IBM model F AT, nordic layout, golden logo

macmakkara

06 May 2015, 08:39

Thats norway. There are 2 Nordic layout SWE/fi and norway then there is universal ones like that onnthose ATs
Last edited by macmakkara on 06 May 2015, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

06 May 2015, 08:40

Yeah, just arrived to the same conclusion by myself. Thanks for explaining though!

Khers

06 May 2015, 08:45

Well the thing is that the four different nordic languages covered by a conventional nordic layout use different letters. Where the last three letters in the Swedish and Finnish alphabet is å, ä and ö, they are å, æ and ø in Danish and Norwegian. To further complicate things, the Norwegian and Danish layout shifts the position of æ and ø between them. The layout you show above is therefore a Danish and the only thing (afaik) to differentiate it from the Norwegian is the position of æ and ø... But the one you have is Swedish/Finnish and therefore "Nordic" if not pan-nordic :)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

06 May 2015, 08:49

Yeah, I already heard about that shift between Danish and Norwegian. That's kind of ridiculous, why did they do this?

Khers

06 May 2015, 08:57

I don't know. Given that they are on the same row, what's even weirder is that pan-nordic layout keyboards have legends for both layouts... Also on keyboards that ship with a keypuller, such as Ducky...

Return to “Gallery”