Guess the key-caps :)

Peter

28 Mar 2013, 16:56

I've had these for some time, but have no idea what specific purpose they are for :
My guess is : A conversion-kit for/to some IBM terminal-board.
bigbluepuller.jpg
bigbluepuller.jpg (284.19 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
There are 30-something caps/stems in the 'full' set, they may be Unicomp-made, but not certain about that ..

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Apr 2013, 02:19

IBM had official conversion kits too for terminal keyboards, including that keycap puller.

cookie

04 Apr 2013, 10:28

Man IBM was really foresighted haha :D
Nice find!

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

05 Apr 2013, 19:47

I have a similar set of keys from clickykeyboards.com as the OP has. They're the sort of legends to the ones you'd find on IBM 3270 terminal keyboards.

Webwit's ones are a bit more interesting. The legends are not standard IBM terminal ones, however one of IBM's terminal lines (the 3151 series) could emulate the terminals of some of IBM's competitors. Some of the keys there, such as Compose Character, Hold Screen, the "Gold" key, and the F keys up to F20 are consistent with what you'd see on a DEC LK keyboard. It's hard to know whether the keys were intended for a 3151 terminal, or a PC running terminal emulation software.

Peter

06 Apr 2013, 12:33

Right, clickykeyboards is where I got them, the last set they had .
Couldn't remember what they sold them as or what I paid for them, just that it wasn't much, ..
Can't say the same about the 2 model M's that came with the caps, shipping, customs and 25% VAT is a fun-killer :shock:

Nice Blue-Box webwit, think I saw it once on that other site ?

Return to “Gallery”