23 Jul 2012, 23:09

Where did you get the jp keycaps from?

jdcarpe

23 Jul 2012, 23:19

Amazon.co.jp :D

fossala
Elite +1

23 Jul 2012, 23:24

Is it possible for you too share some links?

jdcarpe

23 Jul 2012, 23:48

Sure, here is the link to the keycaps...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B004U8IVPE

You can get the case from EK.

guilleguillaume

24 Jul 2012, 00:15

It's nice to see that some people is getting the HHKB Pro JP too :mrgreen:

mSSM

24 Jul 2012, 03:00

But Amazon Japan doesn't ship to Europe, or do they?

Topre Enthusiast

24 Jul 2012, 03:53

Depends on the item (and the seller as it's not always Amazon) but generally not.
You can use a forwarding service such as Tenso for items that they won't ship overseas.

fossala
Elite +1

24 Jul 2012, 09:07

Will the shift from a jp set work on a hhkb? Can you get blank sets?

guilleguillaume

24 Jul 2012, 12:06

fossala wrote:Will the shift from a jp set work on a hhkb? Can you get blank sets?
The LShift is smaller than the standard shift used in the HHKB Pro 2 so the answer is not. It will fit but there will be some spare room between keys.

If you're refering to the standard JP Topre set then yes, the RShift fits on the placement of the HHKB Pro 2. In fact they're te same key in size and profile.

fossala
Elite +1

24 Jul 2012, 12:29

guilleguillaume wrote:
fossala wrote:Will the shift from a jp set work on a hhkb? Can you get blank sets?
The LShift is smaller than the standard shift used in the HHKB Pro 2 so the answer is not. It will fit but there will be some spare room between keys.

If you're refering to the standard JP Topre set then yes, the RShift fits on the placement of the HHKB Pro 2. In fact they're te same key in size and profile.
Thanks, just what I needed to know.
Does anyone know if you can get them blank?

jdcarpe

24 Jul 2012, 13:59

According to the wiki, no, the JP sets only come in sublimation, not blank. I found mine by following the wiki, here:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Realforce#Full_Sets

You're looking for the JIS sets. I clicked on the Availability link to the far right of the table, and was taken to coneco.net. Followed the links there to get to Amazon.co.jp. Deskthority wiki is helpful!

And let me thank 002 for the info regarding Tenso.com. It's somewhat confusing at first, but well worth the effort. That was the only way I was able to purchase these items from Japanese sellers. Shipping from Japan was somewhat pricey, but FAST! I usually receive my items within a week of placing the original order with the seller, using EMS from Tenso.

fossala
Elite +1

24 Jul 2012, 14:07

How much was the shipping?

jdcarpe

24 Jul 2012, 15:41

For me, it was about $50 for a 1.28 Kg package for their "service fee" plus EMS shippping, based upon weight. Here is a link to their fee schedule: http://www.tenso.com/en/guide/fee/index.html

But that wasn't for ONLY the keycaps...

huttala

25 Jul 2012, 16:00

Dat space.. Isn't it hard to use it?

And the keys around space, what are they used for ?

The board looks pimp anyway tho! :)

Topre Enthusiast

25 Jul 2012, 23:15

jdcarpe wrote:I found mine by following the wiki, here:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Realforce#Full_Sets

You're looking for the JIS sets. I clicked on the Availability link to the far right of the table, and was taken to coneco.net. Followed the links there to get to Amazon.co.jp. Deskthority wiki is helpful!
Ahh the fruits of my labour :)
I'll have to go through all these links at some stage to make sure everything is still valid. I know some of the older Realforce models are starting to disappear now.

Trent

27 Jul 2012, 15:00

Not a huge fan of the blue, but the more I see a HHKB, the more I want one... It is a really bad side effect to them! Too bad that they have an idiotic price tag.

dirge

27 Jul 2012, 15:06

If that had a \| next to a short left shift it would be my perfect keyboard. It will never exist however... :(

longweight
key-bored

27 Jul 2012, 15:08

Where in the UK are you Dirge?

fossala
Elite +1

27 Jul 2012, 15:10

It says in his profile, Newcastle.

longweight
key-bored

27 Jul 2012, 15:12

Ah ok!