Keyboard Roof for IBM XT and Other Keyboards

Hypersphere

16 Nov 2014, 18:39

It turns out that the full-size plexiglass keyboard roofs from EK (30 USD) fit nicely on the IBM XT:

Plexiglass Roof:
Roof.jpg
Roof.jpg (838.87 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
IBM XT:
XT.jpg
XT.jpg (853.87 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
IBM XT with Plexiglass Roof:
XT+Roof.jpg
XT+Roof.jpg (809.9 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
I find the roof especially useful in my work office, where there is a fair amount of grit in the air that I like to keep from falling into my keyboard.

In addition, as advertised by EK, the medium-size roof works well on the RF 87u, and the small size is perfect for the HHKB Pro 2. I use them without the supplied rubber feet, which don't stay put on the plastic very well. In any event, by exercising reasonable care, I find that the plexiglass edges don't scratch the keyboards. They are a bit pricey at 30 USD each, but they provide simple and attractive protection for your keyboard investments.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

27 Feb 2015, 02:55

Question, where did you get that red enter key? Unicomp? But I can't find that legend anywhere in their site. Is it a special order?

Hypersphere

27 Feb 2015, 13:36

Redmaus wrote: Question, where did you get that red enter key? Unicomp? But I can't find that legend anywhere in their site. Is it a special order?
Yes, I purchased the red Enter/Return key from Unicomp. It was a special order.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

27 Feb 2015, 14:34

Hypersphere wrote:
Redmaus wrote: Question, where did you get that red enter key? Unicomp? But I can't find that legend anywhere in their site. Is it a special order?
Yes, I purchased the red Enter/Return key from Unicomp. It was a special order.
Thanks. The case cover seems like a good idea but not to me because I have a nice little area where I keep my keyboards.

Return to “News”