17 x CST Kidtrac trackballs. ALL SOLD!

Do you want to wait for the additional 3 trackballs. (only vote if you are in the group buy)

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 9

andrewjoy

24 Mar 2015, 12:47

what i like about my kid track ( at least the one i use most of the time in work) is its the older model , and the ports for the buttons are on the side , what i was thinking was remove the 3.5mm jack and replace it with a small push button , you can get then around the same size. And then see if its possible to mod the firmware to allow me to hold it down and then scroll will the ball

RoastPotatoes

25 Mar 2015, 10:53

Are there any of these left?

andrewjoy

25 Mar 2015, 10:54

Sorry no

RoastPotatoes

27 Mar 2015, 00:05

Thanks for the reply

chzel

28 Mar 2015, 11:18

Thank you andrewjoy for doing this miniGB!!! :mrgreen:
I got my trackball yesterday and I really like it! It takes a while to get used to it, and I miss the scroll wheel but it's nice!
Unfortunately the #1 ball had some scratches on it, and feels bumpy, but the #13 feels perfect! BTW, the stock ball weighs ~170g and the pool ball ~180g, yet the pool ball feels much more dense!

One of the switches (the left click) has lost it's tactility and really bothers me!!! I know this kind of switches were used in older Microsoft mice and I had two mice PCB's in my parts bin...but I think I threw them away a couple of months back! :roll:
Every time I clear out the "junk", a couple of months later I need something I had.... :evil:

Can anyone point me to a source for the switches? Or a part#, or a cheap mouse that uses them?

PS: Just for reference, here is the manual for another model that describes the hardware button features (drag lock, scroll lock, button swap)

andrewjoy

28 Mar 2015, 11:50

err switches i dunno , but my RS232 one has stopped working ( got a pc track off ebay for 1 GBP more than GB price to replace it ) so if i cannot fix it i can try to salvage switches, other than that you could swap middle click and left click

pexon

28 Mar 2015, 19:05

Finally got my cable sorted for the trackball, its working flawlessly, love it! Gave it a damn good clean inside and out, lubed it up and it runs lovely. Thanks again Andrew

andrewjoy

28 Mar 2015, 20:46

just had a think about replacement buttons, ask CST they are very good. They will check the design and give you the product number i am sure if it.

pexon, did you make a custom cable ? Can you make more ? What price would we be looking at.

Madhias
BS TORPE

28 Mar 2015, 20:48

andrewjoy wrote: pexon, did you make a custom cable ? Can you make more ? What price would we be looking at.
Second that question!

andrewjoy

28 Mar 2015, 20:51

Oooo a sleeving that has all the colours of the kidtrack would be nice :)

pexon

28 Mar 2015, 22:05

I had to modify the stock cable that it came with, note sure of the connectors and crimps used inside

Edit:- perhaps we can contact CST and see if they can provide info on it

Return to “Group buys”