Cool, small things to lasercut?

Miko

10 Jun 2015, 20:04

I'm going to a fablab (like a hackerspace, but different) next tuesday and get a ergodox case made with a lasercutter. I still have some space on the desings and wondered if you have ideas how i could use that space. I'ts multiples times 12x8 cm².

Findecanor

10 Jun 2015, 20:40

12×8 cm! That would be enough for a numeric keypad.

Maybe making boxes for Teensys or Arduino Pro Micros for active adapters with the right holes for panel-mounted DIN plugs. You might save a lot of material if you used interlocking parts instead of layers. There are examples of laser-cut interlocking acrylic or wood cases for Raspberry Pi.

Laser-cut acrylic is also great for display stands for various collectibles and other trinkets.

Miko

10 Jun 2015, 21:29

Findecanor wrote: You might save a lot of material if you used interlocking parts instead of layers.
That's why i try this
this.png
this.png (1.47 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
instead of two times that:
that.png
that.png (1.7 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
But, as you can see, still lots of waste, esp. since I only pay for the material.

I think I'll combine a display stand a raspberry pi case. My CAD skils are low hope it will fit.

Miko

11 Jun 2015, 18:39

Doh! I ordered the Acryl for 29€. Now The invoice is asking for 250€. I hope that wasn't my mistake.

Return to “Off-topic”