Post your keyboard/keycaps!

chzel

21 May 2015, 22:24

I thought G81 had nubs on F,J?
Anyhow, the caps are beautiful!

photekq
Cherry Picker

21 May 2015, 22:25

chzel wrote: I thought G81 had nubs on F,J?
Anyhow, the caps are beautiful!
Nah, G80 and G81 caps are identical :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 May 2015, 22:27

Nice pics and keyboard! I love the first one, with the dark blue background. Wondering were you always get those NIB Cherries.

photekq
Cherry Picker

21 May 2015, 22:28

Madhias wrote: Nice pics and keyboard! I love the first one, with the dark blue background. Wondering were you always get those NIB Cherries.
Just some quick shots. I'll try and take some nicer ones when I have some time..

I get them from all over.. This one came from reddit! :o

xauser

25 May 2015, 16:26

I created another hhkb killer yesterday. Took me about 8 hours to finish everything.

Specs:
tex case
nerd 60 pcb
lubed cherry mx reds
gon plate (black)
sip sockets
red leds
tmk firmware
black (not printed) pbt caps
Spoiler:
texnerd60-1-small.jpg
texnerd60-1-small.jpg (36.4 KiB) Viewed 20627 times
texnerd60-2-small.jpg
texnerd60-2-small.jpg (40.33 KiB) Viewed 20627 times

janvkn

25 May 2015, 16:42

I had some time (and proper light) this weekend to take some pictures of my keyboards. Just thought I'd share them here. All pics are taken with the camera of my humble OnePlus One. Enjoy :)

Poker II with Ivan's GMK Dolch (and an EliteKeyboards red escape)

More here: http://imgur.com/a/cebaq

Filco Majestouch 2 with Hack'd by Geeks SA:

More here: http://imgur.com/a/bQFvl

Filco Majestouch 2 with Ivan's black-on-black dyesub PBT set:

Cherry G80-3000 with Skull Squadron DSA, and a stepped capslock/control key snatched from my DSA Dolch set:

More here: http://imgur.com/a/OATmE

scottc

25 May 2015, 16:49

xauser wrote: I created another hhkb killer yesterday. Took me about 8 hours to finish everything.
Very nice indeed, but it's not a HHKB killer for me until it has the split shift and backspace. ;)

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 16:52

Yup. Needs the function layer and the Topre goodness!

The G80-3000 looks good. If I'd seen that picture a few days earlier, I would have likely joined the recent GB for NIB boards.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

25 May 2015, 16:58

xauser wrote: I created another hhkb killer yesterday. Took me about 8 hours to finish everything.

Specs:
tex case
nerd 60 pcb
lubed cherry mx reds
gon plate (black)
sip sockets
red leds
tmk firmware
black (not printed) pbt caps
Spoiler:
texnerd60-1-small.jpg
texnerd60-2-small.jpg
Nice board ;)
You should one day make a thread on how to get TMK on a NerD ;) I think a lot of people would be interested on how this can be done.

xauser

25 May 2015, 17:02

scottc wrote:
Very nice indeed, but it's not a HHKB killer for me until it has the split shift and backspace. ;)
Thanks. Split backspace is a big no go for me. I thought about the split right shift twice but I prefere to have my fn/meta keys on left hand and my second layer keys on right hand. So there is no need for me to have a fn key on right hand. Another thing is that I like to have that stabilizer on back space and righ shift.
Muirium wrote:Yup. Needs the function layer and the Topre goodness!
Sure it has function layer. That's where tmk kicks in. Space and caps are meta keys and that gets me to speed.

Topre keys, yes I miss them.

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 17:13

Sure it has *a* function layer. But the HHKB function layer is the one to rule them all… for me anyway.

xauser

25 May 2015, 17:21

Muirium wrote: Sure it has *a* function layer. But the HHKB function layer is the one to rule them all… for me anyway.
;) Ok, I see it's getting religious now. I do a lot of vi coding and hhkb layout is not for me. I'm currently using this layout

https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/ ... 0_xauser.c

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 17:25

Religious? The word is preference.

snoopy

29 May 2015, 17:22

Couldn't resist:

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

29 May 2015, 17:25

@spoopy
Damn you love to make people drool over your kishies don't you... The only clack I want is a black BS one...

Oh weeel. I am going to relish jealousy soon, very soon...

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

29 May 2015, 20:14

Snoopy, look, I need that clack, gief it to meh!

davkol

30 May 2015, 23:24

…and now for something completely different. My ErgoDox.

• Bottom row is, eh, inverted bottom-row Cherry.
  • Upper thumb keys are extra-tall function-row OEM keycaps from a vintage Chicony keyboard. The upper row of them is inverted for easier access with middle/index fingers (my thumbs can't reach there anyway). I'd like to replace them by thick PBT/POM Cherry F-row keycaps, if such things exist and are available.
  • Alphas are Cherry. Making all eight home keys scooped would be neat.
  • Sculpted 1.5x keycaps are winkeyless bottom-row modifiers from vintage OEM keyboards (BTC and Chicony I think). The remaining 1.5x keycaps are DSA. This is the only part that really bothers me, because the home-row caps are a tad bit too tall, and the upper rows are too sculpted or not tall enough. Good thing I don't use them all that much, and at least the bottom-row caps (Shifts) are more or less perfect.

jou

02 Jun 2015, 11:55

This thing just arrived 8-)
IMG_0539.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg (201.64 KiB) Viewed 20370 times

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

02 Jun 2015, 15:24

Good for you Jou!

F122 with really odd keys/ Kinda like APL but blue legends?

jou

02 Jun 2015, 16:07

It's a IBM 6110344 from a IBM 3270 PC. I bid on the whole system with Screen, the terminal and an extra XT for spare parts, but only took the keyboard since I don't want to drive 3h to pick it up and I don't have space for it anyways.

The keys where the terminal layout differs from ANSI has the ANSI legend printed in blue, e.g. "| 1" has "!" printed in blue. That's probably due to the machine it came with can also work as a DOS PC.

There are also a lot of caps with side prints.

jou

04 Jun 2015, 17:49

Finished basic cleaning and USB conversion of my F122 battleship yesterday night and took it to the office today to take it for a spin
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg (268.23 KiB) Viewed 20286 times
It's my first buckling spring (I found an unused Model M2 in the corner of my school's computer room once and took it home but that was 15 years ago and it broke several months after me using it so I hardly remember how it felt) and I must say it feels awesome.

But unfortunately, it's definitely not compatible with open plan offices…

andrewjoy

04 Jun 2015, 17:52

looks nice !

A model F is not that loud , i use an SSK in an open office and its fine. Thinking i may bring in my 122 tho :)

snoopy

04 Jun 2015, 18:01

andrewjoy wrote: looks nice !

A model F is not that loud , i use an SSK in an open office and its fine. Thinking i may bring in my 122 tho :)
My workmates would kill me if I bring a ssk or model f to work... They already think my realforce is loud.

jou

04 Jun 2015, 18:20

I didn't get any complaints yet, but I do get weird looks and people wearing headphones whenever I pick up speed :-)

There are 10 other people in this room and some of them needs to be on the phone with clients every now and then, so I don't want to impose this on them. I'll try the floss mod and dampening the back plate when I ANSI convert it and see if that brings the noise down to an acceptable level without sacrificing too much awesomeness…

chzel

06 Jun 2015, 20:13

GON's Nerd60 with custom plate and DSA Dolch

scottc

06 Jun 2015, 20:37

chzel wrote: GON's Nerd60 with custom plate and DSA Dolch
Looks like your attachment image is broken. Fix it quick, I'm excited to see it. :D

chzel

06 Jun 2015, 20:40

Funny, I see it on my side...
Anyhow, I attached it again!
DSC_1048.jpg
DSC_1048.jpg (693.32 KiB) Viewed 20193 times

scottc

06 Jun 2015, 21:13

Nice! I like it. Is the plate painted white?

chzel

06 Jun 2015, 21:16

No, it's the slightly "brushed" stainless steel reflecting the light. The flash was bounced off the ceiling, and my walls are beige-ish, so it takes a warm tint.

scottc

06 Jun 2015, 21:24

Oh wow! Yeah, I can see that clearly now. I saw the horizontal brush marks in the steel I and mistook them for paint lines. That would look so good in a silver-coloured aluminium case!

Nice case, by the way. I just got the same one yesterday.

Return to “Gallery”