rrrghgh. :x

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

23 Jul 2014, 12:43

the old man the boats! :maverick:

Hypersphere

23 Jul 2014, 19:30

Muirium wrote: Image
LoVe that Fun Fun FoNt! But it's too bad I don't speak Hungarian.

Muirium
µ

23 Jul 2014, 20:50

Who needs to, when you can literally SEE RUSHIAH!

Hypersphere

23 Jul 2014, 23:01

Unfortunately, I hear that those deprived folks who live in the lower 48 have restricted vision.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

24 Jul 2014, 08:34

okay enough with the palindroning :maverick:

here's your challenge! take a picture of a dog with your picture phone and post it to my blog! best dog wins! go!

Madhias
BS TORPE

24 Jul 2014, 10:23

Ready for the challenge! Took right now with my picture phone. Dog lying lazy, but wise under the desktop beside the PC as always. Got stuck in the cables, hates being photographed.

Compgeke

24 Jul 2014, 11:10

I...don't have a phone, less yet a picture phone. I'mma sue you for discrimination. Murica!

Medowy

24 Jul 2014, 11:13

Challenge accepted...
Spoiler:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

24 Jul 2014, 11:30

Such Wonderful Dogs

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

24 Jul 2014, 11:31

Compgeke wrote: I...don't have a phone, less yet a picture phone. I'mma sue you for discrimination. Murica!
its not like im lookin at your exif data... and it's not like you couldn't edit the data anyways to make it LOOK like you took it on a pitchafone. :geek:

davkol

24 Jul 2014, 11:54

Cute little bear^Wpuppy...

Hypersphere

25 Jul 2014, 01:05

This is turning into Mondo Cane. I'm outta here. But where to go? Even Iran isn't safe anymore.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

25 Jul 2014, 09:08

Wonderful pup. those paws are too much!!! looks like a cuddly guy.

Hey now! Discussion topic of the day: The Internet Of Things! or, Isn't That What The Internet Already Is?! or, Will We Be Able To Retrofit The Internet For All This Stuff? I'm not too worried about it.

Thought topic: Black holes and their event horizons. Just think about it.

7bit

25 Jul 2014, 10:21

nopoo_010026.jpg
nopoo_010026.jpg (109.29 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
:roll:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

25 Jul 2014, 10:22

Also other thought topics, if you'd like to avoid buzzwords or the disturbing lack of scientific acceptance of philosophy and its place therein, here are a few very good articles by some guy who's done some things some times in some places with some computers who wants to make other guys with computers feel good about themselves and make the guys who pay them feel bad about how they treat them. aside from the ego stroking in the first article they're pretty good.
Information technology is the art of managing an organization's processes by establishing and maintaining computing frameworks.
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... ging_geeks

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... r_IT_sucks

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... mfort_zone -- I haven't finished that one yet :geek:
7bit wrote:
nopoo_010026.jpg
shame on this concept :maverick:

Muirium
µ

25 Jul 2014, 18:50

sth wrote: Also other thought topics… the disturbing lack of scientific acceptance of philosophy and its place therein
Previous topic ponders new one.

Hypersphere

25 Jul 2014, 20:38

7bit wrote:
nopoo_010026.jpg
There you go! Excellent.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

26 Jul 2014, 19:42

i just want to let you guys know that if you ever feel the need to post off-topic, you can bring it here to my blog. i'm happy to allow some banter here and there as long as it means that threads on this forum with specific topics don't go too overboard.

keep it on-topic! Image

scottc

26 Jul 2014, 19:44

:maverick: Image :maverick:

Madhias
BS TORPE

27 Jul 2014, 20:55

Monday is tomorrow, sweet Sunday and weekend comes to an end. Arrgh.

Muirium
µ

27 Jul 2014, 21:16

Moo!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 Jul 2014, 09:36

new blog post: :maverick:

blog readers, i am a conflict-avoidant person In Real Life. that's part of coming from the pacific northwest. most of us are just natural born chillers, and if you never leave the northwest then you basically just get to chill constantly until you die. not me. i HAD to move away. for Life Experience and whatnot.
Last edited by sth on 28 Jul 2014, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 Jul 2014, 14:09

i have learn'd the subtle power of dirname. dirty work!

mkdir $themedir
for f in $themes/
do
cp -r `dirname $f` $themedir/
done

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 Jul 2014, 14:50

of course, THAT doesn't really work how I need it to.
this should but it doesn't either. weeeeeell. turns out you need to be real careful bout where you call dem variables and how ya source em.
for f in $themes
do
component="$( cd "$( dirname "$f" )" && pwd )"
cp -r $component $themedir
done

still aint workin but im getting closer :x

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 Jul 2014, 15:13

great scott :maverick:

mr_a500

28 Jul 2014, 15:45

sth wrote: new blog post: :maverick:

blog readers, i am a conflict-avoidant person In Real Life. that's part of coming from the pacific northwest. most of us are just natural born chillers, and if you never leave the northwest then you basically just get to chill constantly until you die. not me. i HAD to move away. for Life Experience and whatnot.
American regions annoy me.

"Pacific Northwest" - there's no Pacific on the east, so why add the "west" part? Alaska is farther northwest and on the Pacific, so shouldn't that be the "Pacific Northwest"? Your "Pacific Northwest" is south of what we know simply as Canada's "West Coast". (maybe we should say "Pacific Southwest")

"Eastern Seaboard" - what the hell is a seaboard? Why not "East Coast" or "Eastern States"?

"New England" - yeah, there's actual historical reasons, but it's stupid when somebody says "I'm a New Englander". Pick a fucking state.

"Bible Belt" - WTF?

Canada is much more sensible with our West Coast, East Coast (or Maritimes), Prairies, Central Provinces and North.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 Jul 2014, 16:22

mr_a500 wrote:
sth wrote: new blog post: :maverick:

American regions annoy me.

"Pacific Northwest" - there's no Pacific on the east, so why add the "west" part? Alaska is farther northwest and on the Pacific, so shouldn't that be the "Pacific Northwest"? Your "Pacific Northwest" is south of what we know simply as Canada's "West Coast". (maybe we should say "Pacific Southwest")

"Eastern Seaboard" - what the hell is a seaboard? Why not "East Coast" or "Eastern States"?

"New England" - yeah, there's actual historical reasons, but it's stupid when somebody says "I'm a New Englander". Pick a fucking state.

"Bible Belt" - WTF?

Canada is much more sensible with our West Coast, East Coast (or Maritimes), Prairies, Central Provinces and North.
your lack of elasticity annoys me! :maverick:

it's called the pacific northwest because as soon as you cross the mountains in washington, everything is completely different. it goes from an oceanic climate to practically a desert. Spokane is still in the nor'western part of the country but it sure as hell ain't pacific.

regardless everywhere else in the country is basically immaterial cascadia! :maverick: i've never heard anyone actually use eastern seaboard in casual conversation relating to the east coast. it's always just east coast whenever i hear people talk about it.

Hypersphere

28 Jul 2014, 17:03

I like the Badlands.

mr_a500

28 Jul 2014, 18:01

I have no problem with that. They're bad lands. It makes sense. There are Badlands in Canada too.

Thank god there's no "Badlands Northwest" or "Badlands Seaboard".

Return to “Off-topic”