Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

7bit

01 Mar 2015, 14:58

Yes, -5th floor, 2nd steel door to the right, down the corridor, right through to the huge iron gate,
to the vault door (7 keys required). Mind the step plates, sound detectors and light barriers ...
:o

Yslen

01 Mar 2015, 16:14

You mean... you don't have them guarded by dragons?! That's just irresponsible!

Parjánya

01 Mar 2015, 18:25

Pretty lost newcomer here. Can I still order for Round 5a?

7bit

01 Mar 2015, 18:40

Yes.
:-)

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

01 Mar 2015, 19:24

7bit wrote: I could put in one. Just take care of the legend-design.
Any good?
Spoiler:
g5620-5.png
g5620-5.png (43.33 KiB) Viewed 4780 times
g6165.png
g6165.png (34.49 KiB) Viewed 4780 times
Drafts (selected m, a cleaned up version of e):
Spoiler:
flowRoot5556-6-1-0-6-7-1-4-1-3-5-0-8.png
flowRoot5556-6-1-0-6-7-1-4-1-3-5-0-8.png (96.91 KiB) Viewed 4780 times

7bit

01 Mar 2015, 19:26

Looks good.

Muirium
µ

01 Mar 2015, 19:27

Those interrobangs are a nice pick! A good bit of whimsy to them, which is fitting for that of all characters. I'm not sure what to make of the lightbulb style alternative, other than the fact my natural tendency towards symmetry likes it too.

SL89

01 Mar 2015, 19:43

@facetsesame YES, its exactly what i was talking about in that PM.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

01 Mar 2015, 19:48

Cheers 7bit :) I'll just wait for a few more QC passes from certain members before I send you the files ;)
Muirium wrote: Those interrobangs are a nice pick! A good bit of whimsy to them, which is fitting for that of all characters. I'm not sure what to make of the lightbulb style alternative, other than the fact my natural tendency towards symmetry likes it too.
I think the whimsy flows from the nature of the character itself, or it's so engrained in me I don't even notice anymore :roll:

j was a template for k, with two circles, the smaller inner circle having the background colour awaiting cutting away as the difference from the the white outer. The next stage would have shown the whole bang in the circle.

And there's your next project - a fully symmetrical alphabet.
SL89 wrote: @facetsesame YES, its exactly what i was talking about in that PM.
Heh, ninja'd again! I'll settle for a capital YES from the hashbang bearer. :)

As you can see I tried a totally straight barrel but couldn't find a suitable proportion where it looked right, so the bang in "m" is basically the same as in its hashbang configuration.

Parjánya

01 Mar 2015, 21:44

7bit wrote: Yes.
Yay! I have some questions then:
  • For how long can I procrastinate safely? : o )
  • Is the payment made now, as I make my order, or sometime later?
  • When do you think it's going to be delivered? I know it's uncertain, but... this year, next one...?
  • Are the alphabetic key legends really the only difference between [HONEYB/TKL/SPH] and [HONEYB/TKL/CADET] ?
  • Where can I find a description of the OEM layout with each keycap size etc? All the different sizes are quite confusing :oops:
  • Is there any photo of the black keys? I'm curious about how they look 'in the flesh'
  • Is there any chance of a blue 'HYPER' key?
  • BTW what is this hyper7 keyboard, which has F1-F12 on the left? (as HONEY/F1TOF12/H7)

7bit

01 Mar 2015, 22:28

Parjánya wrote: Yay! I have some questions then:
  • For how long can I procrastinate safely? : o )
:?
Parjánya wrote:
  • Is the payment made now, as I make my order, or sometime later?
As soon as possible! The bot needs fresh blood, I mean money!
:mrgreen:
Parjánya wrote:
  • When do you think it's going to be delivered? I know it's uncertain, but... this year, next one...?
Soon, most presumably this year.
Parjánya wrote:
  • Are the alphabetic key legends really the only difference between [HONEYB/TKL/SPH] and [HONEYB/TKL/CADET] ?
Just compare yourself:
:roll:
Parjánya wrote:
  • Where can I find a description of the OEM layout with each keycap size etc? All the different sizes are quite confusing :oops:
:? What is OEM-layout?
Parjánya wrote:
  • Is there any photo of the black keys? I'm curious about how they look 'in the flesh'
Parjánya wrote:
Parjánya wrote:
  • BTW what is this hyper7 keyboard, which has F1-F12 on the left? (as HONEY/F1TOF12/H7)
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
Hyper7 is the crown of the Hyper keyboard series.

It will be available during this year:
:ugeek:

SL89

01 Mar 2015, 22:31

7bit wrote: It will be available during this year:
how many hyper kits were there in OG Round 5, i know i came in way way late to all of this but there seemed to be like 10ish sets or something like that.

7bit

01 Mar 2015, 22:53

2, only one from me and another from someone else.
:oops:

Parjánya

01 Mar 2015, 22:54

7bit wrote:
Parjánya wrote:
:? What is OEM-layout?
I meant... the ANSI and ISO layouts. I'm right now typing on an ISO kb, waiting for my recently CM quickfire rapid to arrive. So I check the images, look down, the ANSI keys don't match, then I remember to check the other keyboard's pic, then I remember I don't know the proportional size of each key... etc ; ).

I want my kit to be able to fit both layouts, perhaps at once (with two keyboards)... oh my poverty.
7bit wrote:
Parjánya wrote:
(the pic)
Ohh dear so pretty. I knew I would regret asking : )).
7bit wrote:
Parjánya wrote:
(the pic)
Hah the shame :oops:. Am I the only one who gets dizzy after checking this for a few... hours(?!)?
7bit wrote:
Parjánya wrote:
[/list][/list][/list]
Hyper7 is the crown of the Hyper keyboard series.

It will be available during this year:
(the img)
:ugeek:
:o
Is there any new keyboard with this layout? The sad thing is that I could find use for every key in a week or less :shock:. I wonder what the central point below was for?

potatobean

03 Mar 2015, 04:25

Thanks 7bit. Looking forward to the keycaps

pederlol

03 Mar 2015, 12:33

I tried to ask politely about a month ago, but I'll try again.

I have an order paid since I can't even remember. Can someone give me a very brief idea about the status of this group buy, without me having to go through 100 of pages. Are the keys in production? Are some being sorted? Have some been sent to the participants?

Preferably without any inside jokes that I don't understand anyway -- actually, I don't care, I'm just interested in some information about the time frame or our orders.

Muirium
µ

03 Mar 2015, 13:03

pederlol wrote: Preferably without any inside jokes that I don't understand anyway
Aw!
pederlol wrote: actually, I don't care, I'm just interested in some information about the time frame or our orders.
Oh, right, phew. See, the trouble is the truth sounds like a joke with this GB. 7bit's ordering strategy made the original signup phase stretch on and on without accurate guidance from him. All those fake deadlines!

Then it was over to SP, who treated the whole thing in much the same way. Including fake ETAs. Round 5 became their lowest priority thread. They'd squeeze in a bit here and there, between the lower volume novelties they sell on their own site: PMK.

7bit's got most the caps now, and word is the rest are coming soon. His sorting and shipping process is vast and takes months by itself, though. So my guess is we're in the right year, but maybe not the right season for THE CAPPENING. May? June? Something like that. Just guesswork though, based on a great stack of turtles who'd rather not say.

Halvar

03 Mar 2015, 13:15

Mu put it very well, as always. In any case, in addition, don't miss these pictures!
7bit wrote: Image
:cool:

Legend:
:mrgreen: : good, corrected legend
:mad: : not good, needs correction

7bit

03 Mar 2015, 13:45

pederlol wrote: I tried to ask politely about a month ago, but I'll try again.

I have an order paid since I can't even remember. Can someone give me a very brief idea about the status of this group buy, without me having to go through 100 of pages. Are the keys in production? Are some being sorted? Have some been sent to the participants?

Preferably without any inside jokes that I don't understand anyway -- actually, I don't care, I'm just interested in some information about the time frame or our orders.
Key caps are finished.
Shipping to me in about 0.5 months.
Sorting by me in about 1.5 months.
Shipping to you in about 2.35 months.

pederlol

03 Mar 2015, 13:54

Replies much appreciated! Thanks a lot :)

Looking forward to +- 2.35 months!

SL89

03 Mar 2015, 13:55

Now back too your regularly scheduled shared delusions and in jokes ;)

Muirium
µ

03 Mar 2015, 13:56

[Tries to figure out 2.35 months from now.]

That's the 35th of February then? Awesome!

Supergeek

03 Mar 2015, 14:07

I'm so excited to get these caps. I don't have any SA yet, and I need to know if these are going to fulfill all my dreams or if they're going to be an awful crushing disillusionment.

Muirium
µ

03 Mar 2015, 14:18

Even if you don't like them, your camera will.

A nice side effect is they make switches feel lighter. Upgrade to reds without even touching springs!

SL89

03 Mar 2015, 14:47

Muirium wrote: A nice side effect is they make switches feel lighter. Upgrade to reds without even touching springs!
Wait is that a thing? I love my greens but I never thought it was due to the filco caps...

Muirium
µ

03 Mar 2015, 14:55

Seems to be. I'm not the only one who feels it. People have discussed it before, and tend to assume the extra mass of plastic in these caps is the reason: it's not. They don't weigh that much. It's more about leverage. Which depends on your typing style, I bet.

DSA meanwhile, as flat as it is, makes my switches feel heavier. But it's less pronounced than SA's lightness effect.

SL89

03 Mar 2015, 14:56

I am seriously considering like 100g and up springs as a way to fix the lightness of my greens and clears.
I never even thought it was my caps.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

03 Mar 2015, 16:40

7bit wrote:
pederlol wrote: I tried to ask politely about a month ago, but I'll try again.

Key caps are finished.
Shipping to me in about 0.5 months.
Sorting by me in about 1.5 months.
Shipping to you in about 2.35 months.
!!!

That's just Round 5, not Round 5a, isn't that right?

It seems unfortunate to ship everything from Washington state to Europe, for one person to sort it, and mail things back to the states. So two things:

1. I hope you have help. :roll:
2. Would you accept a volunteer in the US to receive and help sort? (I'm not volunteering, just an idea.)

This problem just seems like "an embarrassingly parallel workload" to me.

Data

03 Mar 2015, 16:44

Those red caps really are unbelievably sexy. If they're even a tenth as good looking as they are in SP's production photo... :o

I wonder what a red modifiers set would look like with grey alphas. :geek:

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

03 Mar 2015, 16:52

I'm still holding out for that red XMIT, ideally 1.5u or 2u! I concur, the red ones sure are pretty.

Return to “Group buys”