Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Data

14 Nov 2014, 15:48

Invoice paid via mashby. Looks like I just missed the cutoff for today. :)

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

14 Nov 2014, 22:51

The wiki says HONEYB/5a orders will be taken until February... shh...

Maybe the FUNCTION kits could work better as smaller kits, maybe four? And I'm always up for reviewing the legends!

mashby

15 Nov 2014, 00:08

The following payments have been received for this group buy: Data, Phiber.

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your order to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?
Either ask in this thread, or PM 7bit.

ilezia

15 Nov 2014, 16:20

Sooo I haven't followed this in a while (kinda forgot about the whole thing for a bit, can't believe it's been a year!) and I'm a little confused about the time scales based on the past couple of pages. Is it safe to say that these won't be shipping before Christmas? I'm about to move house beginning of next month but I'm not sure what my new address will be yet (still looking). I will have to move to a new place before 22.12 though.

pyrelink

15 Nov 2014, 16:51

Shipping to 7Bit should *hopefully* be soon, and then sorting, and then shipping out to everyone else, based on your 7Bit GB Ranking (based on how much overall you have spent on 7Bit, and listed at the bottom of the invoice). If you are concerned, I believe you can change your address to something to the effect of "dont ship yet" and then pm 7Bit/change your address again to the new one when you are ready. It has been discussed a few times in this thread, and shouldn't be a big deal.

Halvar

15 Nov 2014, 17:35

Definitely not before Christmas!
7bit wrote:
Signature Plastics wrote:I would estimate we still have at least 4 weeks to complete Round 5.
:cry:

Code: Select all

November 2014
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
 2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 <--- this week
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

December 2014
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1  2  3  4  5  6 <--- estimated end of production
 7  8  9 10 11 12 13 
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 <--- will have shipped to me
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 
28 29 30 31

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Nov 2014, 18:55

Let me stress on this: even if they deliver in time, there will be production errors! It's 99% sure that there will be some. This will push the release date even farther.

@7bit, ASK PICTURES of all kits before delivery! you might be able to spot the most obvious errors

TheWaffleGuy

16 Nov 2014, 03:56

Hi everyone!
I have never participated in these group buys and therefore have a couple of questions regarding Round 5a.

1. If I order Multiple things from the GB and only some of the things reach MOQ, will the things that have reached MOQ ship and I have to wait and hope that the remaining things will reach MOQ in the future and ship at a later date?
2. Is there a possibility that I get stuck with half a order and the rest never ships?
3. If I order a set that is a subset of a set that have reached MOQ will this set also have reached MOQ? For example if I order a tab key and the TKL set that includes that tab key reaches MOQ is that tab key guaranteed to be produced?

The reason I ask is because I would like to order an International set and if only the base set reached MOQ and the international add-on doesn't I would end up with a set that is unusable for me.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

16 Nov 2014, 13:13

matt3o wrote: Let me stress on this: even if they deliver in time, there will be production errors! It's 99% sure that there will be some. This will push the release date even farther.
I'm sorry to say I totally agree, it's near certain there will be some errors. Hopefully they'll either be minor or cool ones! With an order of anything this size, most humans would struggle to get every single key perfect first time.
matt3o wrote: @7bit, ASK PICTURES of all kits before delivery! you might be able to spot the most obvious errors
IIRC they will be shipped by key; i.e. a bag of all the GPA/WFK "Q" keys, a bag of all the GPA/WFK "W" keys... This should make things easier for SP but makes me wonder a bit about consistency between colours and legends. Photos of the production samples for new legends would be extremely nice too. TBH though it might be a bit late, as some keys have shipped already.

IMHO, as standard SP should send their production plans (kits, family, rows, colours, legends etc, ideally timeframes too) back to the group buy organiser for confirmation immediately before production. Thinking of the setup costs it seems weird that it would be better for them to go back and make corrections, but maybe it is easier and cheaper to do so compared to training what's becoming a continuous stream of enthusiasts on their capabilities and procedures, time and time again.

With all that said, I think it's so cool that SP are open to us lot, with their full flexibilities on offer for us to pick at and refine. It would be very easy for them to put out only a standard offering, and easier still to say it's not worth it. I've spoken to bemused or downright irritated people in the past who just didn't see why anyone would be interested in keyboard specifics. Ah, I'm rambling.
TheWaffleGuy wrote: Hi everyone!
I have never participated in these group buys and therefore have a couple of questions regarding Round 5a.
Hi! Welcome to the madness.
TheWaffleGuy wrote:The reason I ask is because I would like to order an International set and if only the base set reached MOQ and the international add-on doesn't I would end up with a set that is unusable for me.
In summary: from past experience, international kits have been keenly fought for but it may not be possible to get the MOQs met on all colours. Though I think 7bit will wait for orders to build up so as many MOQs are met as possible. As a backup option if you want keys in Round 5 colours, the specific keys you need may be available from people's Round 5 orders.
TheWaffleGuy wrote:1. If I order Multiple things from the GB and only some of the things reach MOQ, will the things that have reached MOQ ship and I have to wait and hope that the remaining things will reach MOQ in the future and ship at a later date?
If the question is specific to R5a, I think everything would ship at once, probably with unmet MOQs probably being left.
[quote=""TheWaffleGuy"]2. Is there a possibility that I get stuck with half a order and the rest never ships?[/quote]
There will be opportunities to manage the situation before you get "stuck". If the MOQ isn't met on something you needed, you could arrange a sale yourself and change the address details on the order, or you may be able to change to a suitable alternative. There could also be updates to the kits. If at all possible, I recommend ordering what you need now - the more orders there are, the more confident people in your situation are, and the more chance the kits will be made IMHO.
TheWaffleGuy wrote:3. If I order a set that is a subset of a set that have reached MOQ will this set also have reached MOQ? For example if I order a tab key and the TKL set that includes that tab key reaches MOQ is that tab key guaranteed to be produced?
Interesting question. If 7bit orders R5a by individual key, I don't see why not as there would be no difference to SP. But I seem to think this time they'll be ordered by kit. If so, it might be up to SP, but I'd hope they'd go with it.

Muirium
µ

16 Nov 2014, 13:28

Hell of a deep end we've got here for jumping into, right?

Expect to wait a long time for Round 5a, as 7bit keeps it open to new orders for as long as possible. (Round 5 definitely went that way, and then some…) Eventually he'll kill the kits nowhere near MOQ, but he'll try a lot of tricks before ditching vital things like languages.

Basically, you want to keep an eye on this and if worst comes to worst, reconfigure your order from whatever new combinations he has available. Many of us here have completely lost track of how many times we edited our Round 5 orders! He'll add new things you will want, too. It gets so, so very complex…

You're safe to order speculatively. Refunds are a last ditch option, if nothing else works. Watch your email for "invoices" from the bot. As these are essentially automated pricelists and newletters for all this stuff! And feel free to ask whatever questions come to you, right here on this thread. Facet's way ahead of you. For better or for worse!

alexofthewest

17 Nov 2014, 06:37

Is it too late to get in on this? I am brand new here and just made an account because I have been looking all over to find somewhere I could purchase a spherical set for my poker II.

whitecitadel

17 Nov 2014, 10:12

Its never too late to get in on a 7bit group buy it seems ;-)

Have a look at the wiki to see if there are any alpha kits left in Round5 - which is shipping soon, if not your into Round5a and a long wait... or wait for Round5 to ship and people to start selling spare kits etc.

Muirium
µ

17 Nov 2014, 13:49

Round 5's been shipping "soon" for quite a while… whichever way, you're looking at next year. There will be plenty of trades when these ship, so I expect quite a sphericals bonanza in "a few months" (I can just feel I'm jinxing it again…) though obviously choice will be limited by what people are willing to part with.

Round 5a is your fallback.

mashby

17 Nov 2014, 18:08

The following payments have been received for this group buy: ryanjun, Oatburner, BrewingHeavyWeather.

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your order to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?

beltet

17 Nov 2014, 23:54

facetsesame wrote:
TheWaffleGuy wrote:3. If I order a set that is a subset of a set that have reached MOQ will this set also have reached MOQ? For example if I order a tab key and the TKL set that includes that tab key reaches MOQ is that tab key guaranteed to be produced?
Interesting question. If 7bit orders R5a by individual key, I don't see why not as there would be no difference to SP. But I seem to think this time they'll be ordered by kit. If so, it might be up to SP, but I'd hope they'd go with it.
I'm almost 100% sure that 7bit order individual keys with a supersystem of his. I think he said it somewhere in this thread long ago.

farinasa_

18 Nov 2014, 02:58

I paid just over half in the hopes that the price will come down some. If not, I'll pay the extra as more funds become available.

roekpoffen

18 Nov 2014, 17:25

I'm looking to pay with paypal, but I don't get the details from 7bit when sending "PAYPAL" via pm...

What shall I do? :shock:

7bit

18 Nov 2014, 17:31

Waiting for another invoice ...
:P

mrHappy

18 Nov 2014, 17:45

Late last week I changed my address to ship later, for some strange reason that updated my order with "Ship insured Korea".
And being "pestered" to pay extra for it. It apparently cost $54.08 more to send to Korea instead of Denmark.
I'm not moving to Korea, somewhere some bot is having fun, in a strange way.

beltet

18 Nov 2014, 23:15

mrHappy wrote: Late last week I changed my address to ship later, for some strange reason that updated my order with "Ship insured Korea".
And being "pestered" to pay extra for it. It apparently cost $54.08 more to send to Korea instead of Denmark.
I think when you change the adress again it will turn back as it should. But send 7bit a PM and sort it out just to be on the safe side.

mashby

19 Nov 2014, 00:18

The following payments have been received for this group buy: farinasa_, Phiber.

Has It Shipped?

Questions?

7bit

19 Nov 2014, 00:22

mrHappy wrote: Late last week I changed my address to ship later, for some strange reason that updated my order with "Ship insured Korea".
The bot thinks you are as far away as you could.
Just send this ADDRESS instead

ADDRESS
Ship later!!!
DK

The bot looks up the last line and tries to find out what country it will ship to. According to that, payment method and shipping costs are calculated.
:ugeek:

But, one can write this address ...

ADDRESS
Kim Cherry
Ding-dong, Keyboard-gu
Seoul, 123456
Korea, South
DE

... and get free shipping if his order is just above 1kg!!!

:o

farinasa_

19 Nov 2014, 02:21

Old: $463.50
Pay: $250.00
New: $618.00

:o :shock: :?

I was certain I hit the 25% deadline.

7bit

20 Nov 2014, 16:24

:roll:

SL89

20 Nov 2014, 19:02

I am alive 7bit, i need to check my invoices, is it possible to get one forwarded to my PM's here, i am locked out of my main account on gmail.

mashby

21 Nov 2014, 20:18

The following payments have been received for this group buy: roekpoffen, mrobinson7627.

Has It Shipped?

Questions?

jrambo

23 Nov 2014, 14:44

7bit wrote: Image
:roll:
Hello, I just checked my invoice, and it thinks I am owed $4. Is there anything for an ergodox that would work with that, or... should I just spend more money?

alexofthewest

24 Nov 2014, 01:45

Which set would be the best to cover a poker II in solid black sphericals? What is the price? Ive never used this before,I would love to get in on this before it ends. How do I place my order?

janvkn

24 Nov 2014, 17:06

alexofthewest wrote: Which set would be the best to cover a poker II in solid black sphericals? What is the price? Ive never used this before,I would love to get in on this before it ends. How do I place my order?
This: http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:HONEYB_TKL_BLACK.png

+

A spacebar: http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:HONEYB ... _BLACK.png

alexofthewest

25 Nov 2014, 01:36

they look nice,how do i place an order?

Return to “Group buys”