Post your keyboard/keycaps!

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

13 Apr 2015, 10:33

ramnes wrote: After two monthes lurking, I finally succeed to fill my KBT Pure with OG Cherry caps only:
I let you guess all the boards used!
Looks great, is that a case from QTAN ? The board looks dope :D
And now a little bit of trolling, you French and your damn AZERTY :x How the hell do you type >< on that ANSI layout ? Or any ANSI missing the extra key near Left SHIFT
I had yesterday a problem with a server hosted in France and the console was mapped to French :x and the root password had > in it, as copy paste is not working I had to cut a black rooster and sacrifice it to the gods in order to be able to log in :evil:

And now OT again:
Last edited by DanielT on 13 Apr 2015, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

13 Apr 2015, 10:35

sounds like AZERTY was messing with you DanielT. :evilgeek:

Nice colors on that 60% you got there! The case is metal I assume?

DanielT

13 Apr 2015, 10:43

Yep heavy alu case, looks great with Charred Orange/Skidata :) This is my favorite set and board :D
I hate AZERTY so much :( It's evil and I have tons of servers with Fr keymap, it's a nightmare. ISO is evil...

Madhias
BS TORPE

13 Apr 2015, 10:57

Wow, so much nice Cherry love in this thread lately! Great pics all!

seebart

13 Apr 2015, 11:00

DanielT wrote: I hate AZERTY so much :( It's evil and I have tons of servers with Fr keymap, it's a nightmare. ISO is evil...
hahaha they may seem strange to you but they are not evil trust me. :lol:

DanielT

13 Apr 2015, 11:34

seebart wrote:
DanielT wrote: I hate AZERTY so much :( It's evil and I have tons of servers with Fr keymap, it's a nightmare. ISO is evil...
hahaha they may seem strange to you but they are not evil trust me. :lol:
:lol: I must admit that I plan to biuld an ISO DE 60%, that is one ISO layout I like and could use when I need to write in German, but I will never ever use AZERTY, French guys don't be mad at me, I hate only the layout :lol: I love French, I have a huge collection of French BD (comics) and it's always a pleasure for me to speak and read in French. One of the best memories from my childhood are the French BD's, the only ones that got imported in a communist country :)

Mal-2

13 Apr 2015, 14:53

Cherry G86-63401, alpha and numpad keys taken from a G86-61400 (which performs essentially identically, but I decided I wanted to try a matrix). The current alpha area Enter is what used to be the numpad Enter. The divider is merely a piece of card covered in electrical tape.

Not mechanical, just a really "thocky" rubber dome with quite distinct tactility (lots of snap). The ~60g force required peaks quite quickly (about 3 mm into the travel) then falls off quite dramatically. Once that point is reached, it takes great care not to bottom out the key, if for some reason it bothers you to do so. The activation point is about 1.5 mm from bottom.

The relevant thread is over here if you want all the good, bad, and ugly details.
Attachments
cherry-mine4.jpg
cherry-mine4.jpg (272.21 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
Last edited by Mal-2 on 22 Apr 2015, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

seebart

13 Apr 2015, 14:57

interesting layout you got there Mal-2! That's the best embedded enter key I have seen in a long time!

Khers

13 Apr 2015, 17:21

Time for some Topre-love! I got a very nice purple cable for my Realforce from pexon today. The colour combo maybe isn't to everybody's taste, but I like it! :mrgreen:

DanielT

13 Apr 2015, 17:24

I like bright colors and the cable is dope :D
I keep telling myself that one day I'll get a custom cable too, maybe I should make that day sooner.

Khers

13 Apr 2015, 17:39

You should! I got a few cables from pexon today, and all of the look absolutely spectacular! The only issue is that you might end up buying more cables than you initially thought, because there are so many options and it can be rather difficult to choose only one :D

DanielT

13 Apr 2015, 18:12

Yep, I saw that :D too many options and every time I wanted to buy one ended with a ton of cables in my cart and my budget didn't cover that :lol:
Really nice cables you've got there ;)

photekq
Cherry Picker

13 Apr 2015, 18:13

HzFaq wrote: @Photekq, lets have the SAT on the MX5000 ;).
Soon :maverick:

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

13 Apr 2015, 18:24

Hmm. I wonder if Pexon can do USB OTG host mode cables. I'm working on a cable to connect my V60 to a Samsung tablet. Mini B left angle to Micro B right angle with sense pin shorted for host mode, and about 30-40cm long. For the first version I will just hack and splice it myself but something more elegant might be nice.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

13 Apr 2015, 19:09

DanielT wrote:
ramnes wrote: After two monthes lurking, I finally succeed to fill my KBT Pure with OG Cherry caps only:
I let you guess all the boards used!
Looks great, is that a case from QTAN ? The board looks dope :D
And now a little bit of trolling, you French and your damn AZERTY :x How the hell do you type >< on that ANSI layout ? Or any ANSI missing the extra key near Left SHIFT
I had yesterday a problem with a server hosted in France and the console was mapped to French :x and the root password had > in it, as copy paste is not working I had to cut a black rooster and sacrifice it to the gods in order to be able to log in :evil:
Yeah, Hammer clone, just like your I guess. :)

And the AZERTY is just there for the beauty of the dye-sublimated caps. I type in international QWERTY, actually. :D

scottc

13 Apr 2015, 19:13

DanielT wrote: And now a little bit of trolling, you French and your damn AZERTY :x How the hell do you type >< on that ANSI layout ? Or any ANSI missing the extra key near Left SHIFT
Hahahah! That's hilarious. :lol: :lol:

DanielT

13 Apr 2015, 19:25

scottc wrote:
DanielT wrote: And now a little bit of trolling, you French and your damn AZERTY :x How the hell do you type >< on that ANSI layout ? Or any ANSI missing the extra key near Left SHIFT
Maybe to you :lol:
But I had to solve it with the customer breathing in my back :lol:
How the hell do you type that ! I had to use some on-screen board and even that didn't work how it should :lol:

@rammes: same case :) really nice for the money.

scottc

13 Apr 2015, 19:26

DanielT wrote:
scottc wrote:
Maybe to you :lol:
But I had to solve it with the customer breathing in my back :lol:
How the hell do you type that ! I had to use some on-screen board and even that didn't work how it should :lol:

@rammes: same case :) really nice for the money.
I spent some time in France before I really knew how to use a computer, and I was dumbfounded by the layout. How can someone invent a keyboard layout where you have to shift to type a full-stop?!

Khers

13 Apr 2015, 19:44

scottc wrote: I spent some time in France before I really knew how to use a computer, and I was dumbfounded by the layout. How can someone invent a keyboard layout where you have to shift to type a full-stop?!
It fits the french mentality! You need to use shift to write full stop but not to write an exclamation mark! :mrgreen:

scottc

13 Apr 2015, 19:53

Khers wrote:
scottc wrote: I spent some time in France before I really knew how to use a computer, and I was dumbfounded by the layout. How can someone invent a keyboard layout where you have to shift to type a full-stop?!
It fits the french mentality! You need to use shift to write full stop but not to write an exclamation mark! :mrgreen:
Perfect :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mal-2

13 Apr 2015, 20:28

DanielT wrote: And now a little bit of trolling, you French and your damn AZERTY :x How the hell do you type >< on that ANSI layout ? Or any ANSI missing the extra key near Left SHIFT:
< is shift+, and > is shift+. Now a better question might be how we type « and », because some of us do. It's just that you're not going to get a single, unified answer in response. For me it's AltGr+, and AltGr+. (unshifted). Slightly counterintuitive, but physically easier to perform.

DanielT

13 Apr 2015, 21:34

Mal-2 wrote:
DanielT wrote: And now a little bit of trolling, you French and your damn AZERTY :x How the hell do you type >< on that ANSI layout ? Or any ANSI missing the extra key near Left SHIFT:
< is shift+, and > is shift+. Now a better question might be how we type « and », because some of us do. It's just that you're not going to get a single, unified answer in response. For me it's AltGr+, and AltGr+. (unshifted). Slightly counterintuitive, but physically easier to perform.
I know on ANSI but the problem is like this: I have an ANSI board and the server had the console configured for ISO Fr, on my ANSI board I'm missing the little key next to left shift the one with <> :D That was my problem :lol:

davkol

13 Apr 2015, 23:06

Mal-2 wrote:
Even better, how do you type Czech „quotation marks“ on Czech QWERTZ? Well, you don't. Either software has autocorrect enabled, or you can type Unicode codes.

Mal-2

14 Apr 2015, 03:58

davkol wrote: Even better, how do you type Czech „quotation marks“ on Czech QWERTZ? Well, you don't. Either software has autocorrect enabled, or you can type Unicode codes.
You don't type true open and close quotes (double or single) for English either. Those are also software autocorrects. The keyboard generates only the neutral type. This can pose all sorts of issues when editing pasted text, for example to forum software such as this. Text pasted from Word or Google Docs or something similar will have “proper quotes” while text typed in directly will have "neutral quotes".

The neutral single quote also has to stand in for an apostrophe, which is actually a different mark.

davkol

14 Apr 2015, 15:31

US International. Layer 4 @ brackets.

pexon

14 Apr 2015, 22:55

Awesome Realforce. Once I get a board sorted out with a Penumbra set, I am going to look for an 87 methinks!

photekq
Cherry Picker

16 Apr 2015, 20:08

Terrible, terrible picture, but it's the only picture I took before I sold the 2100HDD..

Cherry battlecruisers :maverick:

seebart

16 Apr 2015, 20:12

nice, the bottom one is just like mine.
Less yellowing on yours of course.

Mal-2

16 Apr 2015, 22:30

seebart wrote: interesting layout you got there Mal-2! That's the best embedded enter key I have seen in a long time!
I do occasionally miss and hit Scroll Lock, or (less often) Pause, but neither has significant consequences. That's why I put them there, as opposed to something else. Scroll Lock causes a light to come on, so I know to tap it again. Pause effectively just does nothing when I'm in general typing mode. Similarly, if I hit PrintScreen when I'm reaching for Backspace, it's pretty much just a wasted keystroke.

LLRnR
\m/

19 Apr 2015, 00:04

I got something in the mailbox today...
2015-04-18_22-51-40.jpg
2015-04-18_22-51-40.jpg (312.21 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
Courtesy of DanielT! :cool: Thank you very much! :mrgreen:

It's for my only Cherry MX keyboard, a Filco Minila that I bought from cheesebaron and that I take with me at work every day. Well, I technically have another MX board, a Logitech G710+, but it has been permanently borrowed by my significant other.
Spoiler:
2015-04-18_22-49-50.jpg
2015-04-18_22-49-50.jpg (203.53 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
The keyboard behind the Filco is my beloved SSK from Cindy and it's my daily driver at home. One more pic...
Spoiler:
2015-04-18_22-50-14.jpg
2015-04-18_22-50-14.jpg (228.16 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
And now, time to add some geek keys to the Filco!
2015-04-18_22-58-28.jpg
2015-04-18_22-58-28.jpg (285.93 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
A few more shots from up close.
Spoiler:
2015-04-18_22-59-25.jpg
2015-04-18_22-59-25.jpg (145.96 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
2015-04-18_23-01-37.jpg
2015-04-18_23-01-37.jpg (275.23 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
These key caps rock! \m/

Return to “Gallery”