Post your desktop.

mSSM

06 May 2013, 00:03

Is that a NAS on the right?

Acanthophis

06 May 2013, 02:28

mj45 wrote:My home IMac setup with my current favorite Realforce 87u 55g.
Dat wall paper...

mj45

06 May 2013, 04:57

mSSM wrote:Is that a NAS on the right?
Yes a Drobo FS, I do a lot of video & digital photo editing. It lets me work with any of my other computers on my LAN for main file storage, photo archives, video projects, etc.

Okeg

07 May 2013, 13:46

Someone might find this; "evolution of a setup" interesting.
it follows my journey from being a gamer until I become a geek.
Here; http://imgur.com/a/HZyXQ

BimboBB

07 May 2013, 14:03

Did you quit playing games!? :(

Okeg

07 May 2013, 14:33

BimboBB wrote:Did you quit playing games!? :(
yes, I grew away from quake 2. But it is still(imho) the best game ever! I also played alot of doom, and the other quake games.
EDIT: I played quake with the trackball for a while.

Trev

07 May 2013, 14:37

Nice setup. That Kmac Mini looked pretty badass too. The case on it seems pretty high. Was it an issue for typing?
I've still never tried a proper trackball.

Muirium
µ

07 May 2013, 15:01

Acanthophis wrote:
Dat wall paper...
Yeah, it's a good 'un. Apple-like, but not in the OS X set. I should know: I collect all of them. Every new big cat brings new backgrounds (also inside the slideshow screen savers like National Geographic) but drops old ones. I remedy that by backing them up myself. Got a nice not-so-little library that way.

BimboBB

07 May 2013, 15:11

Okeg wrote:
BimboBB wrote:Did you quit playing games!? :(
EDIT: I played quake with the trackball for a while.
Wow...quake with trackball must be quite hardcore. :D I used to use a trackball during 286/386 times when there wasnt so many games from ego perspective, but cannot imagine to go back to trackball nowadays. However still loves them.
Muirium wrote:
Acanthophis wrote:
Dat wall paper...
Yeah, it's a good 'un. Apple-like, but not in the OS X set. I should know: I collect all of them. Every new big cat brings new backgrounds (also inside the slideshow screen savers like National Geographic) but drops old ones. I remedy that by backing them up myself. Got a nice not-so-little library that way.
Guess the paper on the actual wall (behind display) was meant. Thats really oldschool one. :D

Muirium
µ

07 May 2013, 15:24

BimboBB wrote:Guess the paper on the actual wall (behind display) was meant. Thats really oldschool one. :D
Ah! My bad. If I could have computer displays for walls, I would.

Grond

12 May 2013, 11:45

My modest setup.

Okeg

14 May 2013, 17:35

Grond wrote:My modest setup.

What's that small IBM thing?

Grond

15 May 2013, 09:46

Just a 2TB Lacie hard disk with a old IBM badge on it. ;)

vun

15 May 2013, 15:33

New setup, my computer to the left and the girlfriend's on the right.

Before the move I had a desk like this

So I've got a bit less room than I'm used to.
Currently trying to work another monitor in there without hogging too much space as well as trying to find a way to hide more of the cables.

ماء

15 May 2013, 16:28

Gilgam wrote:@MisterInterface :F7 is a much use shortcut on a professionnal software i use. And it helps to find 6, 8 and so on :-)

4th desktop
work @home
bureau3.jpg
Ubuntu, and False Industrial ( case from Unicomp, on a customizer), and Cherry terminal.

5th Desktop
Work @ work
bureau4.jpg
Very bad color sorry.
Windows xp and my favorite board: g80-1000 modded in ghetto red/blues/vintage blacks, painted in gray (julien' painting but an Epic fail i have to do it once again with a better recipe). And CST Trackball, very nice.
your left handed gilgam with mouse trackball in left side :lol:

Internet

24 May 2013, 21:47

Some nerdery from me.
Special Filco, ALPS white for mac, transparent finish, ISO/JP layout. That ADB cable to the keyboard is actually from my earliest computing days with my Macintosh SE, now connected to a MP 8core.
Attachments
desktop-internet
desktop-internet
desktop-DSCN4169-optim2.jpg (287.35 KiB) Viewed 6581 times

Paranoid

24 May 2013, 22:32

I saw that keyboard a while back here or on GH, prety nice :) What kind of mouse is that btw? It looks really awesome!
And is that paper or a dust cover over your wacom?

Internet

24 May 2013, 22:48

Paranoid wrote:I saw that keyboard a while back here or on GH, prety nice :) What kind of mouse is that btw? It looks really awesome!
Thanks!
It is the scope node wireless mouse.
The wacom, it is actually a trick I have invented, because of the bad design decision to use a combination of smooth and gloss plastic on these wacoms, your hand will not have constant move over the pad while drawing, so I take a sheet of A2 paper and wrap around to get a better consistent surface. In this case there is a tracing paper on it, but you could use any...

vun

25 May 2013, 12:40

Internet wrote:
Paranoid wrote:I saw that keyboard a while back here or on GH, prety nice :) What kind of mouse is that btw? It looks really awesome!
Thanks!
It is the scope node wireless mouse.
The wacom, it is actually a trick I have invented, because of the bad design decision to use a combination of smooth and gloss plastic on these wacoms, your hand will not have constant move over the pad while drawing, so I take a sheet of A2 paper and wrap around to get a better consistent surface. In this case there is a tracing paper on it, but you could use any...
I found that wearing a fingerless glove or an arm warmer works great for negating the surface issue with my Intuos3, although I might have to try some tracing paper now to see how that works compared to wearing a glove.

Retrete

25 May 2013, 17:43

Don´t have a proper camera, mobile phone looks like shit,but at least works...
This is how I organized the room in order to use the "terminal" w/o problems, right now writing with it 8-)

Paranoid

26 May 2013, 18:23

Haha that's awesome man :D nice job! Any plans of putting the hardware in the housing or is that not possible?

Retrete

26 May 2013, 19:41

Paranoid wrote:Haha that's awesome man :D nice job! Any plans of putting the hardware in the housing or is that not possible?
Of course is possible, the main problem is my gpu, always failing and I need to "repair" it again and again. Opening that monster twice a week... no please :shock:

After buying a new gpu (hope that action takes part In a long long future), I'll def try it.

Okeg

26 May 2013, 20:07

Retrete wrote:Don´t have a proper camera, mobile phone looks like shit,but at least works...
This is how I organized the room in order to use the "terminal" w/o problems, right now writing with it 8-)
Damn, audio and terminals. You're so lucky to score that at your university. Btw, have you considered adding a mouse-feature "inside" the terminal?

Retrete

26 May 2013, 20:24

Okeg wrote:
Retrete wrote:Don´t have a proper camera, mobile phone looks like shit,but at least works...
Damn, audio and terminals. You're so lucky to score that at your university. Btw, have you considered adding a mouse-feature "inside" the terminal?
Use some keys as a mouse no?

Okeg

26 May 2013, 20:42

Yea, mousekeys. Or maybe try out vimperator for firefox?
Whatever floats your boat, I tend to stay away from the rat(mouse) :p

7bit

08 Jun 2013, 13:20

I know it looks really ancient, but that's how it is:

t!ng
Awake Sheep

08 Jun 2013, 14:23

I like your retro desktop! I also like the futuro tipro, but I hate the shifted apha rows. A question: Do the Blacks in your Tipro also feel different than "modern" Blacks? Modern blacks seem to "schürfen" a bit more. The Tipro blacks are more soft and silent.

Another question:
How to get to work the two keys near caps lock and enter? Those consist usually of one large key and I would like to make two seperate out of them. How did you do it?
Last edited by t!ng on 08 Jun 2013, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

08 Jun 2013, 14:27

t!ng wrote:I like your retro desktop! I also like the futuro tipro, but I hate the shifted apha rows. A question: Do the Blacks in your Tipro also feel different than "modern" Blacks? Modern blacks seem to "schürfen" a bit more. The Tipro blacks are more soft and silent.
The vintage blacks are smooth, the more recent ones are scratchy. Same for red stems, BTW.

If you compare vintage blacks to recent ones you can feel the difference at the slider.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

08 Jun 2013, 14:29

Scratchy was the word - yes. Interesting. That is why I enjoy the Tipro more than other MX Black boards.

Retrete

10 Jun 2013, 02:56

My room looking like an ibm factory hahaha

Return to “Gallery”