Beware of MagicMeatball

dirge

23 Aug 2012, 19:59

Told Lin about deskthority and that we've discussed it here. Hope she finds her way over :)

Lin TaobaoAgent

23 Aug 2012, 20:20

Hi guys!

First off, you can call me she :lol:

I am too tired to write more today, but I can tell you the story tomorrow.
I should have copied the post i wrote.

Anyway, Here are the "before/after" pictures.

Before shipping. (do not mind the date, it is not set on the camera)
ImageImageImageImage

Pictures taken by MMB, links given to paypal, and of course copied by me.
ImageImageImage

Pictures taken at the post office, where I opened the package, with witnesses.

Keycaps gone, cable cut, the electric thing where you stick in the cable gone, and there were no screws holding it together, should i say "luckily", since it sounded like a rattle when i shook the package.

I will be happy to answer all questions tomorrow!

hq1ify

23 Aug 2012, 20:28

Lin, there's a copy of your GH topic on the previous page. Good luck and welcome to DT! Hopefully this won't happen again.

thegunner100

23 Aug 2012, 21:08

http://i.imgur.com/VNBgY.png

For some other interactions made between the two.

Brodawg

23 Aug 2012, 21:51

Sounds like you guys are only listening to one side of the story.

dirge

23 Aug 2012, 22:10

Brodawg wrote:Sounds like you guys are only listening to one side of the story.
You can't really fault us when the other side deletes all responses to the subject.

So 'something' happened between two forum members. So either:

1) Lin forged photo's accepting a keyboard at a post office.

2) Someone in between Lin and MMB removed the keycaps but didn't keep the whole board and allowed it to still get to Lin.

3) MMB kept the caps and said he didn't.

2 feels a little far fetched,.. keycap ninjas posing as post office workers?

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Aug 2012, 22:18

Pictures show the post office. So either the mailman opened the package, took the keycaps, cut the cable, and closed the package again, or Lin received it, and shipped the mutated board to herself for some nice pictures at the post office, as some kind of revenge, or MagicMeatball did ship the keyboard like that and is lying to everybody about it. If you want me to speculate, looks to me like the buyer expected a perfect, cleaned keyboard instead of a dirty vintage one, and when he found out after inspection, just tossed it in a package in some kind of rage. I do think a proxy service has some kind of responsibility of quality towards buyers when it concerns vintage, otherwise they are just taking money and if it's crap, the buyer cannot do anything about it. For example, I once bought something from Yahoo Japan with a shopping service, and received clearly damaged goods not as pictured, and the proxy just shipped and took commission. But whether expectations were realistic or not in this case, MagicMeatball should have shipped back the keyboard as it was, if he was not happy. Maybe there was some argument about who would pay the return fee, and the caps were taken? This is always a difficult issue.

hq1ify

23 Aug 2012, 22:28

Yeah right, Lin bringing up the case to lie, risking her business credibility.
We can and will judge this, just because it has been brought to the public.

Get some common sense.
What's the other side of the story? "I DID NOT" - phew.
So either keycaps hunting ninjas are real or the guy is full of shit.

Brodawg

23 Aug 2012, 22:35

hq1ify wrote:
Yeah right, Lin bringing up the case to lie, risking her business credibility.
We can and will judge this, just because it has been brought to the public.

Get some common sense.
What's the other side of the story? "I DID NOT" - phew.
So either keycaps hunting ninjas are real or the guy is full of shit.
You're pretty quick to judge and make big issues out of something that might be a misunderstanding. You don't know the facts, only what you have been presented. Why not let the two of them sort it out between each other instead of making a huge deal over such a small thing.

hq1ify

23 Aug 2012, 22:40

Brodawg wrote: it out between each other instead of making a huge deal over such a small thing.
You're right, sorry about that. I don't care enough to argue.

dirge

23 Aug 2012, 22:45

Brodawg wrote:instead of making a huge deal over such a small thing.
Reputation on these sites isn't a small thing really, Lin's dealing's pretty much depend on it on geekhack.

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Aug 2012, 22:47

But we have been presented as a fact that Meatball denied it.

Are you calling Lin a liar? You're pretty quick to judge her a liar. Why don't you let us make up your minds, instead of making a huge deal over our opinions (yes I know this argument is lame, which is the point).

RiGS

24 Aug 2012, 00:08

Brodawg wrote:Why not let the two of them sort it out between each other instead of making a huge deal over such a small thing.
Two of them???? You made the impression that you are MMB.

cactux

24 Aug 2012, 00:13

[Account and posts deleted on request]

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Aug 2012, 00:27

MagicMeatball's ip and Brodawg's ip almost match and resolve to the same isp and metro and area code. In other words, caught pants down trying to manipulate this topic.

RiGS

24 Aug 2012, 00:45

dirge wrote:
You can't really fault us when the other side deletes all responses to the subject.

So 'something' happened between two forum members. So either:

1) Lin forged photo's accepting a keyboard at a post office.

2) Someone in between Lin and MMB removed the keycaps but didn't keep the whole board and allowed it to still get to Lin.

3) MMB kept the caps and said he didn't.

2 feels a little far fetched,.. keycap ninjas posing as post office workers?
I have heard stories like that many times about the Hungarian post office. It could be possible that Chinese post office workers steal as well.

Brodawg

24 Aug 2012, 00:51

webwit wrote:MagicMeatball's ip and Brodawg's ip almost match and resolve to the same isp and metro and area code. In other words, caught pants down trying to manipulate this topic.
Nobody is manipulating anything. Stating people should hear both sides of a story isn't manipulation. You should get your terminology correct before accusing someone.

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 00:52

Mmm... and the plot thickens! Thank you, Webwit, for allowing this discussion to go on instead of being censored like back at GH.

cactux

24 Aug 2012, 00:53

Last edited by cactux on 24 Aug 2012, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Aug 2012, 00:54

Why not let the two of them sort it out
Them? You are MM. That is manipulation with a sockpuppet.

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 00:54

cactux wrote:Everybody knows that most of the guys at GH are interested on the keycaps.
That story that either the mail man or someone else in China took the keycaps does not fly
Most geekhackers don't buy vintage keyboards to use them either.

cactux

24 Aug 2012, 00:56

Brodawg

24 Aug 2012, 00:56

thegunner100 wrote:
cactux wrote:Everybody knows that most of the guys at GH are interested on the keycaps.
That story that either the mail man or someone else in China took the keycaps does not fly
Typical DTard trolling.

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 00:57

Brodawg wrote:
thegunner100 wrote:
Typical DTard trolling.
Quick to go on personal attacks, eh?

Brodawg

24 Aug 2012, 00:58

thegunner100 wrote:
Quick to go on personal attacks, eh?
About as quick as you are to jump on as many troll post as possible, it seems.

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Aug 2012, 01:00

Where are the counter arguments? You could have argued she is just a commercial dealer or something and that quality was below par etc. Instead you employ a sockpuppet and start calling people "dtards". If she was lying, I would have defended my ass off.

Brodawg

24 Aug 2012, 01:09

webwit wrote:Where are the counter arguments? You could have argued she is just a commercial dealer or something and that quality was below par etc. Instead you employ a sockpuppet and start calling people "dtards". If she was lying, I would have defended my ass off.
They were stated in the forum on GH by both side before it was decided to take it all down. I guess you missed that part.

There's no difference in saying 'DTards' and generalizing the masses at GH as people who 'only buy keyboards for keycaps' or 'don't buy vintage keyboards to use them'. I find this hilarious, and typical of what I have seen when a flame topic begins. Everyone is quick to jump into the angry mob, yet nobody has the sense to listen to reason.

litster

24 Aug 2012, 01:12

I was about to say, most of the time when I buy used (non-NIB) Cherry keyboards, I buy them for their keycaps. It is interesting that someone would go through all the trouble to buy a used Cherry keyboard on taobao in China using an agent, and didn't have the caps pulled and have just the caps shipped. That would have been a lot cheaper to ship. That's what I would do anyway. But that's just me.

BTW, what kind of Cherry keyboard is that? Are those dye sub or DS Ctrl and Alt keycaps? If I were to buy that keyboard, I would only be buying it for the Ctrl and Alt caps, not the old dirty keyboard. Was the price of the keyboard mentioned anywhere?

litster

24 Aug 2012, 01:15

Litster wants to know if Brodawg is MagicMeatball.

Litster asks Brodawg, do you dispute webwit's claim that you are MagicMeatball? It is kind of weird to be chatting with someone in 3rd person voice.

JesuswasaZombie

24 Aug 2012, 01:17

thegunner100 wrote:
I resent that comment, talk about over-generalizing. (typed on an SSK)

Return to “Off-topic”