extreme condition (something like a dumb-terminal where the keyboard gets passed around more than a cheap hooker) and that any keyboard short of having double-shots or dye-sub caps would look like that. It seems like we need an experiment.
There's really little to demonstrate, everyone has a bit of experience on the IT knows that, even in hosptal receptions, or in the internet points a first price RD can last for ages with all the legends in places.

The filcos keycaps can't be called crap but surely aren't on par with the keyboard price, nor with the quality of the keycaps available in most of the competing mechanical keyboards.

Clear and simple.

ripster

31 Aug 2011, 21:50

I don't think keys get that much better until Topre range. $250-$350 in the good old USA.

My guitar fingernails are starting to gouge my PBT Laser Engraveds too. Must take pic sometime. That's what usually causes the Filco White Spots of Doom. Or excessive Masturbation.
Filco Spooge Damage.png
Filco Spooge Damage.png (14.13 KiB) Viewed 5833 times

sordna

31 Aug 2011, 22:11

A fellow fingerstyle guitarist! Hmm, my keyboards are worn pretty evenly, I don't really see the right half worn more due to the longer fingernails, but then again I'm using Kinesis contoured keyboards, so my nails hardly hit the keycaps (the "bowls" follow the curve of the finger as it bends). On flat keyboards, like my poker, my nails certainly hit the keycaps of the bottom rows. Please post a photo of those PBT keys sometime.

itlnstln

31 Aug 2011, 22:33

ripster wrote:I don't think keys get that much better until Topre range. $250-$350 in the good old USA.

My guitar fingernails are starting to gouge my PBT Laser Engraveds too. Must take pic sometime. That's what usually causes the Filco White Spots of Doom. Or excessive Masturbation.
Filco Spooge Damage.png
This is a good point. The days of Cherry double-shots are over. IBM/Unicomp keys always seem to be teetering on the edge of extinction as well. While I do agree with you, Solutor, that the caps are not what I would hope for on a $100+ keyboard, you are either going to have to go vintage or Topre to get high-quality caps. The KBC/Ducky caps are nice, but I guess they're not bulletproof either.

At this point, I have learned to lower my expectations. I'm happier now.

webwit
Wild Duck

31 Aug 2011, 22:44

I've considered it and processed the psychology behind it, and have come to the conclusion that ripster can't actually play the guitar. I challenge him to post a youtube video/whatever to prove the contrary.

webwit
Wild Duck

31 Aug 2011, 22:54

People are using an abundance of words here to state they need to get seriously laid. This is how I read this topic:
Ripster: I need to get laid.
The Solutor: I need to get laid.
Itlnstln: I need to get laid.
Perhaps we should start a separate topic for people with such a wish and see if it attracts some attention from the opposite (or equal) sex.

The Solutor

31 Aug 2011, 23:16

Webwit.

Correcting Ripster is not pleasurable like sex, but is still an healthy activity. :mrgreen:

P.S. it's "The Solutor", is meant to be misspelled correctly :lol:

itlnstln

01 Sep 2011, 13:18

webwit wrote:People are using an abundance of words here to state they need to get seriously laid. This is how I read this topic:
The Solutor: I need to get laid.
Itlnstln: I need to get laid.
Perhaps we should start a separate topic for people with such a wish and see if it attracts some attention from the opposite (or equal) sex.
You make a great point, so I got laid last night. Thanks for keeping things in perspective.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Sep 2011, 14:39

Did you tell her you got the idea from some guy on a mechanical keyboard forum?

itlnstln

01 Sep 2011, 14:50

No, I didn't read your post until this morning. The post wouldn't have come out the same if I didn't play with the timeline a little bit.

ripster

01 Sep 2011, 18:07

Pics or GTFO!
Pics or GTFO.jpeg
Pics or GTFO.jpeg (49.01 KiB) Viewed 5772 times

itlnstln

01 Sep 2011, 20:06

I'll send baby pics in a few months.

Just kidding. Birth control all the way.

ripster

11 Oct 2011, 17:16

martinmeijerink wrote:To me it's only a pro that this board lacks media keys...

FIxed!

At least in the Camo Edition.
FLA_3453.jpg
FLA_3453.jpg (164.14 KiB) Viewed 5712 times

I don't like the Media key volume step settings. Takes forever to get the volume up or down. My Griffen Powermate is much better.

And regarding the key quality argument is your spacebar shiny yet? These keys look HAWT - much better looking than the run of the mill lasered with infill.

itlnstln

11 Oct 2011, 17:32

The F key location sucks for volume control since you can't one-hand it. I hardly use the media keys on my Duckys. I do, OTOH, use the shortcut keys in the upper-right all the time. Those are handy.

ripster

11 Oct 2011, 18:48

Sorry, but I disagree. Haven't used those since Logitech rubber dome days.
5354876677_064420d328_z.jpg
5354876677_064420d328_z.jpg (238.9 KiB) Viewed 5703 times

Telstar

26 Oct 2011, 03:13

martinmeijerink wrote:To me it's only a pro that this board lacks media keys...
Also for me.
But it's a minus that it has the left windows key.

Telstar

26 Oct 2011, 03:16

I'm considering this board when i finally decide which switches i prefer...
nathanscribe wrote: The large keys have Filco stabilizers instead of Cherry ones, and although this makes keycap swapping more difficult, I much prefer the feel of these, and that's where it counts.
Could you list the keys that are not replaceable with Cherry ones (same ISO layout)?

Return to “Reviews”