Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

HzFaq

30 Oct 2014, 12:40

I'm thinking of getting rid of my HHKB, black on black printed keys, doesn't come with a box but does come with an extra black on white printed cap set and a replacement red control set thing (this). None of the caps show any kind of wear, I usually bring it out every couple of months to try and force myself to like it and give up after a week or so.

I think I paid €150 odd for just the board, want to know how much it'd be worth as a bundle.

Back of fag packet calculation says something like £130 for the board, £60 for the caps, £20 for the control key set. Is that about right?

Also, whilst I'm price checking boards I don't use (!!) how much for an Ergodox with 62gm clears?

Jimmy54669

05 Nov 2014, 21:43

Hi i found a NMB RT-6251TRG it has some weird looking switches is it something worth ?

here some pics:

Image Image
Last edited by Jimmy54669 on 06 Nov 2014, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

05 Nov 2014, 21:45

Bomble

07 Nov 2014, 12:19

How much would a barely used set of stock Filco ninja printed caps go for?

Muirium
µ

07 Nov 2014, 12:30

Not much. They're the cheapest part of the Filco.

Bomble

07 Nov 2014, 12:37

Muirium wrote: Not much. They're the cheapest part of the Filco.
That's what I figured, thanks for the reply though.

hellcatzs

07 Nov 2014, 20:40

corsair k60 (perfect condition)

berserkfan

13 Nov 2014, 06:24

How much is an 8x8, 8x7 or 8x6 plate mounted matrix keyboard (could be Access, Tipro, Cherry, Assyst, Xkeys, etc) worth?

I'm mainly looking to buy, not to sell. So I'm really looking for a realistic buyable price that will persuade people to part with theirs. EG lucking into an auction and getting a Tipro at $1 doesn't count unless you are willing to sell it to me at $2 or can find someone willing to sell one at no more than a slightly higher price.

Jimmy54669

13 Nov 2014, 06:52

How much are 102 berely used Black Switches worth ? they have the tiny wider cherry logo on them

davkol

13 Nov 2014, 08:51

berserkfan wrote: How much is an 8x8, 8x7 or 8x6 plate mounted matrix keyboard (could be Access, Tipro, Cherry, Assyst, Xkeys, etc) worth?
Around €30 for a tipro from what I've seen around here. Perhaps a bit less, depending on condition.
Jimmy54669 wrote: How much are 102 berely used Black Switches worth ? they have the tiny wider cherry logo on them
Generally $0.3 or €0.25 per switch.

Abra

14 Nov 2014, 21:03

Hey guys, i've been reading the forum and the wiki for the past couple of weeks and finally decided to create an account.

I've bought an Olivetti KBD 2811 Keyboard. It's a G81-3000 HBU. I guess it has Cherry MY Switches, although they look a bit different. Typing is not too bad as on other G81-3000 though. It does remind me of typing on wet newspaper! :lol:

I was wondering what it should go for, if I ever decide to put it up for sale.

photekq
Cherry Picker

14 Nov 2014, 21:10

Abra wrote: Hey guys, i've been reading the forum and the wiki for the past couple of weeks and finally decided to create an account.

I've bought an Olivetti KBD 2811 Keyboard. It's a G81-3000 HBU. I guess it has Cherry MY Switches, although they look a bit different. Typing is not too bad as on other G81-3000 though. It does remind me of typing on wet newspaper! :lol:

I was wondering what it should go for, if I ever decide to put it up for sale.
We need pics! We need details!

Are the keycaps yellowed? Are the keycaps shiny [for reference new keycaps look like this, whereas shiny ones have a very glossy surface. Yours may be somewhere inbetween. Try and explain it the best you can, because this is the main factor in the price]? Do the keycaps have any marks/scratches/dents/cracks that are permanent? Is the rest of the keyboard in good shape?

After you've answered those questions we can help you out.

Abra

14 Nov 2014, 21:20

Hi photekq! Thanks for the speedy reply. I always enjoy reading your posts. Especially the topic on the obscure Cherry stuff!

I haven't had time yet to take a photoshoot yet. But hopefully i'll be able to shoot some pics for the wiki and the forum tomorrow.

The keys do look smoother than the picture. But it doesn't have a real shine either. The previous owner had it stored on his attic for 12 years. From what I can see a light scratch on the F7 key and some small dents here and there on the side of the keys. Not yellowed as far as I can tell.

photekq
Cherry Picker

14 Nov 2014, 21:24

Alright, sounds promising. Pictures will no doubt help.

By the way, it's a G81-3011HBU, rather than 3000. But, it's the U at the end that really matters :lol:

Oh and, err, welcome to the forum Abra! Enjoy your stay :)

Abra

15 Nov 2014, 12:54

Here are the pics I took today.

Topre Enthusiast

15 Nov 2014, 12:58

Beautiful board, Abra.
I won't guess its worth but I'm sure it will be a lot. Should you ever want to sell it I (and many others surely) would be interested.

gogusrl

15 Nov 2014, 13:02

That looks amazing.

Abra

15 Nov 2014, 13:17

002 wrote: Beautiful board, Abra.
I won't guess its worth but I'm sure it will be a lot. Should you ever want to sell it I (and many others surely) would be interested.
Ah yeah! I'm not too fussed bout the worth, I just like lookig at it. I've decided to use it as my daily driver just because I want to look at it all the time. I'm starting to get used to the "wet newspaper typing" feeling. :lol:

Halvar

15 Nov 2014, 13:48

Abra wrote: Ah yeah! I'm not too fussed bout the worth, I just like lookig at it. I've decided to use it as my daily driver just because I want to look at it all the time. I'm starting to get used to the "wet newspaper typing" feeling. :lol:
What a beautiful board.

You could even exchange the innards (pcb & switches) with those of a G80-3000 from that time if you'd like to use switches that feel better. For the winkeyless generation, case and keycaps were interchangeable between G80-3000 and G81-3000. I did that myself with a nice old black G81-3000 that I found and that now has MX blue switches.

Notice that if you use the board the keycaps wil become shiny after a while which will decrease the resale value considerably. Like it is with most collectible stuff when you use it. I'm the type of guy, too, who wants to enjoy the stuff and not only keep it for others, but you could instead just try to maximze the profit you can make from reselling it.

IvanIvanovich

15 Nov 2014, 16:41

Repro of Olivetti will be done soon, hopefully with all the same legends and everything so value may drop considerably. I would agree that keeping it and swapping in a G80-3000 PCB would be the best way to go. If you were to sell it, I feel $180 is the top of fairness though some loons are likely to have deeper pockets.

idollar
i$

17 Nov 2014, 11:18

Does anyone knows the approx. value of the IBM PC-AT keyboard in the image ?

keyboard.JPG
keyboard.JPG (37.19 KiB) Viewed 5258 times
I do not have any additional information. No information from the back sticker.
I guess that it is a model F.
The seller reports a fully working keyboard.

He is asking €20 + Shipping

Thanks in advance.

Nuum

17 Nov 2014, 11:23

20€ for a Model F AT is a very good price, especially when the condition is as good as it looks.

Muirium
µ

17 Nov 2014, 13:40

Absolutely. They're worth 3 or 4 times that. Grab it!

idollar
i$

17 Nov 2014, 14:06

Already bought !

Abra

17 Nov 2014, 15:33

@Halvar

Thanks for the suggestion. I would be affraid to mess up the board by changing the innards. I'll just be looking at it for now. And yeah you have a great point about the use diminishing the board's worth. I've put it back in it's box for now. :lol:

@IvanIvanovich
I think you mean the GMK repro set? That does look nice indeed! Although there have been other Olivetti keycap sets right? Even though I have the original set, i'm tempted to look into one of those myself!

noobie94

19 Nov 2014, 17:05

How much is my Ducky Shine 3 MX Brown ISO with blue LED's - condition is good but used, about 6 months old.

IvanIvanovich

19 Nov 2014, 19:39

Yes there was set with Olivetti like done with Originative, but they didn't use all the original legends that are 'unique' to the Olivetti original, and I am not sure they chose the best colors available for it either.

Amr0d

20 Nov 2014, 21:44

I have found an unused Keyboard with Futaba switches. It's new with packaging etc. In the manual it says that it's a DFK-777 and on the styrofoam package you can see a DFK-700 logo. Some of the keycaps have gone a bit yellow'ish and they aren't doubleshots.

What do you think I can get for this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0aa6jsyk6rg8u ... 3.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3v2ggj1iudy1 ... 4.jpg?dl=0

scottc

20 Nov 2014, 21:56

New? With that kind of uneven yellowing? Was it stored in a tanning bed for safe keeping?

Amr0d

20 Nov 2014, 22:06

Well, it's new in terms of "Not even a single person used it". I have no clue why it's that much yellow but it was kept in the styrofoam package since the 80s.

Return to “Marketplace Help”