Razer jumps a shark that's jumping another shark that's jumping Fonzie

bhtooefr

21 May 2015, 17:32

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mouse-m ... er-firefly

It's a mousepad with 24bpp RGB LED lighting.

What is this I dont even.

IanM

21 May 2015, 17:36

Looks incredible, for sure the best mousepad ever! I've just pre ordered eight of them so I can cover my entire desk area.

Muirium
µ

21 May 2015, 17:36

Is it programmable? It better do animated effects, or I want my shark back.

Khers

21 May 2015, 17:39

Awesome! More cables to clutter up my desk!

HzFaq

21 May 2015, 17:42

IanM wrote: Looks incredible, for sure the best mousepad ever! I've just pre ordered eight of them so I can cover my entire desk area.
I know a guy that would probably do that...

andrewjoy

21 May 2015, 17:56

What the why the errr why ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Large-S ... 419660ff07

This works wonders for me ! They are nice and smooth cheap and look ok. And no silly logos on them that just get dirty and look like crap ( steelseeries i am looking at you) What more do you want

EDIT wrong size.....

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

21 May 2015, 23:02

I really dislike hard mats, anyway. I use a standard steelseries mouse mat and I enjoy it

Mal-2

21 May 2015, 23:27

bhtooefr wrote: What is this I dont even.
Well now you have. Wake me up when they make a Bluetooth version. :roll:

chzel

21 May 2015, 23:36

That thing is like Ambilight for the mouse...Imagine if it would change according to the screen colours! Bling!

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

21 May 2015, 23:48

I'm struggling enough with the idea of keyboard backlighting having spent my first week with it. I guess it's not aimed at me. I'll wait for the evolution that's become a tertiary monitor.
I like how the first photo show the mouse on a separate pad half under it! I'm not sure about that set up either.

Chyros

21 May 2015, 23:51

Razer are pretty much a total chav company. Just stick more LEDs and badges and fancy stuff on it, whatever it is :p . Tasteless vulgar bling-bling, I'd say.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

22 May 2015, 03:08

Yeah I know it sounds really stupid to have LED on mousepad but if you are a guy that has a whole build with say white leds, this might actually look decent on your desk. Still useless though. If I could have the light at a very low intensity so I could just have a slight glow at night then it might be neat actually.

The thing that really makes me angry is the fucking non-removable Razer logo they slapped on the front. Never mind, product is completely tacky and looks terrible to me. I don't want a light up snake orgy on my desk.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

22 May 2015, 12:13

andrewjoy wrote: What the why the errr why ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Large-S ... 419660ff07

This works wonders for me ! They are nice and smooth cheap and look ok. And no silly logos on them that just get dirty and look like crap ( steelseeries i am looking at you) What more do you want

EDIT wrong size.....
eBay Seller wrote: Make you a perfect performance in the game, also good for your daily using. It will be a great gift for your boyfriends or girlfriends.

Sigmoid

22 May 2015, 17:56

Chyros wrote: Razer are pretty much a total chav company.
Not just Razer. Any hardware with the word "gaming" in the marketing copy is guaranteed to be a prime example of tasteless chav vulgarity.

webwit
Wild Duck

22 May 2015, 18:06

Does the cable have a gold connector?

Chyros

22 May 2015, 18:27

Sigmoid wrote:
Chyros wrote: Razer are pretty much a total chav company.
Not just Razer. Any hardware with the word "gaming" in the marketing copy is guaranteed to be a prime example of tasteless chav vulgarity.
This is true. Even the product names are ridiculous. Razer is definitely among the worst ones though xD .

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

22 May 2015, 18:38

Another product I don't need! What else can they come up to milk the gamer crowd? It's generally in that black with RGB color scheme. I do own a Razer Deathadder that I am quite happy with, I don't know any of their other product's though. The title of your thread I do like Chyros!

Mal-2

22 May 2015, 18:45

eBay Seller wrote: Make you a perfect performance in the game, also good for your daily using. It will be a great gift for your boyfriends or girlfriends.
What if I have one boyfriend and one girlfriend, you insensitive clod?! :lol:

(Never actually been in the position of having both at once, unlike my lead character.)

Muirium
µ

22 May 2015, 19:12

Everyone's got it in for polys…

davkol

22 May 2015, 19:16

Mal-2 wrote:
What if I have one boyfriend and one girlfriend, you insensitive clod?!
Then you should learn something about logic… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_di ... ruth_table

Muirium
µ

22 May 2015, 19:17

"And" would still be a better word. It implies we monogamous types are dullards! Get with the new wave, mouse mat free love!

bhtooefr

22 May 2015, 19:26

It says boyfriends or girlfriends, not boyfriends xor girlfriends, so you're good to go.

Although, what about genderqueer partners that don't identify as male or female (so neither "boyfriend" nor "girlfriend" work)?

Muirium
µ

22 May 2015, 19:28

What do they prefer? And we'll need a plural!

davkol

22 May 2015, 20:39

Conjunction certainly wouldn't be better, because of bi[sexual|romantic] individuals that enjoy polyamory. Gender… who cares? Most people have either this, or that between their legs.

BTW I don't blame the seller for "*friends", because there's no plural in Chinese as we know it in most Indo-European languages AFAIK.

Chyros

23 May 2015, 03:16

bhtooefr wrote: genderqueer
wat

davkol

23 May 2015, 10:37

AVEN wiki wrote:Genderqueer is a gender identity that describes a person that does not consider themselves cisgender, but may be a mixture of genders, genderless, genderfluid, or elsewhere on the gender continuum or gender sphere. It is used as an umbrella term for people that do not fit under the male or female gender binary.
Read: some people have way too much time on their hands.

Muirium
µ

23 May 2015, 13:38

I've known a few transgender people over the years. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Society screams at you to die, literally when you're still at school. Be relieved you're happy with your gender. It's a fucking pain when you can't.

As for a spectrum of identities… ach, I'm too old to understand it. But I won't deny they could be on to something. Once it's coherent. The strange corners of society are where progress always comes from. Disgraceful women who just would not shut up about their perceived rights. Unruly negroes determined to undermine their legal masters. New generations come along and the world keeps turning.

bhtooefr

24 May 2015, 04:13

I'm not going to say that I can ever understand non-binary identities (I mean, even binary transgender identities are hard to grasp, not being able to really know what that's like), but I figure the least I can do is be accepting of people who have them. If you don't think you fit in to one end or the other, then maybe you don't fit into one end or the other, and that should be OK.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

24 May 2015, 05:04

I thought we were talking about tacky mousepads. Have we really gone this off topic?

Mal-2

24 May 2015, 05:49

Redmaus wrote: I thought we were talking about tacky mousepads. Have we really gone this off topic?
There was a topic? :mrgreen:

Return to “News”