KB Paradise V60 Mini

sdiearly

12 Jul 2014, 20:00

Glad to see this product discussion here.
I am interested in ALPS switches.
And I can get one board from my friend.
Maybe I can cross post both on DT and GH

maximAL

31 Jul 2014, 18:38

Oh look, a Pure with a messed up function layer.
The whole point why I got this thing was so I could use the cursor keys without moving one hand from the standard position. After some time getting used to it, it works just fine now. OKL; is just a mirrored WASD in the end. But PL;'? Without moving the hand I would have to operate three of them with my pinky.

Also, I'm wondering if the backlit caps are still as crappy and start flaking off after a few weeks again.

Hypersphere

15 Dec 2014, 17:39

Just received my new V60 with Matias Quiet Click switches from Massdrop. First impression: I like it. Much better switch than any Cherry mx I've tried. Using a combination of DIP switch settings and Karabiner software for the Mac, I was able to remap the keyboard to the HHKB layout. The V60 might now hold the distinction of being the smallest 60% available. It is just a tad smaller in length and width than the Poker II or HHKB Pro 2. The main downside is the lack of keycaps for Matias/Alps switches. One can harvest caps from Alps boards, but probably more than one board would be needed to get decent alphas and mods. For the alphas at least, doubleshots are out there -- and even some dye-sub PBT. Not sure about sourcing spacebars. Now I am curious about how the standard Matias Tactile Click switch would sound and feel on the V60. When I find some caps and time, I might post a separate review of the V60 Matias Quiet Click Mini Keyboard.

andrewjoy

15 Dec 2014, 17:48

is it mac layout or windows ? i need a new mini keyboard for work . and i use a mac there so that would be a good point for me. Then again i could just bring in my XT and make sweet sweet noise.

Hypersphere

15 Dec 2014, 18:19

andrewjoy wrote: is it mac layout or windows ? i need a new mini keyboard for work . and i use a mac there so that would be a good point for me. Then again i could just bring in my XT and make sweet sweet noise.
I configured mine for a Mac / HHKB layout using some DIP switch settings and Karabiner software for the Mac.

To summarized the Mac/HHKB layout:

Top row: Esc = Esc; Fn+Esc = Backquote; Backspace = Backslash; 1=1; Fn+1 = F1, etc.

Second row: Tab=Tab; Fn+Tab = CapsLock; Backslash = Backspace (Back Delete); Fn+Backspace = Forward Delete.

Third row: CapsLock = Ctrl.

Bottom row: Ctrl, Opt(Alt), Cmd, Spacebar, Cmd, Opt(Alt), Ctrl, Fn

Arrow keys = HHKB cursor diamond, which is Fn + [ = up arrow, etc.

Return to “Keyboards”