Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

rhune

03 Mar 2015, 17:17

Can I get replacements for a proper backspace and shift key in the R4 colors (blue) with this group buy? Sorry, I am lazy and I should probably look deeper but I don't want to order the wrong thing...

7bit

03 Mar 2015, 17:22

HONEYB/BACKSPACE200/BLUE
Price: $2

HONEYB/SHIFT225/BLUE
HONEYB/SHIFT275/BLUE
Price: $3 each

rhune

03 Mar 2015, 17:29

7bit wrote: HONEYB/BACKSPACE200/BLUE
Price: $2

HONEYB/SHIFT225/BLUE
HONEYB/SHIFT275/BLUE
Price: $3 each
Awesome thank you sir! 8-)

kudosgodspeed

03 Mar 2015, 19:08

I currently have $125 invested in R5 and the closer we get to the deadline, the more I want to drop a few hundred dollars into HoneyB. The prospect of waiting another 18+ months to see the finished product leaves much to be desired though :(.

What's the likelihood that we'll actually hit MOQs for HoneyB? What's the likelihood of receiving HoneyB before 2016. As it stands, it seems SP doesn't give us much priority.

Also, 7-bit, if you need an agent in the CONUS for distribution, I could volunteer my time/effort to help in whatever way you need. I'm on the west coast.

7bit

03 Mar 2015, 19:44

It will not be 18 monts.

Let's count:
2 months until Round 5 has shipped, plus 2 months production, plus 1 months sorting plus 1 month shipping.
You should have your caps around early September, or maybe October, if not November, but surely before Christmas ...
:roll:

This time, I want a definite end-date until they must have finish production.
:-)

7bit

04 Mar 2015, 10:08

New kits:

Also available:
Image Image
Prices:

Code: Select all

Order-ID                   |Ord|Price|Cur|Pcs|Description
HONEYB/TKL/CADET           |  5|   82|USD|111|TKL Space Cadet kit
HONEYB/TKLBASE/CADET       |   |   69|USD| 58|TKL base Space Cadet kit
HONEYB/ALPHA/CADET         |   |   62|USD| 51|ALPHA Space Cadet kit
HONEYB/MODBASE/CADET       |   |   49|USD| 32|Modifiers (black on blue)
HONEYB/NUMPAD/CADET        |  4|   22|USD| 20|Numpad grey/blue kit
HONEYB/SPACE625/SPH        | 29|    2|USD|  1|Space (6.25 units; grey)
HONEYB/SPACE625/BLUE       | 37|    2|USD|  1|Space (6.25 units; blue)
HONEYB/SPACE700/SPH        |  7|    7|USD|  1|Space (7 units; grey)
HONEYB/SPACE700/BLUE       | 11|    7|USD|  1|Space (7 units; blue)
:o

andrewjoy

04 Mar 2015, 12:18

is there a red escape key that i can order on its own ( same profile at round 4 SPH)

7bit

04 Mar 2015, 12:42

HONEYB/ESCAPE/RED

potatobean

05 Mar 2015, 05:05

Will there be cream color F1-F12 keys?

whitecitadel

05 Mar 2015, 09:36

7bit wrote: Key caps are finished.
Shipping to me in about 0.5 months.
Sorting by me in about 1.5 months.
Shipping to you in about 2.35 months.
What I love about this post is that its so detailed, yet ambiguous in the critical way of defining if these are linear time spans or parallel ;-)

So as attractive as 2.35 months may be it could be 4.35 months :?

Will start to get worried and buy a keyboard for them around April 1st I think...

7bit

05 Mar 2015, 10:12

Shipping to me in about 0.45 months (takes 0.45 month)
Sorting by me in about 1.45 months (takes 1 month).
Shipping to you in about 2.3 months (takes 0.85 month).
fixed that for myself.

paul

05 Mar 2015, 11:39

Hello,

I am a little confused so I need a few quick answers. I want to buy some keycaps for an ErgoDox keyboard which I found in Round 5a GB. It's about this one:

1. HONEY/ALPHA/WHITE
2. HONEY/ERGOBASE/WHITE
3. HONEY/CURSYM/WHITE
4. HONEY/VERTBSL/R3
5. 4. HONEY/VERTBSL/R4

As I've read on the GB these are Signature Plastics (SA-family for Cherry MX) but pictures I've seen in this post don't reveal that cross underneath them for cherry mx switches. So please can someone confirm that this keycaps are for cherry mx switches?

The second question is about their availability. Are they in stock so I can order right away? Or when they will be available?

7bit

05 Mar 2015, 11:51

Yes, they are Cherry MX.

Here is what you need to order:

HONEYB/ALPHA/WHITE         |  7|   59|USD| 49|ALPHA white kit
HONEYB/ERGOBASE/WHITE      |   |   49|USD| 36|Ergo base white kit
HONEYB/CURSYM/WHITE        |   |   12|USD|  8|Cursor symbols white kit

Order-ID                 |Stk|Price|Cur|Pcs|Description
HONEY/VERTBSL/R3         |  8|    1|USD|  1|vert bslash (row 3; white)
HONEY/VERTBSL/R4         | 22|    2|USD|  1|vert bslash (row 4; white)
Or just pm this to user 7bot:
HONEYB/ALPHA/WHITE
HONEYB/ERGOBASE/WHITE
HONEYB/CURSYM/WHITE
HONEY/VERTBSL/R3
HONEY/VERTBSL/R4
your e-mail address
ADDRESS
your shipping address

whitecitadel

05 Mar 2015, 11:54

7bit wrote:
Shipping to me in about 0.45 months (takes 0.45 month)
Sorting by me in about 1.45 months (takes 1 month).
Shipping to you in about 2.3 months (takes 0.85 month).
fixed that for myself.
:D :D :D

Halvar

05 Mar 2015, 11:57

paul wrote: So please can someone confirm that this keycaps are for cherry mx switches?
Yes, they are. The photos are photos of historical key caps that inspired the caps in this group buy. In most cases the keycaps in group buys do not exist when the group buy starts, so there can only be photos of comparable caps.
The second question is about their availability. Are they in stock so I can order right away? Or when they will be available?
No, they are not in stock at all! That's not how these group buys work. The idea of a group buy is for a group of people to collect money and buy something as a group, normally something that you can't buy as a single person at all, or it would be much more expensive. In this case, these keycaps are produced especially for this group buy and not available elsewhere.

7bit's group buys have a history of taking a very very long time. It can take 18 months or 2 years to get the key caps. No joke. Make sure you can live with that before you order.
Last edited by Halvar on 05 Mar 2015, 12:56, edited 2 times in total.

7bit

05 Mar 2015, 12:01

I've updated the wiki about Round 5 leftovers:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/R5_leftovers
:cool:

paul

05 Mar 2015, 12:27

Halvar wrote:
paul wrote: So please can someone confirm that this keycaps are for cherry mx switches?
Yes, they are. The photos are photos of historical key caps that inspired the switches in this group buy. In most cases the keycaps in group buys do not exist when the group buy starts, so there can only be photos of comparable caps.
No, they are not in stock at all! That's not how these group buys work. The idea of a group buy is for a group of people to collect money and buy something as a group, normally something that you can't buy as a single person at all, or it would be much more expensive. In this case, these keycaps are produced especially for this group buy and not available elsewhere.

7bit's group buys have a history of taking a very very long time. It can take 18 months or 2 years to get the key caps. No joke. Make sure you can live with that before you order.
Thank you very much. You were a great help.

SL89

05 Mar 2015, 15:03

New cadet kits? Excellent, time to place my round 5a order I think

Yslen

05 Mar 2015, 18:01

Am I correct in thinking that the Round 5a "deadline" (the point at which it shifts to leftovers and some kits become unavailable) will be AFTER everyone gets their Round 5 caps? My instinct says yes, given how long things tend to take :P

Basically want to wait and see what I feel I want to add to my Round 5 order once I've got them in hand, then order Round 5a to fill in the gaps.

SL89

05 Mar 2015, 18:06

As i understand it, 7bit is holding off until we meet at least some of the moqs to even move forward with Round 5a. Right now Cadet and Cream are the front runners by far, so the other colors may be yet another branch gb *after* Cadet and Cream happen.

Yslen

05 Mar 2015, 18:09

Right, so there's nothing I can do at this point if I decide I want something like TBL/BASE/BLACK? Just have to wait and see if 5a (or 5b) tip with colours that have already gone through R5? Or second hand, I suppose...

Realised I should have anticipated wanting TKL coverage in more than one colour, I was on a bit of a 60% bent at the time of ordering...

7bit

05 Mar 2015, 18:18

Yslen wrote: Am I correct in thinking that the Round 5a "deadline" (the point at which it shifts to leftovers and some kits become unavailable) will be AFTER everyone gets their Round 5 caps? My instinct says yes, given how long things tend to take :P

Basically want to wait and see what I feel I want to add to my Round 5 order once I've got them in hand, then order Round 5a to fill in the gaps.
This is correct!

tricheboars

05 Mar 2015, 22:19

why do i keep getting email invoices for the order i placed 13 months ago and already paid for? do i need to do something? am i messing something up? does this mean that my order is about to ship?

Yslen

05 Mar 2015, 22:24

No, no and no (probably). I get these too, think the system just spams them out from time to time.

7bit

05 Mar 2015, 23:28

tricheboars wrote: why do i keep getting email invoices for the order i placed 13 months ago and already paid for? do i need to do something? am i messing something up? does this mean that my order is about to ship?
Sometimes the bot feels like sending messages.

Ideally, you answer with another order, so he feels better!
:evilgeek:

SL89

06 Mar 2015, 00:22

Feed the bot, more orders!

paul

06 Mar 2015, 08:57

7bit wrote: Yes, they are Cherry MX.

Here is what you need to order:

HONEYB/ALPHA/WHITE         |  7|   59|USD| 49|ALPHA white kit
HONEYB/ERGOBASE/WHITE      |   |   49|USD| 36|Ergo base white kit
HONEYB/CURSYM/WHITE        |   |   12|USD|  8|Cursor symbols white kit

Order-ID                 |Stk|Price|Cur|Pcs|Description
HONEY/VERTBSL/R3         |  8|    1|USD|  1|vert bslash (row 3; white)
HONEY/VERTBSL/R4         | 22|    2|USD|  1|vert bslash (row 4; white)
Or just pm this to user 7bot:
HONEYB/ALPHA/WHITE
HONEYB/ERGOBASE/WHITE
HONEYB/CURSYM/WHITE
HONEY/VERTBSL/R3
HONEY/VERTBSL/R4
your e-mail address
ADDRESS
your shipping address

As I understand these will be available for delivery in about 2-3 months so if together with them I order some switches too, the switches will be also delayed by the caps? In other words if I want the switches right away I should place them in a separate order or they will be delivered anyway and the caps will be delivered when they will arrive?

7bit

06 Mar 2015, 09:01

You order switches from CherryMX. They will delivered independently, unless you order the ROUND5 kit. To have the switches not even delayed by not-in-stock switches, just order the SHIPNOW kit. Things can't be easier!

paul

06 Mar 2015, 09:13

7bit wrote: You order switches from CherryMX. They will delivered independently, unless you order the ROUND5 kit. To have the switches not even delayed by not-in-stock switches, just order the SHIPNOW kit. Things can't be easier!
Damn it was fast :o

Thank you

Supergeek

06 Mar 2015, 13:44

Is the Space Cadet set supposed to have black text on some mods? http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:HONEYB_TKL_CADET.png

Return to “Group buys”