Show me your best keyboard-related wallpaper!

scottc

22 Jan 2014, 02:51

Here's my current one:

And another nice IBM shot for good luck:

Let's see if anyone has any nice ones. :mrgreen:

I found both of these on some wallpaper website some time ago (not sure which one) so I wouldn't know who to give credit to.

mr_a500

22 Jan 2014, 03:28

Back when I was using a small screen in BeOS, I used this as my wallpaper:

(photo of my Kaypro II)

Later, in higher resolution, I used this:
(photo of my IBM 3278)

...but now I don't use keyboard wallpaper because I can actually use the 3278 keyboard and I can look at it all I want while I type.

kps

22 Jan 2014, 18:29

scottc wrote:I found both of these on some wallpaper website some time ago (not sure which one) so I wouldn't know who to give credit to.
The original photos (1, 2) are by Marcin Wichary. You should see an unobtrusive credit line in one corner, and (if your source didn't strip it) a Flickr URL in the EXIF data. He has taken many good vintage-computer photos that have been wallpaperized, and I recommend browsing the non-keyboard ones as well.

(I did the crops to desktop sizes. In retrospect I perhaps should have made the credit lines more prominent, but I didn't want them to intrude on the beauty of the photos.)

scottc

22 Jan 2014, 18:32

Oh, great! Thanks, I never noticed those. I'm pretty sure I got them off of one of the usual wallpaper sites, wallbase or 4walled or something. There are some very cool vintage-computer photos there too, thanks a lot for sharing. :)

mr_a500

22 Jan 2014, 19:23

I've just been looking at some of Marcin Wichary's computer photos and there's some interesting stuff there.

This keyboard was in a video I just saw yesterday:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

24 Jan 2014, 14:26

o2dazone's hhkb pictures are nice.

M'er Forever

25 Jan 2014, 07:41

[Account and posts deleted on request]
Attachments
Grey-IBM-Logo-on-Model-M.jpg
Grey-IBM-Logo-on-Model-M.jpg (1003.61 KiB) Viewed 2588 times
Last edited by M'er Forever on 25 Jan 2014, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

M'er Forever

25 Jan 2014, 07:48

[Account and posts deleted on request]
Attachments
DSC_0735.jpg
DSC_0735.jpg (812.55 KiB) Viewed 2587 times

Return to “Off-topic”