k3kc keycap images!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

26 Aug 2014, 19:22

i would have kept going if madhias hadn't breaker'd my combo.

plus i don't post much from home unless it's late and i've been drinking :maverick:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

26 Aug 2014, 19:23

ray4jc wrote: I miss sth :(
come hang out at my blog sometime :x

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Aug 2014, 19:48

Now we know why you post so much every night.

Kurk

26 Aug 2014, 20:19

sth wrote: by thor's hammer :maverick:
I like that one.

Halvar

26 Aug 2014, 20:45

Also relevant: Grabthar's hammer

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

26 Aug 2014, 20:55

Halvar wrote: Also relevant: Grabthar's hammer
Hamgrab?

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Aug 2014, 21:01

This might end up in a six degrees of Billy Mays game.

andrewjoy

26 Aug 2014, 21:24

Ahh so this is a fake overpriced ugly cap as opposed to a overpriced ugly cap ?

noesc

26 Aug 2014, 21:35

Even so, I'm still interested in the manufacturing process.. (I totally want to have the possiblity to make my own caps on very small scale without it costing extreme fortunes)

Halvar

26 Aug 2014, 22:28

You mean for real ClickClacks, right? Because the fake ones look like standard ABS injection molding, like lego bricks. There are videos on YT about that.

Madhias
BS TORPE

26 Aug 2014, 22:33

Webwits new duck avatar looks like the duck is shitting or lifting its leg to urinate like a dog!

BTW: Image

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Aug 2014, 23:12

Usually when people mention my avatar, I change it, for confusion.

Daniel Beardsmore

26 Aug 2014, 23:56

Do you change it manually or is there a duckyrotatey script buried somewhere?

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2014, 00:15

It's a secret art project, a time-lapsed black&white avatar animation about a duck searching for its inner Gestalt eines Ente, as a homage to Nietzsche, a famous dead German comedian.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2014, 00:48

andrewjoy wrote: Ahh so this is a fake overpriced ugly cap as opposed to a overpriced ugly cap ?
When these first popped up I had to congratulate clickclack. My theorem is that because he got bootlegged, he is now officially an artist.

Daniel Beardsmore

27 Aug 2014, 01:06

I'm curious whether the FX logo is still present on the underside, or whether they're even real at all.

Madhias
BS TORPE

27 Aug 2014, 07:04

There's no FXE or CF logo, but another one from the cap cloner himself. I think it's K3.

Topre Enthusiast

27 Aug 2014, 07:20

That's a relief...when I buy fakes, I want to be sure they are the genuine article!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

27 Aug 2014, 08:04

webwit wrote: It's a secret art project, a time-lapsed black&white avatar animation about a duck searching for its inner Gestalt eines Ente, as a homage to Nietzsche, a famous dead German comedian.
sometimes a collection of pixels is just a collection of pixels :x

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

29 Aug 2014, 10:24

WOW! people are really losing their minds over this over at geekhack! some folks are trying to dox this guy, others are trying to get people banned for admitting to buying fake click clacks!

Bro Bots AKA MMB (formerly MagicMeatball) is even making veiled hints about going to the keycap maker's residence and enforcing his copyright.

In related news, Bro Bots is famous for starting his career in injection molding by making replicas of Gundam heads or something. Let us not also forget some of the most highly coveted Click Clack keys infringe a some pretty big trademarks.
:?

scottc

29 Aug 2014, 10:35

I'm really into the drama about this. It makes for some great viewing. I think click clacks are a bit silly, but I kind of want to buy one now just to male people angry...

Nobody doxed QWER for selling gas mask caps! Down with the clack monopoly!

andrewjoy

29 Aug 2014, 10:38

What i find hard to fathom is why people care ? I mean i don't like click clacks one bit to me they are just cheap lumps of ugly plastic.

Wanting to get people banned for buying "fake" lumps of ugly plastic i mean come on how does someone buying one effect them ? The only thing i can think of is they invested money into buying so called "real" click clacks, in an effort exploit demand, and honestly the type of people who do that damage the community and wont lose any sleep over losing money.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

29 Aug 2014, 10:40

i dont want to give the impression that i'm relishing this, i'm just baffled and disappointed by the reactions some uninvolved parties have when it comes to intellectual property disputes and extra-disappointed when it happens in communities i participate in.

also i think decrying the medium is a little beside the point. can we keep our aesthetic preferences out of this particular part of the conversation regarding novelty keys?

scottc

29 Aug 2014, 11:10

I think that people are mad because they're worried that this will probably lower the bar on the prices of these caps, and u ltimately decrease their profit margins and the "value" of the caps that they already own. Clacks aren't hugely common, and their resale value is insanely high. If fakes start to pollute the market, then people will be more likely to pay $25 for a fake than $250 for a real thing. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not a person who's invested lots of money into these things...

7bit

29 Aug 2014, 11:15

sth wrote: WOW! people are really losing their minds over this over at geekhack! some folks are trying to dox this guy, others are trying to get people banned for admitting to buying fake click clacks!
In Round 6, there will be a SKULL and a CLICK CLACK key, in each color, just to annoy the GH people.
:evilgeek:

andrewjoy

29 Aug 2014, 11:33

That will be amazing ! Can we have a cap with a picture of a clack with a NO symbol over it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_symbol

It is a shame when drama causes problems in a community but it is fun to watch!

Madhias
BS TORPE

29 Aug 2014, 11:35

Hey, andrewjoy, Clacks itself are cool novelty caps, even if you don't like them!

Well said:
sth wrote: also i think decrying the medium is a little beside the point. can we keep our aesthetic preferences out of this particular part of the conversation regarding novelty keys?

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

29 Aug 2014, 11:38

All this artisan stuff is a little bit too much. I like Bro Bots, some of the Clacks are cool, I have a Hellboy and a Warmaster, but the prices and the feeding frenzy .... when there is a sale is like throwing chum to the sharks.
And the market place over on GH is just a bazaar for trading BroBots and Clacks and other artisan stuff.

But bottom line, if you have the technology to cast caps why not create something original, why copy somebody else work ? This does not make sense to me, why create a fake when you can create an original, you have the tools the skills for that ?

It would be nice to own a clack, but I will never ever pay those insane prices. These things have value because there is a market for them, and because getting one has become an obscure raffle/send e-mail in special format in the middle of the night and sacrifice a goat and a black rooster... Some of the artisan stuff are just crap, like something my daughter made with playdough, and still there is a huge interest.
Maybe we should make profit from this, a group build for artisan caps, come up with a weird cool design and make a big profit and fund cool key cap sets, and cool legends tooling fees :evilgeek:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

29 Aug 2014, 11:51

DanielT wrote: But bottom line, if you have the technology to cast caps why not create something original, why copy somebody else work ? This does not make sense to me, why create a fake when you can create an original, you have the tools the skills for that ?
sorry to play devil's advocate, but... well whatever.

a. why not?
b. money, duh, are you kidding?

it took Magic Bro Balls at least 6 months of continuously advertising the possibility of a new custom keycaps and selectively releasing prototypes to people that would help him get the word out before he was established as a defacto Clack Jr. this guy is just taking a quicker route to separating people from their money in exchange for toys. this is capitalism we're discussing - there's no room for relative morals in a market when there's money to be made.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

29 Aug 2014, 11:59

Yes this is Capitalism in all it's beauty.
My question was rhetorical, I knew the answer, why work hard to create something original when you can hussle your way, there are always people ready to pay less in order to look "more"
I would rather have a genuine crappy Q&Q watch than a fake Rolex

Return to “Off-topic”