FAULTY POKER 2?

fart_toast

05 Dec 2013, 22:24

Hi forums,

I just purchased a new ISO UK Poker 2 of of Amazon. My problem is that the Left (and only) win key LED does not light up. I have checked the manual and done a factory reset so I don't think that I have it in any weird mode.

If it's a case of a faulty LED i'm not too bothered as I can solder a new one in in the future...I plan on doing different coloured LED mods in the future anyway.

BUT, is there any chance that it may be a fault with the PCB? Is that a possibility...that would mean that even if I decide to put a new LED in the it won't light up EVER!

Thoughts please people?

I haven't modified keyboards before but build electric guitars and plan to put some MX GREENS and varying LED sections in here with some PBT caps when I source some ISO ones.

PICTURE:Image

http://imgur.com/V5ukjmU

fart_toast

05 Dec 2013, 23:03

I've figured this out....it is normal for it to not be on. This key serves a secondary purpose of being a Caps lock key with the dip switches activated. It is not green like the rest of the backlights but is white like the programming LED's

adhoc

10 Dec 2013, 22:43

May I ask where you got a ISO poker 2? I can't seem to find it.

Chanc3

12 Dec 2013, 11:10

On Amazon.co.uk, have most of the ISO layouts, here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... r+keyboard

adhoc

12 Dec 2013, 16:13

Yeah I found it later on on German's amazon, I only looked at USA's previously (my country doesn't have a dedicated Amazon, so we're just obligated to search ALL Of them it seems).

I went and ordered a HHKBP2 from EK now anyway. Maybe some time in the future, if Topre turn out to be garbage to me ( seriously used to blues, but we'll see ).

Muirium
µ

12 Dec 2013, 17:02

The HHKB and Poker may be similar in size, but there's a world of difference between them in quality. Besides, an HHKB is always easy to sell over here in Europe.

adhoc

12 Dec 2013, 17:22

It damn better should be, considering the price...there's that + I'm really anxious to feel what it feels like to type on a "cloud of boobs".

Muirium
µ

12 Dec 2013, 17:55

I'm told (by the Lord High Keeper of the Wiki, the Honourable Beardsmore, no less) that "cloud of boobs" is the kind of praise kept for silky smooth linear keyboards, not Topre. But the week I spent with a Realforce could have fooled me. It's a wonderfully light typing experience.

Return to “Gallery”