Cherry G81-3000SAT

photekq
Cherry Picker

02 Apr 2015, 11:48

These pictures aren't too great, as my two regular lighting setups struggled to properly light the beautiful blue side legends. I'll try and take some better pictures in the future, but wanted to share these for the time being. They really do not do those blue legends justice.

I've been actively searching for a G81-3004SAT for over a year now with no luck.

A while ago scottc found a few of these G81-3000SATs brand new in their boxes. Thanks to him I was able to successfully end my search! Also thanks to him a Cherry mystery has been solved.

Until he found those boards, the only known Cherry keyboard with Czech dyesubs was that Peacock branded G81-3004SAT. However, last year user danville (응삼) on otd.kr posted this photo. I saw it and wondered which keyboard the keycaps came from. They looked very similar to the G81-3004SAT, although the Czech legends were a bit different, and there were extra legends on some of the alphas. I asked around a bit and it turned out the user found the keycaps on their own, with no keyboard. Nobody knew which keyboard they were from. They were known as 'Peacock special' keycaps.

Then scottc found these keyboards - the first G81-3000SATs to be found by an enthusiast. Mystery solved, thanks Scott ;)

Anyway, here are the pictures. The board is just a standard G81-3000 with black MY switches (this is the first time I've tried them NIB - they're actually quite nice!). The keycaps are thick PBT dye-sublimated. The side legends are also dye-sublimated.

I have two ages - F17 and F37. F17 has green 'Sys Rq', while F37 is black. Everything else is the same as far as I can tell.

Last edited by photekq on 02 Apr 2015, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

02 Apr 2015, 11:52

Nice. :)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Apr 2015, 11:52

very nice photekq. Another rare Cherry picked! The pictures are fine.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

02 Apr 2015, 12:00

wow!

HzFaq

02 Apr 2015, 12:17

Nice.

scottc

02 Apr 2015, 12:25

You're welcome! Nice photos. :)

mm87

02 Apr 2015, 15:24

Nice pics :]

Big thanks to scottc and photekq for hooking me up and ending my search as well.
As a Czech I couldn't be more happy :]

Madhias
BS TORPE

02 Apr 2015, 16:43

Two is one too much :)

Nice pictures as always... but remove that border! What comes next? HDR? Nooo! Just joking, if you like it, why not.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Apr 2015, 16:49

see I had not even noticed the border! It's more photo album that way.

Stabilized

02 Apr 2015, 17:29

Madhias wrote: Nice pictures as always... but remove that border! What comes next? HDR? Nooo! Just joking, if you like it, why not.
I think we can all agree that what is really needed is a nice big water mark ;)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

02 Apr 2015, 18:21

Are cherry MY switches linear or tactile?

Nice pictures!

scottc

02 Apr 2015, 18:26

I have to agree about the NIB MYs, they're actually not bad at all. Actually pretty good! But I've got a newer G81-3000LMDE and it's absolutely horrible.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

02 Apr 2015, 19:06

There are two kinds of MY switches.
The vintage ones (black slider), as in the photo above, are indeed quite nice to type on.
The newer ones (white slider) are just horrible.

scottc

02 Apr 2015, 19:09

Huh, interesting. Thank you kbdfr. I had thought it was just from the boards being worn.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

02 Apr 2015, 19:16

Compare vintage version:

against newer version:

Madhias
BS TORPE

02 Apr 2015, 20:18

kbdfr wrote: There are two kinds of MY switches.
The vintage ones (black slider), as in the photo above, are indeed quite nice to type on.
The newer ones (white slider) are just horrible.
Interesting! I got recently this old G81 keyboard with a label printer, and I was actually surprised about those switches. It didn't feel that bad at all. This model also has the black switches. I was not sure to say something about those switches, in a mechanical keyboard forum... :oops:

photekq
Cherry Picker

02 Apr 2015, 21:03

Although I must say, I have tried used black MYs before and they were also pretty awful. It seems they react badly to dust and so on.

jamesTY

24 Aug 2016, 09:02

would u wanna sell one, mail 632433@qq.com

Return to “Gallery”