Great/Interesting Finds

andrewjoy

27 Mar 2015, 15:31

the US and UK xt's are almost identical from what i understand

GuilleAcoustic

27 Mar 2015, 15:38

andrewjoy wrote: the US and UK xt's are almost identical from what i understand
Except a few symbols, the UK one miss the ` which I use to compote the following accentuated french letters èÈ àÀ ùÙ.

My wife is a former journalist and being able to enter ALL french accentuated characters is my only chance to convince her to trade our crappy AZERTY dome keyboard for a QWERTY keyboard (US International) :lol:.

The french keyboard doesn't allow accentuaed captital letters, except those composed of ^ or ": îÎ ûÛ ôÔ ëË ïÏ :cry: .

andrewjoy

27 Mar 2015, 15:40

fair enough, easy to mod in software tho, considering you will be building a converter anyway :)

There is one problem, once you have used a model F with the 1 part XT caps you won't want to go back.

GuilleAcoustic

27 Mar 2015, 15:42

andrewjoy wrote: fair enough, easy to mod in software tho, considering you will be building a converter anyway :)

There is one problem, once you have used a model F with the 1 part XT caps you won't want to go back.
I can touch type, so unmatched keycaps / software layout is no problem ... but the missus doesn't touch type, neither does the kids :lol:.

andrewjoy

27 Mar 2015, 15:43

ahhh :), necessity however is the mother of invention, if they have to learn they will :P

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Mar 2015, 15:45

GuilleAcoustic wrote:
andrewjoy wrote: fair enough, easy to mod in software tho, considering you will be building a converter anyway :)

I can touch type, so unmatched keycaps / software layout is no problem ... but the missus doesn't touch type, neither does the kids :lol:.
You can replace the wrong caps by some from Unicomp or a model M. ;)

GuilleAcoustic

27 Mar 2015, 15:45

andrewjoy wrote: ahhh :), necessity however is the mother of invention, if they have to learn they will :P
XT is pretty sturdy and heavy ... might end up with it smashed on my head if the missus can't cope with it :lol:
ramnes wrote: You can replace the wrong caps by some from Unicomp or a model M. ;)
Unicomp ones doesn't look that gorgeous, and the model M doesn't have the right width for the "stepped" }] key
Last edited by GuilleAcoustic on 27 Mar 2015, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Mar 2015, 15:46

GuilleAcoustic wrote: IBM Model F AT (2 remaining):
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/301573266378?ssP ... 1423.l2649
One already sold. Who took it? And how much did you offered?

GuilleAcoustic

27 Mar 2015, 15:50

ramnes wrote:
GuilleAcoustic wrote: IBM Model F AT (2 remaining):
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/301573266378?ssP ... 1423.l2649
One already sold. Who took it? And how much did you offered?
The missing one is not me, and I haven't made any offer, I only have eyes for the XT :lol: the side by side aigüe and grave accents are so much more convenient :D

scottc

27 Mar 2015, 15:57

You know those are all interchangable, and you can use the caps from a Model M, right?

GuilleAcoustic

27 Mar 2015, 16:14

scottc wrote: You know those are all interchangable, and you can use the caps from a Model M, right?
I know that, at least the UK XT doesn't need a replacement closing bracket/brace key. That one looks a little wider than the other (1 step on both left and right side). Moving from UK to US keyset would need only 4 keycaps

scottc

27 Mar 2015, 16:19

Wait, but the bottom picture is an AT, not an XT. I'm a bit confused now.

Edit: Never mind, I should just read more. Forget I said anything!

GuilleAcoustic

27 Mar 2015, 19:00

Damn, the UK Xt sold for 49€. Was unable to enter a bid from the ebay app because it was not flagged as "deliverable to France" (the seller was OK though). :cry:

Next time will be my time xD

andrewjoy

27 Mar 2015, 19:24

In regards to that access POS

he let me have it for 15 GBP + p&p

so i have switch blockers up the wazoo now, i can let a few go about 6

and best of all

it has a space bar ( a real space bar) that fits my minila WOO HOO! and has a doubleshot ISO return for it as well . a good buy for a minila owner who needs switch blockers.

i will be harvesting all the caps does anyone want the bare board can have it for a fiver + p and p its NIB and has some nice blacks , smoother than my reds where when new

EDIT

it has a linier grey for all you switch collectors ( can you still buy them i dunno)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Mar 2015, 19:46

GuilleAcoustic wrote: Damn, the UK Xt sold for 49€. Was unable to enter a bid from the ebay app because it was not flagged as "deliverable to France" (the seller was OK though). :cry:

Next time, just bid from ebay.co.uk!

scottc

27 Mar 2015, 19:54

andrewjoy wrote: In regards to that access POS

and best of all

it has a space bar ( a real space bar) that fits my minila WOO HOO! and has a doubleshot ISO return for it as well . a good buy for a minila owner who needs switch blockers.

i will be harvesting all the caps does anyone want the bare board can have it for a fiver + p and p its NIB and has some nice blacks , smoother than my reds where when new

EDIT

it has a linier grey for all you switch collectors ( can you still buy them i dunno)
Up the wazoo :lol: Love that phrase. I'd still be up for a couple of switch blockers if that's alright with you! I'm alright for the board though, already have way too many desoldered MX switches, and a donor board with MX clears in the post, not including another 200 Gaterons...

You can still get linear greys from 7bit, they're also under the spacebar of most original Cherry Corp boards with MX Blacks.

GuilleAcoustic

27 Mar 2015, 20:37

ramnes wrote:
GuilleAcoustic wrote: Damn, the UK Xt sold for 49€. Was unable to enter a bid from the ebay app because it was not flagged as "deliverable to France" (the seller was OK though). :cry:

Next time, just bid from ebay.co.uk!
Was on my way home with sparse data network. Though that the ebay Android app would allow me to bid, as the ebay website gave me the option to do so ... just been owned xD

andrewjoy

27 Mar 2015, 20:40

scottc wrote:
andrewjoy wrote: In regards to that access POS

and best of all

EDIT

Up the wazoo :lol: Love that phrase. I'd still be up for a couple of switch blockers if that's alright with you! I'm alright for the board though, already have way too many desoldered MX switches, and a donor board with MX clears in the post, not including another 200 Gaterons...

You can still get linear greys from 7bit, they're also under the spacebar of most original Cherry Corp boards with MX Blacks.

send pm

Nuum

27 Mar 2015, 20:56

andrewjoy wrote:In regards to that access POS

and best of all

EDIT

I could use about two as well!

scottc

27 Mar 2015, 22:14

Really excellent deal, apart from the shipping. Someone in the US should grab it!

idollar
i$

27 Mar 2015, 22:15

idollar
i$

27 Mar 2015, 22:17

scottc wrote: Really excellent deal, apart from the shipping. Someone in the US should grab it!
Sorry ... I deleted the post to write it again in the right order. You were too fast answering.

Indeed. Someone in the States should get it ... soon.

idollar
i$

27 Mar 2015, 22:32

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

28 Mar 2015, 13:26

Just received my NIB 1800. Damn, that thing is a beauty. I should have taken two!

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

28 Mar 2015, 13:30

http://www.ebay.de/itm/391095769060 G80-HFMDE

http://www.ebay.de/itm/231512271054 Chicony 5161 with Mitsumi Miniatures

http://www.ebay.de/itm/301574828810 TA Alphatronic P2

http://www.ebay.de/itm/301574021752 TA Alphatronic P30

http://www.ebay.de/itm/191544874899 ?

ramnes wrote: Just received my NIB 1800. Damn, that thing is a beauty. I should have taken two!
This way Seebart also got one. :)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

28 Mar 2015, 13:36

Was desperatly hoping that no one would have seen the first one... :lol:

HzFaq

28 Mar 2015, 13:41

ramnes wrote: Was desperatly hoping that no one would have seen the first one... :lol:
I'd found it but not posted it, I guess a few others had as well.

Stabilized

29 Mar 2015, 17:44

Did someone on here get this:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 73&alt=web

Was really hoping for my first dye sub set, but hoping someone on here got it instead :)

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

29 Mar 2015, 17:52

Didn't know there were cherry dyesubs with bars on f/j/5.

Nuum

29 Mar 2015, 17:56

There are, but they are G83 and not MX compatible. I think the auction shows a G83 as well.

Return to “Other external”